Latest PSU headlines:

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 51525 ... LastLast
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Yeah its nothing major nor game braking. But its a feature which could add more realism to GTA.

El Presidente
    I still would like to see weather added to the games. Snow, enough rain to flood streets(sometimes). Just more weather to mess with things.

I wouldn't be against a speedometer.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    GTA iv had rain that flooded streets, maybe not on the scale we wanted

On snow it would be hard to create the effects it would have on the game... Anyone seen the $#@! skyrim attempt at it

The only game to have a great go and it worked was ASSASSINS CREED 3.

But on topic:

I could accept speedometer in the GTA v game, but I hope I could turn it off when need be
    Last edited by claud3; 01-13-2013 at 15:09.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    Never really cared for a speedometer in GTA. It's not like the series is primarily known for racing. Actual snow in the game would be great though.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-13-2013 at 18:26.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Mafia 2 had great snow for the most part.

I would love a speedometer personally, i use cars over helis and planes for the most part and would love to see what speed i am travelling. Good for cruising too.

What i also really liked about mafia 2. If its not in I wont really mind either as I know its not something to expect.

RDR had puddles that formed when it rained, which i am sure gta V will also see.

Does it rain much in LA?

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Does it even snow in LA? I dont think so. Doubtfully we will see any snow in V.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Does it even snow in LA? I dont think so. Doubtfully we will see any snow in V.

Good point haha.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    snow will be a no no. speedometer will be a never happening

The rain effect will be the same from GTA IV, just a wee improvement on it...

But on topic:

Anyone think that some off the glitches in the GTA 3 Era games was either lazy design or actually put in like Easter Eggs were , for you to find
    Last edited by claud3; 01-13-2013 at 20:05.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    I didn't say anything about GTA V. Just that I'd like to see snow in a GTA game. Rain is also complex but they managed to pull it off, although it wasn't entirely realistic (no dry spots under bridges etc).
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-13-2013 at 20:28.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Technically LCS had snow (SA also briefly had snow when you visit LC).
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Ultimate Veteran
    Bully also had snow but they really just swapped the color pallete to white for all of their textures. Not sure if it was the same for Liberty City Stories as I only played the PS2 version, which didn't feature any snow.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    the whole raining in doors sometimes was bloodly stupid... Why can't they understand that it rains outside not inside lmao

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    An improved Day cycle would be appreciated in the upcoming GTAs. I have to say that I Loved the Sunshine and Sunrise filters in Vice City.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    An improved Day cycle would be appreciated in the upcoming GTAs. I have to say that I Loved the Sunshine and Sunrise filters in Vice City.
    I thought the sunrise, sunset, clouds and sky in general in RDR looked gorgeous. Watching the sun rise over the mountains, beautiful. I hope for some nice lighting in gtav.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Ultimate Veteran
    I know it's because San Andreas was using the same updated engine from Manhunt but I always thought it was cool how you could find certain props, vehicles and whatnot outside of GTA.

For example, the same Sprunk vending machine in Manhunt was later used in San Andreas. Before then, you could find a different variation of the vending machine in Vice City inside Kaufman Cabs. There's also two different GTA V screenshots where they've reused the same Sprunk vending machine from GTA IV.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Since the Rage engine is the same from GTA IV, the day and not cycle will be the same with a wee tweak to fit in with the different city

Since it's all bright and with colorful, the day and night cycle will reflect that and since it's the Rage Engine 2.1 or something. It will be more dynamic in the way it achieves this

Master Poster
    Vice city stories so far is pretty awesome, graphically it's not that good but not a problem for me.

The fps seems to drop when there are a lot of vehicles on screen which can be a bit annoying but nothing too bad ( like AC3 fps drops on ps3). It is a straight port so no surpise :P

I just REALLY REALLY wish we could use the right analog for the camera, would be my number 1 wish.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    it's the same with all the GTA 3 era games, not all the controls were fully used to the max for each game and that sucked

It was a simple setup, push and it will either walk, drive, shoot or get you killed...

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    San Andreas used the right stick for camera.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    true, but i still feel they were not used to full use

I think since it's an open world game, they could have used all the buttons for some use in certain situations...

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    They did in San Andreas pretty much, the Dpad was used for conversations and radio, the left stick for movement/right stick for camera, L3 crouch, L1 Aim, R1 Fire, L2/R2 camera view in car but nothing on foot.

They did use pretty much every button in SA, LCs and VCS couldve used an additional analogue stick (not sure if they used the right stick on PS2 though).

Ultimate Veteran
    Yeah, San Andreas was a pretty big jump for the series in more ways than one. I especially liked the fact that you were finally able to crouch and sneak up on people in the game instead of just going in guns blazing.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    i am saying more interaction with the NPC's around the city, like pushing like in GTA IV and giving the finger like in GTA 3 and now in GTAV but it's not done instantly like in GTA 3 when in front of a vehicle or a cop pass's by

GTA V, it seems you have a button for that and i missed that in the other GTA games

Yes in san andreas you could comment on what people said to you with the D-pad, but it felt so lame and i didn't get excitement out of it and yes the NPC's fought you if you give a negative response

But it just did not feel great

more grappling moves when you were fighting with fists and stuff..
    Last edited by claud3; 01-16-2013 at 21:29.

Ultimate Veteran
    The NPC interaction was also pretty good in San Andreas, even if the conversations seemed random. I didn't know of any other game that did it. They probably didn't have any time or memory left to do anything else.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-17-2013 at 18:23.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    well i guess so, i see it now and i always that it was lame with last interaction in my opinion

Thread Information