Indeed it does, don't ya just love it when a new MGS is announced lol

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    clear_as_night
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Obviously not posted yet but someone is hiding something, the people over at Gaf are saying there is definitely 2 timelines
    And I'm not sure it could be my imagination but the picture hiding behind Big Boss with Snake writen on look like someone with white hair, could this be what one of the tweeters was on about when he said Old Snake is back?

Sent via Codec
    Obviously, the writing is on that image to tell us that it has been mirrored... But why?..

Personally, I think it's a reference to Solid Snake's presence in the game... Big Boss lost his right eye and wears the eyepatch over his right eye. Old snake wears his "Solid Eye" on his left eye... The above image tricks us into thinking it's over his left eye.

Not sure what to make of the image underneath. All this teasing is so frustrating! lol
    Last edited by the_jim; 08-31-2012 at 12:08.

PSN ID: clear_as_night
    "XBOX IS ABOUT TO BECOME THE NEXT WATER COOLER" ~ NANCY TELLEM, ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL MEDIA PRESIDENT OF MICROSOFT

PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Id love old snake being the narrator and the whole game is him sat on a rocking chair with a wooden pipe talking to himself about his past experiences.

Thank you itachi

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jim View Post
    Obviously, the writing is on that image to tell us that it has been mirrored... But why?..

Personally, I think it's a reference to Solid Snake's presence in the game... Big Boss lost his right eye and wears the eyepatch over his right eye. Old snake wears his "Solid Eye" on his left eye... The above image tricks us into thinking it's over his left eye.

Not sure what to make of the image underneath. All this teasing is so frustrating! lol
    It could be Liquid/Revolver Ocelot, the image behind the first..He also has long, white hair. I don't want another Old Snake tale.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    It could be Liquid/Revolver Ocelot, the image behind the first..He also has long, white hair. I don't want another Old Snake tale.
    Liquid/ Ocelot are blonde, that is definitely white
    Thou I think its almost guaranteed Ocelot will appear in some shape or form

Sent via Codec

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Here's a more detailed rundown of the presentation:

The demo begins at night and it’s raining. The lighting effects look incredible and all of the camera angles are very tight, close up and fixated on characters and texture effects. It shows a group of men pulling up to a military bases called Camp Omega. The fences and walls are plastered with Spanish writing.

There are Doberman dogs barking at the fence, the compound is heavily guarded by soldiers. The group are let in and appear to be led by a man wearing a trench coat and hat – which looks like a cowboy, almost militaristic hat. His face isn’t really shown much at all.

The group approaches a kid in a cage as men are being hogtied and have bags forced over their heads by soldiers. The compound has many cages within it, and inside is a blonde boy of about ten years old wearing torn clothes that almost look like medical fatigues.

The boy has a vacant look and is wearing earphones connected to a headphone jack that has been surgically implanted in his chest. He seems like he’s being mentally conditioned, which is similar to Raiden’s back story. He was mentally conditioned at a young age by Solidus Snake to be a child soldier.

The man in the hat talks to the boy, saying, "The girl told us everything. We gave her a good ending." He then gives the boy a treat, as promised – which is a Walkman cassette player – implying the time period of the game as late 70s/early 80s.

He then says to the boy, "Now you’re a real soldier" and adds, "Say hello to the Boss". All signs are definitely hinting that this boy is a young Raiden and that the ‘Boss’ in this instance is Solidus.

The men then get into jeeps and leave, driving up to an airfield, where a helicopter is preparing to take off. You then see the man's burned face which is scarred and devoid of hair. The jury is still out on his identity.

He then brings out a black light and swipes it over a ‘XOF’ logo on the side of the helicopter, which causes it to disappear. Once in the helicopter the man’s soldiers tear FOXHOUND patches with the text ‘XOF’ off their uniforms and he gathers them up before tossing them overboard. They flutter in the wind and fall by the feet of Big Boss, who is hunched up against the rocky face of a mountain.

The camera then pans up across Snake before revealing a massive military base that stretches as far as the eye can see. He is wearing an MSF patch.

Live gameplay then begins as Snake checks a prototype device on his arm. Similar to the Dead Space HUDs, the device projects a map of the area in front of Snake that highlights him as a red triangle, and also shows patrolling guards.

The player then makes Snake crouch and crawl along the ground, dodging dynamic spotlights. As he crawls, rats burrow from the ground and trigger his motion radar, turning it red.

Snake then enters first-person binocular view and spies a spotlight tower guard. He then aims in third-person and takes him out with a tranquiliser gun. Spotting a nearby Jeep, Snake hops in and goes for a ride up a road.

Suddenly an APC emerges and starts driving down the same road towards him, causing him to reverse and hide in some tall grass. Outnumbered, Snake pops a yellow flare and tossed it to the ground.

A few seconds later a helicopter flies in for extraction, causing the smoke and scenery to billow and shake in real-time. Helicopters can be shot down if you call them in to an area that is too busy with enemies, Kojima says. Snake gets in, strokes his beard nervously and the demo ends.
    via VG247.
    Last edited by Black; 08-31-2012 at 17:51.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Ancient
    I heard a podcast about the event, Kojima apparently addressed developers talking about how Japan was the king of video games but that crown has gone to western developers and it is time to take it back, which then ge went on to show the demo
    With all the press & developers from round the world being gobsmacked by the footage I think Kojima achieved his goal
    And the talk about how the helicopter bit was all real-time and how it effected everything realistically( just like the super hi spec Cryengine 3 tech demo) and its on current gen spec is amazing, its taken long but I always thought that Hideo Kojima was the only Japan dev that still had it

Sent via Codec

Master Poster
    I need TGS to bring me 3 things.....Trailer and Release date for VSXIII, Trailer and announcement for Persona 5....and this game's trailer
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Power Member
    Items User name style
    How about this for a theory....

First part of the story explains in detail, as to why and how Snake was genetically modified and how the process happens. Told through the eyes of Big Boss/ Major Zero.

To me that would lend to a theory that it happens sometime after he is born...and could be reversed....

Second part ties in years later with Snake finding out, and investigating a way to reverse it.......
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    How about this for a theory....

First part of the story explains in detail, as to why and how Snake was genetically modified and how the process happens. Told through the eyes of Big Boss/ Major Zero.

To me that would lend to a theory that it happens sometime after he is born...and could be reversed....

Second part ties in years later with Snake finding out, and investigating a way to reverse it.......
    Sound possible, thou knowing Kojima that would be the under the surface story thats intertwined with 7 others on top of the main theme which is to do with the cloning lol

One thing I have learnt is previous games always reference the theme of the next game
    Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 08-31-2012 at 22:32.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Hideo Kojima has revealed via Twitter the demo will be made available tomorrow:

It will be available at 3pm PST tomorrow. RT @J_Martinez2012 @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN Mr. Kojima please upload the Groud Zeroes video to Youtube
    @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

12. Likes Nitey , Shibby wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Yeeeessss, thank you based Kojima.

Dedicated Member
    That article says they think the blonde boy is Raiden, but I still think it could be liquid Snake. Also, the guy in the trench coat and cowboy-like hat could be Ocelot (he loves that kind of stuff... I mean he uses a revolver and wears cowboy boots).

I'm impatiently waiting for that MGS:GZ footage to come online.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I still stick to my prediction that young Drebin will turn up in this.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Ultimate Veteran
    I added it to the OP but decided to omit the parts about the little boy 'possibly' being Raiden and mentioning of Solidus Snake since it's all speculative.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by bigCman123 View Post
    That article says they think the blonde boy is Raiden, but I still think it could be liquid Snake. Also, the guy in the trench coat and cowboy-like hat could be Ocelot (he loves that kind of stuff... I mean he uses a revolver and wears cowboy boots).

I'm impatiently waiting for that MGS:GZ footage to come online.
    That guy is has scares all over his face

Sent via Codec

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Looks like we'll get the footage soon.

Trophy-licious!

Ultimate Veteran
    Can't wait to finally see it!

Ancient
    confirmed coming to PS3, and the PC they're running it on is PS3 spec
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...coming-to-ps3/

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    I hope we are getting the full 15 minutes non-edited gameplay.
    Trophy-licious!

PS Unchained
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I hope we are getting the full 15 minutes non-edited gameplay.
    Im gonna wait till 27th till I see the footage

Thank you itachi

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Im gonna wait till 27th till I see the footage
    Why's that?
    Trophy-licious!

PS Unchained
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Why's that?
    I want to see it when Kojima is live on stage! He is doing the 25th anniversary show at Eurogamer this year

Thank you itachi

Ancient

Dedicated Member
    The lighting is fucking amazing!

Also it's awesome that he looks like a mix between Big Boss in Peace Walker and Big Boss in MGS4.

Thread Information