Latest PSU headlines:

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1424 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I modded tear gas back in on my early haitian non friendly PC version but for some reason the gas doesn't hurt Tommy like it does on PS2.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Modding the old GTA games is always so awesome
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    I remember seeing a video of a mod where you could walk through some sewers and other interiors for GTA III. Stuff like that is always cool. I mean, I've played the GTA III era games so many times that I've wondered what it would be like to create your own level and props with their RenderWare engine.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    yeah, it just goes to show what is still possible and to this day...People are still modding GTA 3, VC and S.A

just proves how important they still are
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    I can see why no one talks about GTA Advance. It looks boring. :P
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 08-19-2013 at 07:52.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    It's a hand me down of GTA1 with less violence. Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo forced them to cut blood from it.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    It's a hand me down of GTA1 with less violence. Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo forced them to cut blood from it.
    If its ever confirmed that's why, it would prove Nintendo is all about the "kids". The company continues to steam-roll itself into more kid-like content and consoles.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    gta: kiddy theft auto

nintendo style

I mean come one really that wee advance GTA game was nothing more than odd and not worth it

Ultimate Veteran
    The game does have blood, from the footage I watched.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    It is tomato sauce really LOL... But is was just a weak GTA in all fairness
    Last edited by claud3; 08-24-2013 at 02:45.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by hoverbike View Post
    If its ever confirmed that's why, it would prove Nintendo is all about the "kids". The company continues to steam-roll itself into more kid-like content and consoles.
    Well after Wii's release I think they accepted that they need more mature games which is why they allowed the Godfather, Mortal Kombat etc. games to be released without cuts. If it was the 90s though they'd surely cut stuff or just not allow it to be released. And now they're funding Bayonetta 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    The game does have blood, from the footage I watched.
    Yeah that was just an example of what Nintendo couldve cut, something has definitely been cut somewhere because GTA1, London and 2 were all rated 18 but Advance was only a 16. Kinda like Fallout 1 and 2 were rated 16 instead of 18 in the UK because they removed children so you couldn't kill them. Instead of just giving it an 18 they were forced to cut them or not have the game released at all. Censorship is the worst thing ever.

Ultimate Veteran
    This is random but I remember playing GTA III when I was younger and I would roleplay as different pedestrians. When I think about it, there are a lot of places in Portland that have stuck with me. I once had a dream about Greasy Joe's diner in Callahan Point.

13. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Man i am the same, i dream and think about the crusher and what i could really do and how much money i actually could make from this thing and also, the

Red light district and how crazy it is and what really lays behind them club doors

Ultimate Veteran
    Lol. Whenever I took a vehicle like the Kuruma to the crusher in Harwood, I would pretend there was some innocent pedestrian I kidnapped (usually from Staunton Island) in the trunk. In Sleeping Dogs, you could actually do that, minus the car crushing.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    In GTA3 it is possible to actually do that and take someone to the crusher, it is a wee glitch

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't remember hearing about that one. I just think it's neat that some of the stuff I've imagined doing was eventually programmed into other games.

18. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I don't remember hearing about that one. I just think it's neat that some of the stuff I've imagined doing was eventually programmed into other games.
    sure is friend... I believe i have done the glitch a few times, it is all to do with timing and just doing it just right..

But from what i have learned, is that it is a low level no one care's type glitch and that is why it is not well known
    Last edited by claud3; 08-29-2013 at 21:36.

Ultimate Veteran
    Actually, the only glitch I remember is the one where you walk inside the frontmost subway door, exit at one of the stops and end up walking on the roof of the underground interior. But that one is pretty popular. I'm surprised Rockstar didn't catch it before release.

21. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    The best glitch ever and it is in GTA III, is this no cops alley glitch

were the alley next to Ammunation, is more or less unable to attract cops to arrest you for anything

the only way the cops can catch you, is by seeing you doing a crime of any kind

simply just stand in any area of the alley and never go onto the street. While in the alley just kill all round you and as long as cops do not see you

you can kill unlimited amount of people and mafia without a wanted level

just make sure no cops are driving pass

and you can kill as much as you like

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Am I the only one who thinks that Rockstar made a huge mistake by ending the gta 3 era story with gta 3? I mean the series were really awesome so why end it and begin a new universe which came out to be a disappointment in the story section of the game. Niko Bellic story was ok but nowhere near the previous games. The DLCs story were awful and boring. Its so sad knowing that we wont see nor hear from Tommy Vercetti, CJ and Claud anymore. So much more could have been told about them.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Rockstar made a huge mistake by ending the gta 3 era story with gta 3? I mean the series were really awesome so why end it and begin a new universe which came out to be a disappointment in the story section of the game. Niko Bellic story was ok but nowhere near the previous games. The DLCs story were awful and boring. Its so sad knowing that we wont see nor hear from Tommy Vercetti, CJ and Claud anymore. So much more could have been told about them.

They went backwards with the series and started with GTA III and then GTA: LIBERTY CITY STORIES and then GTA: SAN ANDRES and then GTA: VICE CITY and finished of with GTA: VICE CITY STORIES

They all tie in with each other

So they never stopped the GTA 3 era, they just continued at the end and finished at the start

They began a new universe, because the other one was finished and they could not really explore other areas unless they wanted to explore and tell every characters story

Like Ken Rosenberges or Phil cassidy or Donald Love in away that resulted in their very one games..

This would have dried the series up really quickly. Since it would be GTA type stories all over the place and i am glad they moved on

Since that way, the GTA III ERA universe could finish on a massive high and without regrets
    Last edited by claud3; 09-12-2013 at 14:25.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    They went backwards with the series and started with GTA III and then GTA: LIBERTY CITY STORIES and then GTA: SAN ANDRES and then GTA: VICE CITY and finished of with GTA: VICE CITY STORIES

They all tie in with each other

So they never stopped the GTA 3 era, they just continued at the end and finished at the start

They began a new universe, because the other one was finished and they could not really explore other areas unless they wanted to explore and tell every characters story

Like Ken Rosenberges or Phil cassidy or Donald Love in away that resulted in their very one games..

This would have dried the series up really quickly. Since it would be GTA type stories all over the place and i am glad they moved on

Since that way, the GTA III ERA universe could finish on a massive high and without regrets
    Finishing the series with that GTA III ending was very lame, it is also the one which is the most technically advanced compared to the other series released which makes it even more odd.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Finishing the series with that GTA III ending was very lame, it is also the one which is the most technically advanced compared to the other series released which makes it even more odd.
    It is not odd, it is and was a logical approach they made. If they would have started with V.C.S, then it would have made even less sense and we would be having the same conversation

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    It is not odd, it is and was a logical approach they made. If they would have started with V.C.S, then it would have made even less sense and we would be having the same conversation
    Yeah if they would have started the other way around we would know less and it wouldnt be logical to us due to now knowing all the characters involved however they could have planned it better and made gta 3 more appropriate and create a more related ending. Its like they made gta 3 and based all the other games on it just to relate and fit into this one game.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    How do you figure that out... They had all these games laid out and most likely have a mind set on how that would proceed with them...

Thread Information