Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    PW was set in 1974, yes the walkman was introduced in 1979 and it was also the year Gray Fox save a little girl

Sent via Codec
    There was a walkman in peace walker that Big Boss could use. They just said it was a prototype.

Yeah after rewatching the video I figured that Big Boss is there to get Chico and Paz. I'm going to assume that other Peace Walker characters will be making a return as well like Amanda, Strangelove, Huey (Otacon's dad), Cecile, and Kaz Miller.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    In the grand scope of things is Portable Ops storyline important? Don't think I can bring myself to complete that one, but could play Peace Walker I think.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Ancient
    Yeah I only just remember the walkman from the beginning lol, and no Dave
    Peace Walker is the only one ya need to play, but technically PW was supposed to be this so it makes sense they are tied togather, I just hope its not like PW architecture wise

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    ADD THIS TO THE OP...

IGN has the full 14 minute version.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/09/01/...14-minute-demo
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Dedicated Member
    Ah you beat me! http://www.gamespot.com/events/pax-2...ml?sid=6394487

So we can call in a helicopter for support at any time and we can customize the song that it plays (lol). Also he mentioned that we will be able to go to other countries.

I'm guessing that this means that this game isn't one open world. Instead it may have several different areas like MGS4 did, but each one will be very open so the gameplay will not be linear. Also levels will be much bigger.

Sounds awesome so far.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    holy effing balls... that $#@!s amazing! god damn i need me some more MGS~!
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Ultimate Veteran
    Added it to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by bigCman123 View Post
    I'm guessing that this means that this game isn't one open world. Instead it may have several different areas like MGS4 did, but each one will be very open so the gameplay will not be linear. Also levels will be much bigger.
    Yeah, I mentioned before that it might be something like the Deus Ex games where you have these large open-ended levels. But it probably won't be too large. The Xbox 360 will likely pose some restrictions.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 09-02-2012 at 01:21.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Extended 14 minute trailer here:
    http://ca.ign.com/videos/2012/09/01/...14-minute-demo

*Trailer starts*
    Me: "No f*cking way this is real time"

*2 mins pass*
    Me: "No f*cking way this is real time!"

*half way through*
    Me: "No f*cking way this is current gen game"

9. Likes the_jim , Lebowski likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    I CANT WAIT! just watched the trailer and a leaked demo you can call helicopters and drive jeeps and such

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    In the grand scope of things is Portable Ops storyline important? Don't think I can bring myself to complete that one, but could play Peace Walker I think.
    Portable Ops isn't important (Hideo Kojima didn't direct it...), but I watched the cutscenes on youtube (I bought the game for cheap, but it's a pain to play). It's not that important.

Peace Walker on the other hand is awesome and is pretty important to the story. It's the story of Big Boss starting to build his empire of soldiers. Also adds closure to MGS3's storyline. Looks like Ground Zeros is going to be a continuation of Peace Walker and then eventually we'll see a MGS5 (I bet it'll take place during the time of Metal Gear 1 and 2).

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    This is for current gen consoles?!. That's impossible, it looks too good!.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    @ Above

That game Beyond: Two Souls looks incredible as well, and 4 years later MGS4 still stands up there among the best looking PS3 games, maybe Kojima finally unlocked the capabilities of the PS3 with this new Fox Engine. who knows...
    Last edited by Ariakace; 09-02-2012 at 03:33.

Tacos Rule!

14. Likes Lebowski , bigCman123 likes this post
    Superior Member

PLayStation.3

16. Likes bigCman123, Fon likes this post
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bigCman123 View Post
    Portable Ops isn't important (Hideo Kojima didn't direct it...), but I watched the cutscenes on youtube (I bought the game for cheap, but it's a pain to play). It's not that important.

Peace Walker on the other hand is awesome and is pretty important to the story. It's the story of Big Boss starting to build his empire of soldiers. Also adds closure to MGS3's storyline. Looks like Ground Zeros is going to be a continuation of Peace Walker and then eventually we'll see a MGS5 (I bet it'll take place during the time of Metal Gear 1 and 2).
    Wouldn't be surprised if it was Metal Gear 1 and 2 told through Big Boss' perspective.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Veteran
    Nice PC graphics. Now I want to see how striped down the console graphics will be.

The visuals should take quite a big hit with it being multi-plat and open world.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Nice PC graphics. Now I want to see how striped down the console graphics will be.

The visuals should take quite a big hit with it being multi-plat and open world.
    You have to differentiate between real time and the cutscenes, the real time stuff wasn't that spectacular, what it was "specular" which is a very easy effect to use, and it lends itself to "wet" environments. Lots of bright highly reflective surfaces.

20. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post

This game looks $#@!ing amazing , though i am disappointed that it's going multiplat.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3akum View Post
    This game looks $#@!ing amazing , though i am disappointed that it's going multiplat.
    Why? The only MGS games that aren't multiplatform are MGS4 and Portable Ops. The main reason that most people were afraid of multiplatform MGS was that it would detract from the game in some way such as graphics.

As we can see that is clearly not the case. I still can't get over how amazing the characters look. The facial animations (along with cloth physics) are amazing. Also that lighting is beautiful. Seriously this looks just as good if not better (I think it may look even better) than Beyond: Two Souls and this is a big open action/stealth game and Beyond is linear. Either way both games are definite day ones for me.

Either way, it's multiplat and looks spectacular. More people get to experience the Metal Gear goodness. I see that as a good thing. This engine was made to work on multiple platforms.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    My GOTY for whatever year it releases and I'm getting whatever collectors editions there will be. That looked SO sleek. Kojima has done it again.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    You have to differentiate between real time and the cutscenes, the real time stuff wasn't that spectacular, what it was "specular" which is a very easy effect to use, and it lends itself to "wet" environments. Lots of bright highly reflective surfaces.
    I know what specular is. Either way, you will not get the IQ of what you see in these videos.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Oh. My. God.

26. Likes Shibby likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I know what specular is. Either way, you will not get the IQ of what you see in these videos.
    I don't think it will be far off, but the star is clearly the snake model, get that right and you probably won't notice other stuff.
    Certainly the FMV will be. Which was what all of that stuff was up until the badges get thrown out of the helicopter.

Master Poster
    Some Dude on IGN said this...thought it was a good summary of the things revealed in the trailer

All of the evidence released so far indicates that the game will start in the late 70's, shortly after Peace Walker...
    http://www.computerandvideogam...

Big Boss (Naked Snake) will be in his 40's (born 1935). If Solid Snake, Liquid Snake (Ocelot), or even Solidus Snake (George Sears) appear in the game, then they would be very young (all born 1972)...
    If you listen closely to the English translator in the Trailer at 11:22, he accidentally lets slip who the boy is... "That area off in the distance, that square area, that's the cage that you saw in the beginning, with the boy, Chico".
    Since Chico is only 12 years old during the Peace Walker Incident in 1974, and he doesn't appear to be much older in the Trailer, then this game may only start a year or two later. The woman that Chico apparently betrayed while in captivity may have been his older sister, Amanda Valenciano Libre. He's being held hostage at "Camp Omega", a facility operated by the mysterious American PMC "XOF" (FOX backwards), which is located at the southernmost tip of Cuba. Paz Ortega Andrade is also being held captive there, and Big Boss must rescue her before "XOF" interrogates her for the location of Cipher (Zero)...
    http://metalgear.wikia.com/wik...

The "Burned Man" appears to be Vladimir Alexandrovich Zadornov, who supposedly died in Peace Walker after being shot by Big Boss. I'm not sure how he could've been burned so badly though. His right hand is also a prosthetic, which you can't tell in the Trailer since both of his hands were covered by gloves...
    "http://i.imgur.com/HeclQ.jpg

Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    *My friend and I watching it*

"This looks so $#@!ing good, there's no way the game is going to look like this."

*seamlessly transitions into live gameplay*

"HOOOOLYYY SHIIIIIIT!"

30. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX

What we saw is totally achievable on the PS3. Kojima is very clever at using the tech available. Remember when MGS2 was debuted, the weather effects were unrivaled and no one thought it was achievable on that console from what the trailers showed. Well it turned out it was.

If I recall correctly all the cut scenes in MGS2 were in game engine.
    Last edited by dc89; 09-02-2012 at 11:09.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Thread Information