Soldier 95B

Minecraft for XBLA reaches 3.6 million units sold

Developer Mojang continues to dominate the Xbox Live Arcade charts, announcing today that Minecraft for the Xbox 360 has sold 3.6 million copies. Mojang's business developer Daniel Kaplan revealed the latest numbers on the game on Twitter earlier today, saying he was "really surprised" to learn of Minecraft's latest milestone.

Minecraft on XBLA broke sales records when it launched, becoming profitable within an hour of its release. In July, Mojang founder (and Minecraft mastermind) Markus "Notch" Persson revealed the game had surpassed the three million unit sales mark.

On PC, the tree-punching simulator has surpassed seven million units sold. That's a lot of punching.
    Hard to believe the have reached HALF the sales of PC, in just a few months. Crazy.

2. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's a pretty great game to have. My daughters LOVE playing it and learning about all different aspects the title gives.

4. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Minecraft is a game some don't get, but the ones that do get it love the $#@! out of it. My mom and wife play the game all the time, I play sometimes too, but for me unless I have a large project in mind, I just roam the land killing stuff. But its a game only limited by imagination, and will sell even more once the expansions come out that bring it up to par with the PC version.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Soldier 95B
    They need servers like the PC version has so your maps can be available at all times.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    They need servers like the PC version has so your maps can be available at all times.
    I'd be completely happy with it being up to par with the PC version, a bigger world, and being able to play a map that another person started.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Prolly my girls favorite game on the 360 right now.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Prolly my girls favorite game on the 360 right now.
    Same with my girls. Although very surprisingly, my wife does like Halo, and COD.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's a pretty great game to have. My daughters LOVE playing it and learning about all different aspects the title gives.
    Yeah got to admit, it wasn't a game I bought for my girls but they both love playing it. Especially seeing as its so easy to split screen drop in and drop out.
    Easily their favorite game.

Thread Information