Latest PSU headlines:

[HELP] PS3 Taking all my wifi signal strength

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong board, guys. Feel free to move topic.

Like the title says, as of late, whenever I am logged into PSN, my wifi for all other machines, laptop, desktop, ipad, everything will not detect Internet and the only Internet being detected is through my PS3. I haven't changed anything with my router and this has been happening for about a month. My brother is getting annoyed that he can't get online while I am signed in so I have to sign out or some times even turn off the PS3 to cure the problem. If anyone can please shed some light on this, I would LOVE to get this problem resolved. Thanks a bunch, guys!

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I doubt it's something going on with the PS3. Rather, it's something going on with the router or [internet device dsl/cable/fios, etc]
    Last edited by F34R; 08-30-2012 at 16:39.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    Kingpin326
    Items New User TitlePhotoShopModern Warfare 3Google ChromeUser name styleColeBattlefield 3Assassins Creed Ezio
    Could be your router, try upgrading your router. Which router do you have currently? If it's from a cable company complain to them and they will give you a better one or a working one.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    1/ Are you using a N router
    2/ Are you forcing the other devices to connect at N only? (got them on a high TX/RX rate?)

If you are, soon as you PS3 connects (G-wireless) your other devices wont be able to connect due to the router now working in mixed mode.

Its unlikely, but its the only thing I can think of that would exhibit this.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Apprentice
    I can fix this in 5 minutes.

If you have a older n router in your house they only connect at n which means that if the laptop has a wireless g card it wont be able to connect while another device is in use you will need a new router i recommend a gaming router there designed to connect multiple devices to the network and unlike a regular router they can connect 20 devices instead of the standard 15 device limit that is imposed by other routers

this fixed my issues with this same problem

Thread Information