Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1020 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage

Who gives a $#@! whether or not it was "pre-rendered" or in-game? I got the, "oh my... BAD.. ASS" vibe and that was what I wanted to gather from Kojima.

2. Likes Lebowski , Itachi , bigCman123 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Was anyone else reminded of Shadow Moses when they watched the trailer?
    At PAX Kojima said he wants to recapture the Metal Gear Solid 1 feeling on Fox. He said this is a new beginning for Metal Gear Solid. I guess the switch from 2d to 3d is like the switch from linear to the new open world level design.

I can't wait to see what characters are in this one. I wish we could see more gameplay footage. I hope Eva, Ocelot, and Zero make an appearance.
    Last edited by bigCman123; 09-03-2012 at 19:57.

4. Likes Shibby , Metal King Slime likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigCman123 View Post
    At PAX Kojima said he wants to recapture the Metal Gear Solid 1 feeling on Fox. He said this is a new beginning for Metal Gear Solid. I guess the switch from 2d to 3d is like the switch from linear to the new open world level design.

I can't wait to see what characters are in this one. I wish we could see more gameplay footage. I hope Eva, Ocelot, and Zero make an appearance.
    Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. Metal Gear Solid is my favorite title in the series and mostly because it felt like such a fresh, new experience. I'm hoping Hideo Kojima can recapture that feeling with the open world level design in Ground Zeroes.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    My 2 biggest gaming embarrassments are:
    Never played a Zelda game
    Never played a MGS game

really want to get this but MGS storyline is so complicated that I'm afraid I will waste my time getting this

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Never played a MGS game

really want to get this but MGS storyline is so complicated that I'm afraid I will waste my time getting this
    *Restrains himself*

You will love this game. It has Big Motherfuckin' Boss! Getcha game up, pimp!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Never played a MGS game

There are 2 games in the series which can be played without previous experience.

MGS1 (obviously), and MGS3 (it's an origin story). They also happen to be the 2 best ones.

Just play those 2 and I think it'll be enough to get this one. Since this is in the 70s/80s, it's likely not going to get into the overly complicated elements of the timeline.

9. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Never played a MGS game

Read a summary of MGS1 (or get it on PSN), buy the MGS HD Collection and play them in order (MGS2,3, Peace Walker), play Metal Gear Solid 4, and then finally Ground Zeroes, and then wait patiently for Metal Gear Solid 5 when $#@! gets real on Playstation 4 and high end gaming PC's.

It's an awesome series (it's my personal favorite). It certainly isn't for everyone, but if you enjoy a riveting tale with $#@! tons of twists then this is a series for you. Also it has a lot of awesome characters and the cinematics are always pretty much the best of their time.

[EDIT]

Or you could just play MGS3 and Peace Walker and then Ground Zeroes since that would be chronologically correct and you would avoid most of the "complicated" parts.
    Last edited by bigCman123; 09-03-2012 at 21:44.

11. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by bigCman123 View Post
    Read a summary of MGS1 (or get it on PSN), buy the MGS HD Collection and play them in order (MGS2,3, Peace Walker), play Metal Gear Solid 4, and then finally Ground Zeroes, and then wait patiently for Metal Gear Solid 5 when $#@! gets real on Playstation 4 and high end gaming PC's.

It's an awesome series (it's my personal favorite). It certainly isn't for everyone, but if you enjoy a riveting tale with $#@! tons of twists then this is a series for you. Also it has a lot of awesome characters and the cinematics are always pretty much the best of their time.

[EDIT]

Or you could just play MGS3 and Peace Walker and then Ground Zeroes since that would be chronologically correct and you would avoid most of the "complicated" parts.
    Ground Zeros is tied to MGS4 I reckon, dam I said a few days ago the previous title will reference the sequal and same with the sequal references its prequel
    Heres to you plays at the end of MGS4 & The beginning of ground zeroes, ironic don't ya think?

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    @mynd
    I ain't got a clue what ya on about with MGS2
    The bandanna is probably throwing ya off and making look like that

Sent via Codec
    I dunno, the Tanker chapter seems like a different build, or game completely.
    I mean I understand the whole concept of the look and feel changing a little because you playing as Raiden, but honestly, these really feel like two very separate games. Hard to explain, I will try and get you a screenshot or two for comparison.

Have just beaten Fatman/ Meet Mr X. Now in the central shell...
    Last edited by mynd; 09-03-2012 at 22:09.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I dunno, the Tanker chapter seems like a different build, or game completely.
    I mean I understand the whole concept of the look and feel changing a little because you playing as Raiden, but honestly, these really feel like two very separate games. Hard to explain, I will try and get you a screenshot of two for comparison.

Have just beaten Fatman/ Meet Mr X. Now in the central shell...
    The game first made a appearance in 1998, but Raiden was on the tanker, ummm you'll get to see Snake in his gear again so perhaps wait till then, maybe theres a difference between the 3 models( yeah theres 2 pliskins)
    I hope you enjoying it btw, ya need to see its the charm to appreciate Metal Gear, its just one of those games.

Sent via Codec

Power Member
    Items User name style
    The game first made a appearance in 1998, but Raiden was on the tanker, ummm you'll get to see Snake in his gear again so perhaps wait till then, maybe theres a difference between the 3 models( yeah theres 2 pliskins)
    I hope you enjoying it btw, ya need to see its the charm to appreciate Metal Gear, its just one of those games.

Sent via Codec
    Am enjoying it, although the control scheme can be frustrating as hell at times.
    Raiden was on the Tanker? Or do you mean in the original version they showed Raiden on the tanker?
    I'm also missing something, I thought I killed Olga, and then she's back on Big shell....

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Holy crap! Four days of 12-hour midnight shifts and this is the kind of stuff I miss. This looks incredible. I'm REALLY loving that it's a Big Boss/prologue game (MGS3 is my fave). I'm also really loving that it's a current-gen game. Playstation exclusivity would be nice, but given a choice between Metal Gear going multiplatform and games being so costly to make that Kojima can't make the games the way he wants, I say "Welcome, Xbox players". The different levels of 'stealth' in the crawling is very cool, the detail in the rain looks amazing, and the fact that Snake is on his own once again is perfect. How is it that Metal Gear games so easily fill me with terrible anticipation with every new trailer?

Shut up and play games

Veteran
    I still don't get which Snake is the one on Ground Zeroes? is it Solid Snake after the events of MGS4? cause I'm not sure if he looks older or younger. Kojima did say this game would be sort of a prequel to MGS5.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I still don't get which Snake is the one on Ground Zeroes? is it Solid Snake after the events of MGS4? cause I'm not sure if he looks older or younger. Kojima did say this game would be sort of a prequel to MGS5.

Neither...

He's introduced as Splinter Snake!

Kidding. He's wearing the eye patch, that's the Big Boss alright. It's a sequel to Peace Walker.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Am enjoying it, although the control scheme can be frustrating as hell at times.
    Raiden was on the Tanker? Or do you mean in the original version they showed Raiden on the tanker?
    I'm also missing something, I thought I killed Olga, and then she's back on Big shell....
    You had a tranquilizer, you get the lethal weapon off her,plus listening in on a conversation when a women says she is pregnant then killing her would be kinda bad taste thou
    And remember its like was made when games like RE had tank controls and things like Onimusha, they was good then
    Thou going back to it wasn't as bad as I thought, like riding a bike to me
    And yeah the first promo footage had Raiden with really bad hair compared to the final one in it with the original version of the MGS theme
    Then there was the Snake one and then the final version which was the trailer
    But yes I don't think the game was like it is originally

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 09-04-2012 at 00:12.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    You had a tranquilizer, you get thw lethal weapon off her,plus listening in on a conversation when a women says she is pregnant then killing her would be kinda bad taste thou

Sent via Codec
    I put enough drugs in her enough to make her offspring a crack child!
    But yeah, I thought it was awfully nasty of Snake to even have a go at her in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    Neither...

He's introduced as Splinter Snake!

Kidding. He's wearing the eye patch, that's the Big Boss alright. It's a sequel to Peace Walker.
    Kojima has already confirmed there are two events, so you might play as Big Boss in only in one of them. I'm with TGO I expect the 2nd part to be some years later and revolving around Snake.

Edit Or at the very least, involve something that allows MGS5 to actually happen, ie Snakes old age cure...
    Last edited by mynd; 09-04-2012 at 00:27.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Never played a MGS game

Don't worry, you're not the only one.

Before last week, I never played a Sonic game (demos from the PSN and PS+ subscription do not count) or ever beat Ocarina of Time until this year. But you'll love MGS. You have two ways of going through it:

Chronological time order: MGS3, MGS Portable Ops (apparently this doesn't count), Metal Gear Peace Walker, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, MGS, MGS2, MGS4.

Or play in order they were released since PS1, ignoring the 80's games.

I tried to play Metal Gear 1 and 2 but I suck at it, even on easy mode. I was never raised on that kinda gaming. I started out with N64 and then went from there. But trust me dude, you will love the series, and there is always a database for MGS questions you have here or anywhere else on the Internet. Hell, there's even an app on PSN that came out with MGS4 which explains the timeline quite nicely. It's like an interactive info-graphic.

Ancient
    But that's the problem Kojima is sneaky, the 2 events or multiple events in the game can all be leading upto MGS5 and Kojima is taking a leaf out of Assassins Creeds book and making this like a Brotherhood or Revelations
    With have already had Peace Walker which is connon to the series, Ground Zeroes could be the same and are all between MGS4 & 5
    Or this could very well be MGS5, and what we've seen is nothing more then the tanker level or virtuous mission( if you know ya Metal Gear you'll know what I mean) cuz has Kojima said, this is just thw prologue to MGS5
    but as for Ground Zeroes the more I think about it the more I'm convinced the split will happen when he meets the scared face dude and will continue with BB for some reason, and the whole mirrored stuff has something to do with it
    Why they all have XOF and Snake has Fox is a mind $#@!, for starters BB isn't even in FOX anymore, he started MFS
    he later get captured by Fox and then forms FOXHOUND with Campbell I think
    Which start off Snakes mission and when Big Boss defects

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 09-04-2012 at 00:39.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    But that's the problem Kojima is sneaky, the 2 events or multiple events in the game can all be leading upto MGS5 and Kojima is taking a leaf out of Assassins Creeds book and making this like a Brotherhood or Revelations
    With have already had Peace Walker which is connon to the series, Ground Zeroes could be the same and are all between MGS4 & 5
    The more I think about it the more I'm convinced the split will happen when he meets the scared face dude and will continue with BB for some reason, and the whole mirrored stuff has something to do with it

Sent via Codec
    I think hes already said something along the lines of this will enable MGS5. Which means at the very least they will plant the seeds to MGS5, after all, he has to I guess, my understanding is most unknown things were wrapped up in MGS4. You cant to a MGS5 if all you have is Old Snake....lazying in the sun....

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    The more I think about it the more I'm convinced the split will happen when he meets the scared face dude and will continue with BB for some reason, and the whole mirrored stuff has something to do with it

Sent via Codec
    Or for all we know, MGS5, could also be this game, in act 2 or 3. Or two games in one disc. He likes to $#@! with us a lot, just like Christopher Nolan.

Ancient
    mynd, have you played MGS4?
    Just wondering because I know I've gone on about it before but a lot of what Eva said and Big Boss may have a lot to do with GZ, and even more so Peace Walker holds great importance too
    And forget my other post, I know why snake has FOX emblem now lol

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 09-04-2012 at 01:05.

Forum Elder
    Items DiceGoogle ChromeNaughty DogBattlefield 3PlayStationPS3 Slim
    i f they do open world i hope they go snake eatr on it

27. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by NARCsnake View Post
    i f they do open world i hope they go snake eatr on it
    My body would be ready, but my mind couldn't handle it! OMG!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Elite
    Obviously if Big Boss was to be younger(ala MGS3) then of course they'll use David, but BB looks way older now. They'll have to use Richard.

Ancient
    David Hayter until MG1, then it would make kinda sense, Snake in MGS:GZ is younger then Old Snake, the Big Boss in MGS4 is nearly 40 years older then he is in MGS:GZ so his voice would have changed

Sent via Codec

Thread Information