Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 31323 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Did you try the grenades/grenade launcher in the water?
    And Vamp, being a vampire?
    Well its not as far fetched as it seems.....to explain him you really need to play MGS4
    You'll be like "oh I see" lol

Sent via Codec
    Yeah but they are so hit and miss, mostly miss, I can get him down to virtually nothing, mainly by a combinaiton of rockets when he on the rails, and c4/claymores when hes running around, but then he completly spazz'z out on you and you cant even get a chance to shoot him.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Did you try the grenades/grenade launcher in the water?
    And Vamp, being a vampire?
    Well its not as far fetched as it seems.....to explain him you really need to play MGS4
    You'll be like "oh I see" lol

Sent via Codec

Ancient
    I played it on European extreme, and mainly used the grenade launcher & machine gun
    Didn't really have a problem, his nife throws can be shoot down
    You can hide in the top right by the door behind the railing to protect yourself and just pop up and shoot him
    But the grenades in the water to force him out then hitting him hard when he comes out (grenades or missiles) which makes him jump back in the water is the best method
    Cuz he doesn't get enough time to regain his stamina bar

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    It beats an explanation of the paranormal though. I understand it's not what many wanted but an explanation through technology is far more plausible than an explanation of the paranormal. Just my .02.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    ^Also, the overall visual technology looks nowhere near 1974 technology.

I mean, just the military gear the military dudes with helmets are sporting look way too modern.
    Yeah I'm not savvy on military gear. My bad for overlooking that. Other than that, the canon-based stuff seem to throw this into '74 regardless.
    Last edited by Bio; 09-13-2012 at 05:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Soldier 95B
    The CGI in that video looked awesome as hell. But once Snake went into actual gameplay, the animations of his character took a big dump.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Yeah I'm not savvy on military gear. My bad for overlooking that. Other than that, the canon-based stuff seem to throw this into '74 regardless.
    Well now that I think of it, the military gear might not necessarily be modern, it could actually be from the 1970's. It's just the "blueish" filter makes everything look modern. I mean if you look at for example military fighter jets from 1970's, they look more modern than its time.

I'm a hater, a traito.
    Right, haven't yet played peace walker so never knew about Chico.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Cant we just say, as we all know, this is an alternative universe, and it's no where near factually correct.
    No $#@!

10. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    It beats an explanation of the paranormal though. I understand it's not what many wanted but an explanation through technology is far more plausible than an explanation of the paranormal. Just my .02.
    Indeed it does bring everything back down to earth, and is way more acceptable for us to believe
    I think a lot of stuff that was explained made it more "in reality" but people wanted the crazy stuff to be crazy stuff

Sent via Codec

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    The CGI in that video looked awesome as hell. But once Snake went into actual gameplay, the animations of his character took a big dump.
    Just because it was running on a PC with current-gen specs doesn't mean the footage was CGI. Big Boss' animations weren't any different than Old Snake's in Metal Gear Solid 4.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Just because it was running on a PC with current-gen specs doesn't mean the footage was CGI. Big Boss' animations weren't any different than Old Snake's in Metal Gear Solid 4.
    Not sure what you call it, but the footage was not gameplay, as in where you are controlling the character. The gameplay didn't happen until they showed him, then showed him from the front with his NVG, then then back around to his back when they started controlling him. The rest was just a cut scene. As soon as the cut scene was over, you could see the drop in quality. I never said the animations were any different or the same as MGS4. But the animation looked like ass in this compared to the animation in the cut scene (which was the first 8 minutes of the video).

Ultimate Veteran
    My mistake, then. What I meant to say is that it was running in real-time, as opposed to CGI where you don't have to worry about the graphical fidelity and other variables.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    My mistake, then. What I meant to say is that it was running in real-time, as opposed to CGI
    Yeah, I really don't know the difference between the two. If it was just a recorded scene put in the game, or the game engine making the scene real time, it makes zero difference to me. I can't control it, so all that matters to me is that the scene looks good and does well to move the story.

16. Likes bigCman123 likes this post
    Super Elite
    I wonder if they'll show Big Boss meeting Naomi Hunter in this game, and how the two became so well acquainted by Frank Jaegar (Gray Fox).

Veteran
    I watched it again. I honestly didn't see a huge drop in quality to make me think it isn't going to look like the cinematics. The only obvious changes I could see were the paper grass and the lighting effects not reacting to his character model very much. The animations were still remarkably fluid. It was obvious we were looking at animations with a rather limited range of context to the environment, but that's one of those things this generation is never going to solve.

So far it looks like the biggest dip the game has when going in-game is animation (which honestly has more to do with how extremely realistic the cinematic animations have managed to be). But the in-game ones are still very good, especially for this gen. Not that it was unexpected given MGS4's production values.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I watched it again. I honestly didn't see a huge drop in quality to make me think it isn't going to look like the cinematics. The only obvious changes I could see were the paper grass and the lighting effects not reacting to his character model very much. The animations were still remarkably fluid. It was obvious we were looking at animations with a rather limited range of context to the environment, but that's one of those things this generation is never going to solve.

So far it looks like the biggest dip the game has when going in-game is animation (which honestly has more to do with how extremely realistic the cinematic animations have managed to be). But the in-game ones are still very good, especially for this gen. Not that it was unexpected given MGS4's production values.

Fairly significant alert.

Soldier 95B

Looks like we saw two different videos then. Textures dropped, shading dropped, lighting effects dropped, animations went from fluid to choppy.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Looks like we saw two different videos then. Textures dropped, shading dropped, lighting effects dropped, animations went from fluid to choppy.
    Choppy my ass... The animations look awesome. The transitions between crouching and crawling looks way better than previous games. So smooth and fluid.

The game looks great and is clearly another awesome MGS game made personally by Hideo Kojima. Can we please stop $#@!ing about pixels here?

Also when Big Boss takes his mask off and says "Kept you waiting huh?", that was awesome. Character models (at the very least their faces) look fantastic in this game. This is MGS my favorite $#@!ing franchise ever pretty much. It's not something I feel like nit picking the hell out of because the mud doesn't look muddy enough or the way Big Boss wiggles his ass when he crawls isn't smooth enough for you.

I understand we're low on MGS stuff to talk about but really I'd rather be speculating about the plot or about new gameplay mechanics or what characters will be in the game than trying to downplay the hype that fans of the series are feeling. "Oh it's not the best looking game of all time so I can't be impressed."

/Rant Have a nice day.

[EDIT] I accidentally grammar for a bit.
    Last edited by bigCman123; 09-15-2012 at 05:10.

Ultimate Veteran
    Yeah, there's nothing wrong with a little hype. I miss it when everyone would get excited for an exclusive, whether it be the graphics, gameplay or both.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Animations drop in EVERY game when going from cutscene to gameplay. I'm glad the animations have improved, they were very robotic in 4.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

24. Likes bigCman123, Bio likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I think its a sign that some gamers have become a bit spoiled whenever they enjoy even picking a game like this apart.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

26. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post
    Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Animations drop in EVERY game when going from cutscene to gameplay. I'm glad the animations have improved, they were very robotic in 4.
    Indeed the part when Snake goes from running to prone and crawling is flawless, don't know what people are on about
    Maybe its just them?

Sent via Codec

28. Likes bigCman123, Bio, Nitey likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    ^Yep, I also think the animation is really well done (:

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by bigCman123 View Post
    Choppy my ass... The animations look awesome. The transitions between crouching and crawling looks way better than previous games. So smooth and fluid.
    Opinion noted.

The game looks great and is clearly another awesome MGS game made personally by Hideo Kojima.
    Agreed.

Can we please stop $#@!ing about pixels here?
    No, we can discuss anything related to the game here.

Also when Big Boss takes his mask off and says "Kept you waiting huh?", that was awesome.
    Agreed as well.

Character models (at the very least their faces) look fantastic in this game.
    I thought that as well.

Thread Information