Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Super Elite
    Items Atari
    This doesn't mean that PS4 is going to be download only or that blu-ray is dead. Sony can't compete with Chinese companies in terms of hardware manufacturing, so it will make money on sales of discs and royalties instead.
    During E3 I check out the booth babes, and if that's wrong...then maybe I'm missing the point of E3

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by UCONN for life View Post
    This doesn't mean that PS4 is going to be download only or that blu-ray is dead. Sony can't compete with Chinese companies in terms of hardware manufacturing, so it will make money on sales of discs and royalties instead.
    EXACTLY how i read it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    I would think that getting rid of this would save money to invest in better tech for example cut the loses now and you could use the money to go towards PS4 or the re market of Sony's TV division end of the day I still think PS4 will probably use bigger blu ray discs because of the graphics push etc. Toshiba or who ever now owns the manufacturing rights to making BR discs have that expense now and it will save Sony millions to invest elsewhere.

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm HDD, HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Techdigital View Post
    The answer is media cards with the game already on it or flash drives with the game on it...

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    That's a pretty poor answer.

A 4X Bluray drive has a transfer rate of 144Mbps and a manufacturing cost of around $1.

Please tell me how much a 50+ GB media card or flash drive with a 144+Mbps transfer rate costs.

I sure hope it's less than $1, because anything over that $1 cost would have to be added to the price of the $60 game for the developer and publisher to make the same money they make now.

Thread Information