Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    Fanboys need to stop PRETENDING that MGS4 didn't drag on and on and on more so then past installments with it's over done cutscenes. Did you actually play the game or were you too bosy drooling over the cutscenes. It's a wildly known fact.

It drug on it drug on it drug on. Split screen Raiden/Vamp cutscenes anyone? Yea that was STUPID.

I also very much believe that the game is overly priased (especially on this site) because it's a PS exclusive.
    I loved that cutscene more then most of it, it was so epic I wish more games would do it.

Thank you itachi

2. Likes bigCman123, Ghost likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Sam Fisher!!!
    I respect and totally get others' entitlement to their own opinions. But saying this (and just noticing other people - for whatever $#@!ing reason - are just coming into the thread to troll - if you don't like MGS, brilliant! I just think that you'd still be able to sleep at night without having to voice your opinion and trying to piss people off) on a thread like this is pointless; almost to the point of trolling.

TO make it clear, as a spy-genre nut; I love both.

But I just wouldn't go into a Splinter Cell thread and troll "Solid Snake"!
    /justsaying
    ----------------------------------------------------

This game is going to be awesome. The whole open world thing is going to be revolutionary for the stealth/spy series.

But I wonder, how will this fit into MGS canon?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Hardly trolling. If the picture doesn't remind you of Sam Fisher then you're lying to yourself. Not saying anything about the game just that scene portrayed in the picture is very Splinter Cell-esque. It's mainly the night vision goggles.

(I'm only talking about Sam Fisher BEFORE he started doing his missions in the daylight Michael Bay style).

Master Guru

so that now leaves 2 games to see me out this gen, MGS and GTA V.

day one purchase...
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Is Peace Walker really that good? I'm a few hours into it but stopped playing a few weeks ago. Was finding it tough to get into.
    It really is and don't worry, I had the exact same reaction as you the first time I tried. I put it down for months and I finally picked up again before summer..let me just say that it is an addicting game. I must have 50+ hours into it already..if you are at the beginning, then things will gradually unlock by each mission you complete because each mission introduces a new game mode or a feature. It's kind of logical really because if they gave it to you all at once, it would be incredibly overwhelming, so you slowly unlock things and they'll give you missions with specific objectives so you get used to the new gameplay. It's really nice. The only thing I don't like is the comic book cut-scenes..It's understandable that it was made for the PSP first, but still..

Fanboys need to stop PRETENDING that MGS4 didn't drag on and on and on more so then past installments with it's over done cutscenes. Did you actually play the game or were you too bosy drooling over the cutscenes. It's a wildly known fact.

It drug on it drug on it drug on. Split screen Raiden/Vamp cutscenes anyone? Yea that was STUPID.

I also very much believe that the game is overly priased (especially on this site) because it's a PS exclusive.

Yeah, maybe you should just stick to your JRPG's before you start flaming in here and implying we are all fanboys.

I very much enjoyed MGS4, why the $#@! would I buy it otherwise? I'm a fan of the series. It did have a lot of cut scenes, but it did NOT drag on for me. I played it three times and watched all the cut scenes again and again and again.

7. Likes bigCman123 likes this post
    Elite Member

I cannot wait, Kojima always knows how to make a triple A game.

But why show behind close doors to press?????? Why not show to everyone??? can't troll us like this.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    It really is and don't worry, I had the exact same reaction as you the first time I tried. I put it down for months and I finally picked up again before summer..let me just say that it is an addicting game. I must have 50+ hours into it already..if you are at the beginning, then things will gradually unlock by each mission you complete because each mission introduces a new game mode or a feature. It's kind of logical really because if they gave it to you all at once, it would be incredibly overwhelming, so you slowly unlock things and they'll give you missions with specific objectives so you get used to the new gameplay. It's really nice. The only thing I don't like is the comic book cut-scenes..It's understandable that it was made for the PSP first, but still..

Yeah, maybe you should just stick to your JRPG's before you start flaming in here and implying we are all fanboys.

I very much enjoyed MGS4, why the $#@! would I buy it otherwise? I'm a fan of the series. It did have a lot of cut scenes, but it did NOT drag on for me. I played it three times and watched all the cut scenes again and again and again.
    Indeed, unless I sat through those cutscenes 4 time because I was pretending to like enjoy them
    Thou my main problem with his post was it came from nowhere :-/

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

10. Likes bigCman123 likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I respect and totally get others' entitlement to their own opinions. But saying this (and just noticing other people - for whatever $#@!ing reason - are just coming into the thread to troll - if you don't like MGS, brilliant! I just think that you'd still be able to sleep at night without having to voice your opinion and trying to piss people off) on a thread like this is pointless; almost to the point of trolling.

/justsaying

This game is going to be awesome. The whole open world thing is going to be revolutionary for the stealth/spy series.

Sorry, but it was also the first thing I thought when I saw the photo as well, if you shorten the hair at the back, it looks far more like Sam that Snake...

As a person trying really hard to get into MGS (still working my through MGS2), I'm not trying to be bias.
    Last edited by mynd; 08-30-2012 at 22:22.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Ultimate Veteran
    Can we just move on from Versus' post?

The OP is a moderator. He'll handle any troublesome posts.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    judging by the sneaking suit and the AR that hes carrying i would assume the game is set sometime in the 70's.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Sam Fisher is a poor mans Snake. I wonder if this is the title that Kojima said would have elements of Deus Ex: HR regarding dialog options etc.
    I aint commentng on this untill Ive finished the HD collection.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Soldier 95B

/justsaying

Please take that crap to PM. If you have an issue with posters saying that someone in a picture looks like someone, then you will need to report it to the proper authorities.

BACK on topic (sigh), $#@!ing game will be awesome.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    I'll say it again: $#@! Revengeance. This is what Metal Gear is all about, and what I have been expecting. Make sure there's no Raiden in this game and you're golden Hideo.

In regards to the Splinter Cell talk. There's a big difference between the two series. One is fun to play and has an awesome expansive story and history. The other..well...is boring and it's characters forgettable. I'll let you guess which is which.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

17. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover

Why doesn't your post surprise me one bit?

---------------

I actually can't wait to see an open world MGS in action. I wonder how the storyline will progress though, seeing that it's apparently not as linear as previous instalments.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Sorry, but it was also the first thing I thought when I saw the photo as well, if you shorten the hair at the back, it looks far more like Sam that Snake...

As a person trying really hard to get into MGS (still working my through MGS2), I'm not trying to be bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Please take that crap to PM. If you have an issue with posters saying that someone in a picture looks like someone, then you will need to report it to the proper authorities.

BACK on topic (sigh), $#@!ing game will be awesome.
    My apologies!! - I didn't realise it was due to you thinking it looks like someone (:redface).

I just thought you were bring it up as a 'X > Z' sort of thing. lol I feel bad.

No harm meant.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    I'll say it again: $#@! Revengeance. This is what Metal Gear is all about, and what I have been expecting. Make sure there's no Raiden in this game and you're golden Hideo.

In regards to the Splinter Cell talk. There's a big difference between the two series. One is fun to play and has an awesome expansive story and history. The other..well...is boring and it's characters forgettable. I'll let you guess which is which.
    Well, one is firmly rooted in the real world, the other is quite fantastic in its story portrail, but I wouldnt say SC main characters are forgetable, everyone knows who Lambert, Sam or Grim are, everyone knows the fate of Sams daughter, and of Lambert.. Theres is certinaly LESS of them, thats for sure, however.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Well, one is firmly rooted in the real world, the other is quite fantastic in its story portrail, but I wouldnt say SC main characters are forgetable, everyone knows who Lambert, Sam or Grim are, everyone knows the fate of Sams daughter, and of Lambert.. Theres is certinaly LESS of them, thats for sure, however.
    Since both games are awesome in my mind, but really different at the same time; I don't see how any fanboy of either series one is greater than the other - as in that they're just too different to compare (apart from the stealth/espionage aspect - and that's basically it).

They each have their own strengths, and I have no problem enjoying them for that.

-----------------------------------

ON TOPIC:

I wonder how the open world will be like? If it'll be in one city/regional location; and how big it'll be. I'm guessing this is PS4 stuff though and that it'd be more able (assuming) to accomodate a large open world game whilst being interactive (not static like GTA4).

22. Likes mynd likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Who's Grim? And what happened to Sam's daughters?

Seriously though, never really got into the series as I missed it back in the PS2 days. Only ever played the demo of the very first one.

Soldier 95B
    My apologies!! - I didn't realise it was due to you thinking it looks like someone (:redface).

I just thought you were bring it up as a 'X > Z' sort of thing. lol I feel bad.

No harm meant.
    Ok.

Ultimate Veteran
    I wonder how the open world will be like? If it'll be in one city/regional location; and how big it'll be. I'm guessing this is PS4 stuff though and that it'd be more able (assuming) to accomodate a large open world game whilst being interactive (not static like GTA4).
    Maybe like the Deus Ex games where you have a couple really large open world levels. I think it was Hideo Kojima that said a while back that he was impressed with some of the gameplay mechanics of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Maybe like the Deus Ex games where you have a couple really large open world levels. I think it was Hideo Kojima that said a while back that he was impressed with some of the gameplay mechanics of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
    That makes sense. It would be still be feasible too. Though if they do it Deus Ex:HR style - I'd still like it to be bigger. Maybe x2-4 times larger than Arkham city?

I don't know if that's realistic, or aiming too high or low.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Who's Grim? And what happened to Sam's daughters?

Seriously though, never really got into the series as I missed it back in the PS2 days. Only ever played the demo of the very first one.
    Sams daughter? Well it depends which game you most recently played

Since both games are awesome in my mind, but really different at the same time; I don't see how any fanboy of either series one is greater than the other - as in that they're just too different to compare (apart from the stealth/espionage aspect - and that's basically it).

They each have their own strengths, and I have no problem enjoying them for that.
    Agree, working my way through them, they are most definatley different games.

-----------------------------------

ON TOPIC:

I've always like the idea of a realtime battle field that you could influence through espionage.

I keep thinking of old games like Gunship, where you got given misisons to do on a standard open battlefield. Success of the misison changed some aspects of the map.

Also, does anyone think this will not be mulitplatform, I just cant see them not doing it on everythign they can.
    Last edited by mynd; 08-30-2012 at 23:21.

Soldier 95B

Also, does anyone think this will not be mulitplatform, I just cant see them not doing it on everythign they can.
    They already said they are doing multi platform games going forward. This is why the Xbox has MGS 2, MGS 3, MGS Rising. I hope they port MGS 4 at some point though.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    The sooner we accept that Splinter Cell died after Chaos Theory, the sooner we can move on.

Meanwhile, if Kojima decides he would want to bring some SC aspects into the game, I wouldn't mind that at all.

Ancient
    http://m.computerandvideogames.com/3...e=1#top_banner
    Not sure if posted, there is supposedly 2 Snakes
    Kojima maybe playing with us, but one Snake has MFS patch (Big Boss) while the other has FOXHOUND (Solid Snake) and there is supposedly a difference in there face
    I think the whole NVG thing is hiding something

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information