Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 919 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

I don't see any prerendered footage there. As amazing as it looks, you can still see that it's not prerendered + how do you explain the seemless transition from cutscene to gamesplay?

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by breaKdown.iNC View Post
    I don't see any prerendered footage there. As amazing as it looks, you can still see that it's not prerendered + how do you explain the seemless transition from cutscene to gamesplay?
    Umm..really!? lol

Its not exactly hard, you get your pre rendered footage, then you get the in game version with the camera matching up. Then you chose a part where you won't notice the cut as much (The tags in the wind) and BINGO!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    No they arent , stop getting sucked in by the prerenderred footage. The actual real time engine stuff was totally achievable, and frankly if it wasn't raining, wouldn't look as good as it does.
    Kojima has confirmed it was all running in real-time, no video all in-game and saying the rain make it look good is silly, unless you think Kojima is gonna have the whole game in rain
    Thou the people over at gaff have concluded how his done it, and it involves Japanese good ol graphical trickery, just like MGS2 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by breaKdown.iNC View Post
    I think he thinks the part when Snake start climbing up is the transition, I probably give it to him it there was a full screen flash but its just the way the titles come up
    But this is Kojima, he is pretty open about this stuff and if he says its real-time, its real-time
    The only real difference is that stuff is controlled and it could be a Fox Engine feature
    Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 09-02-2012 at 21:10.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Oh my! Just watched the trailer and this new metal gear looks absolutely stunning. I can't wait to play this on my PS3 . Interesting tid bits in there regarding Chico and Paz too o.o

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Oh $#@!.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Watchdogs has already been confirmed as a ps3/360 game so
    It was obviously not PS3/360 footage but instead taken right from a high-end PC.

Same was done with Battlefield 3.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    No they arent , stop getting sucked in by the prerenderred footage. The actual real time engine stuff was totally achievable, and frankly if it wasn't raining, wouldn't look as good as it does.
    You can tell it wasn't prerendered by the aliasing in the hair

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    You can tell it wasn't prerendered by the aliasing in the hair
    Yeah like I said the more you watch the trailer the more you see current gen(PS3/360 style level graphics hiding in there) the difference is that it seems to be really pushing those systems + a $#@! load of baked trickery, like the cloth effects etc which KP is known for
    Kojima pushed the bar with every MGS game, MGS4 was mind blowing and still looks good today, this is 4 years of hard work on top of that
    Kojima did the same with MGS2 then 3, some stuff was pull from the 3 to get it looking like that because of performance from the MGS2 engine and it was modified, hence no 60fps in MGS3

Sent via Codec

8. Likes bigCman123, Cloudie likes this post
    Super Elite
    I'm all on it like a car bonnet.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Super Elite
    Am I really the only one that thought Peace Walker was the absolute weakest MG game? I thought the comic book cutscenes were terrible and really did not enjoy the mission structure. Recruiting and building the base was kind of fun for a while, but got tedious really quickly.
    Story was an absolute bore compared to all the other MGS games. In fact, there was hardly and story elements in it at all.

This however, looks really good so far. I'm hoping the story will be awesome. Someone else rumoured that this is the prologue to the game? And that the real thing is kind of a re-imagining of Metal Gear 1? (I dont mean Metal Gear Solid 1). If that is the case, and i'm taking it with a huge pinch of salt, that would be effing awesome!

I say re-imagining because I doubt Kojima would make a 1-1 remake with better graphics and gameplay, he would actually have to really flesh out the story and make it more believable, especially Big Boss' villainy.
    Seeing Big Boss and Solid Snake get at it after we have witnessed Big Boss' sad story would make the whole thing grander and dramatic!
    Last edited by Croyles; 09-02-2012 at 22:18.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Kojima has confirmed it was all running in real-time, no video all in-game and saying the rain make it look good is silly, unless you think Kojima is gonna have the whole game in rain
    He said it was all running on the engine, as was Uncharted, but it still used cutscenes that were pre-rendered, and can you find a quote were he says "no pre-rendered" because i have yet to find one.

It does look good in the rain cause you can simply throw specular on the bump maps and it looks nice and slick.
    The main character is very very well done however. The footage of what I consider pre-rendered, is very very high quality, and would look good rain or not, I'm only referring to the actual game play footage.
    Thou the people over at gaff have concluded how his done it, and it involves Japanese good ol graphical trickery, just like MGS2 & 3
    What the specular?...no tricks there, you could pull the specular mapping on Dx8 equipment.
    But Id like to know what they think..do you have a link.
    I think he thinks the part when Snake start climbing up is the transition, I probably give it to him it there was a full screen flash but its just the way the titles come up
    But this is Kojima, he is pretty open about this stuff and if he says its real-time, its real-time
    The only real difference is that stuff is controlled and it could be a Fox Engine feature
    Sent via Codec
    Its a thumping great blue screen flash, and the image quality from there on in is nothing like what we see before it.
    It quite clearly a different set of graphical routines..hell just look at say Snakes face when he pulls up the goggles compared to say the guard in the jeep (3:38 on the IGN video)..one has an amazing amount of subsurface scatter, the other...looks like a great character model, but still modeled on DX9 hardware....

Just because something is rendered in engine, doesn't mean it was rendered live. Its a trick Naughty dog used, and I don't have a problem with it, but the texture quality was simply to high to be streamed and rendered realtime...
    Of course if we find out that hes running this on a PC with a DX9 card but 1gb VRam, then its possible I suppose..

You refer to pre-baked, image stuff...that is per-rendered footage.
    As I have said before just because it running on the engine, doesn't mean it was not pre-calcualated. Im not talking about a completely pre-rendered .avi file. I'm referring to footage that is has little to none realtime effects going on.
    Last edited by mynd; 09-02-2012 at 22:37.

Ultimate Veteran
    Was anyone else reminded of Shadow Moses when they watched the trailer?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Ancient
    He said it was all running on the engine, as was Uncharted, but it still used cutscenes that were pre-rendered, and can you find a quote were he says "no pre-rendered" because i have yet to find one.

It does look good in the rain cause you can simply throw specular on the bump maps and it looks nice and slick.
    The main character is very very well done however. The footage of what I consider pre-rendered, is very very high quality, and would look good rain or not, I'm only referring to the actual game play footage.
    @Blacksite
    Yes actually

What the specular?...no tricks there, you could pull the specular mapping on Dx8 equipment.
    But Id like to know what they think..do you have a link.

Its a thumping great blue screen flash, and the image quality from there on in is nothing like what we see before it.
    It quite clearly a different set of graphical routines..hell just look at say Snakes face when he pulls up the goggles compared to say the guard in the jeep (3:38 on the IGN video)..one has an amazing amount of subsurface scatter, the other...looks like a great character model, but still modeled on DX9 hardware....

Just because something is rendered in engine, doesn't mean it was rendered live. Its a trick Naughty dog used, and I don't have a problem with it, but the texture quality was simply to high to be streamed and rendered realtime...
    Of course if we find out that hes running this on a PC with a DX9 card but 1gb VRam, then its possible I suppose..

You refer to pre-baked, image stuff...that is per-rendered footage.
    As I have said before just because it running on the engine, doesn't mean it was not pre-calcualated. Im not talking about a completely pre-rendered .avi file. I'm referring to footage that is has little to none realtime effects going on.
    I know you mean pre-rendered like act 3 in MGS4, all running on hardware but recorded
    But a real-time cutscene like all but the one I mentioned, not recorded is what I'm referring too, thou FMV, CG and pre-rendered is 99% used for scenes that are not rendered on the hardware, perhaps its bad wording by you mynd
    But that being said, I still believe it is live footage, especially when something are missing, like the fact thw walkman has a shadow but the boy doesn't?
    Thou I understand your disbelief, ya basically saying you're impressed and you maybe right
    But like I said before Kojima is very open about these things, he told us the act 3 scene was recorded and I find it hard to believe Kojima would show off his Fox Engine with recorded stuff, kinda false advertising if true

Sent via Codec

Super Elite
    I just love the idea of an open world MGS.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I know you mean pre-rendered like act 3 in MGS4, all running on hardware but recorded
    But a real-time cutscene like all but the one I mentioned, not recorded is what I'm referring too, thou FMV, CG and pre-rendered is 99% used for scenes that are not rendered on the hardware, perhaps its bad wording by you mynd
    Probably, I sometimes have a hard time trying to say what I'm trying to say...
    But that being said, I still believe it is live footage, especially when something are missing, like the fact thw walkman has a shadow but the boy doesn't?
    That would lend actually to the theory that a lot of the stuff is prebaked, I haven't noticed that but will go take a look. Rendering only dynamic shadows wouldn't be uncommon.
    Thou I understand your disbelief, ya basically saying you're impressed and you maybe right
    But like I said before Kojima is very open about these things, he told us the act 3 scene was recorded and I find it hard to believe Kojima would show off his Fox Engine with recorded stuff, kinda false advertising if true

Sent via Codec
    A lot gets lost in translation, I honestly think he was just trying to say this stuff is being rendered live, but not necessarily using "live" effects. i.e. he could stop the footage and move the camera anywhere.
    I just don't think if you say changed a light source it is going to update in real time.

Edit: Also on the subject of MGS image quality, why is it, in the HD collection of MGS2, the Tanker chapter seems to be so much poorer then the Big Shell. Snake goes from a triangle for a nose to a fully modeled nose as Private Pliskin
    Was the first part supposed to be released on PS1 or something?
    Last edited by mynd; 09-02-2012 at 23:29.

Ancient
    And thats what I meant by trickery, the effects and are all a illusion a very clever one at that, same with the cloth psychics, all scripted, and I think thats the word you meant, scripted
    But there is a lot in there thats not scripted, but thats because its tied to the gameplay amd needs to react in real-time, shadows, some light effects and dat rain

Sent via Codec

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07

David Hayter or Richard Doyle as Snake (Big Boss) VA for Ground Zeroes

With Ground Zeroes being the next game with Big Boss as the Snake that we will be playing and him also being old as seen in the footage, do you think that David Hayter will be voicing him or Richard Doyle from MGS4? Which one would you PREFER?

I honestly think that they will stick with David Hayter but I did like the voice Big Boss had at the end of MGS4. I thought Richard Doyle did a great job for Big Boss at that time.

Master Poster
    David Hayter....Honestly I would just keep it David Hayter until Big Boss and Snake finally meet face to face as Adults. Whether that's a Metal Gear 1 remake or another Big Boss focused game is the question.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Apprentice
    Richard Doyle is the best big boss David Hayter is Solid Snake.... just stupid to use same dude to do snake and big boss.. even when they are clones...
    Step Your Game Up!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I prefer Hayter. Doyle did a good job but it threw me off at the end of MGS4 when BB had a different voice to what he had in MGS3. Hayter just needs to articulate the older BBs voice differently to reflect age and experience.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I prefer Hayter. Doyle did a good job but it threw me off at the end of MGS4 when BB had a different voice to what he had in MGS3. Hayter just needs to articulate the older BBs voice differently to reflect age and experience.
    For me, Richard Doyle's voice embodied all the experience and wisdom throughout BBs life. It was a perfect fit imo. Just seeing BB being old in the footage made me think for an ounce if he should be doing the voice acting.

22. Likes the_jim likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    David please, once solid shows up then you can use old man richard.

24. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI

Full Pax Conference.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Ancient
    @mynd
    I ain't got a clue what ya on about with MGS2
    The bandanna is probably throwing ya off and making look like that

Sent via Codec

Ultimate Veteran
    Kojima mentions in the PAX 2012 video that it was running on a PC with "roughly the same specs" as current-gen consoles. I never thought the stuff was pre-rendered though. Even when he showed off Metal Gear Solid 4 at TGS 2005, it was running on a PS3 devkit.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 09-03-2012 at 18:54.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    lol since when has any MGS game ever been per-rendered? It's just like a GTA game, all in-game engine.

29. Likes bigCman123 likes this post

Thread Information