Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1727
Results 651 to 665 of 665
  1. #651
    Super Moderator
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,479
    Rep Power
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yeah VCS was amazing for PSP, I assume you're playing that version? The PS2 one probably has a better FPS but you probably won't wanna start over now lol
    Yeah, the PSP version. I'd like to think it'd make a really impressive PS1 game even though technically it's PS2-level graphics up close with San Andreas-like shaders and lighting.

    I'm doing Reni's missions but mostly just free-roaming (seeing how many red balloons I can find without a guide). Not attacking any businesses since I like the Vice Point/Beach area the most and make enough to bribe and buy the better weapons. No gangs have been attacking my businesses either.

    Well, I did take over all 30 businesses now.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 07-27-2014 at 03:57.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

    [OT] Dragon Quest Heroes
    Dragon Quest General Discussion Thread

  2. #652
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,500
    Rep Power
    121
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    PSP is pretty much a PS1.8 so yeah it's closer to PS2 which was pretty impressive. Vita would be like a PS2.6 but we'll never know what R* couldve gotten out of it.

    I've pretty much only been able to find 100/100 packages on GTA3 without a guide, never done it for any other one. I'm trying to find the spray tags in Los Santos and that alone is giving me a hard time since you need to check walls and whatnot rather than something glowing like 3/VC.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  3. #653
    Super Moderator
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,479
    Rep Power
    199
    How many spray tags did you find? So far, I managed to get 66 out of 99 red balloons, without a guide.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

    [OT] Dragon Quest Heroes
    Dragon Quest General Discussion Thread

  4. #654
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,500
    Rep Power
    121
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    70ish I think, haven't actually played it since my other post lol, need to get back to it.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  5. #655
    Super Moderator
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,479
    Rep Power
    199
    For the record, this is my top 5 best GTA games ranking:

    1. Grand Theft Auto III (2001)
    2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (2002)
    3. Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
    4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (2006)
    5. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004)

    Finally burst all 99 red balloons.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 6 Days Ago at 22:02. Reason: Merging.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

    [OT] Dragon Quest Heroes
    Dragon Quest General Discussion Thread

  6. #656
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    PSN ID
    X_AlleyKat_X
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    I have the original GTA 1 and GTA 2. I was wondering if anyone know if they were worth any money? And if they are, where could I go to sell them? The GTA 1 that I have is actually the collectors edition as well. All answers appreciated!
    Last edited by alleyoopcat14; 10-01-2014 at 11:18.

  7. #657
    Super Moderator
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,479
    Rep Power
    199
    Just wanted to share this tribute video to San Andreas. I thought it was pretty neat.



    Quote Originally Posted by alleyoopcat14 View Post
    I have the original GTA 1 and GTA 2. I was wondering if anyone know if they were worth any money? And if they are, where could I go to sell them? The GTA 1 that I have is actually the collectors edition as well. All answers appreciated!
    $30, maybe, if it's brand-new quality? Probably not a lot if they're available digitally.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 6 Days Ago at 22:03.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

    [OT] Dragon Quest Heroes
    Dragon Quest General Discussion Thread

  8. #658
    Veteran
    hoverbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Posts
    4,790
    Rep Power
    83
    Thoughts on GTA III (PS2):

    - Chaos factor is very high like all the other games (no wonder why it was rated so insanely high...the game isn't very fun for me because of what we have now but this mayhem is still kickass!)
    - Head Radio is my favorite thing about this game thus far...70% of songs are awesome and new...where did they come from?
    - Soon when the gangs run amuck all over the city it will become impossible and stupid...IE not fun at all
    - You should be able to get out of a car or any vehicle while its burning and moving at the same time
    - Something really stupid happened when I tried to get out of a vehicle, I then must have pressed triangle again and then Claude would not stop trying to enter a police car and then the police busted which pissed me off hugely!! WTH?? I tried all the buttons frantically and nothing was working!! Complete joke.

    I posted in the "What game are you currently playing thread" my first thoughts on this gaming icon.

  9. #659
    Super Moderator
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,479
    Rep Power
    199
    Yeah, the one thing I miss from newer games when going back to Grand Theft Auto III is being able to jump out of your vehicle while driving. But it's still my favorite because of its city, atmosphere and music.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 5 Days Ago at 03:43.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

    [OT] Dragon Quest Heroes
    Dragon Quest General Discussion Thread

  10. #660
    Veteran
    hoverbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Posts
    4,790
    Rep Power
    83
    I got to Bomb Da Base Act II in GTA III and that mission is so tough and annoying I think I'm going to tap out there...I'm not having any fun playing this. I can't stand failing needlessly every time and then driving back to 8-Ball every time (for no reason I might add) and then having no close shot at beating it. No matter how fast or accurate your sniping is its the same thing, mission failed. I read some Faqs on that mission and nothing looks practical at all. A speedrun video (on PC) showed precision that isn't possible on PS2 or speed for that matter. Either way I give up as the previous missions were not that fun anyways, the side missions I tried them all and they are even worse...good for pulling out hair. Looks like starting with Vice City was exactly the right call, I can't believe the jump from III to VC! Yes, I'm giving up on a GTA game like 1 and maybe 2 and going straight for the cheat codes to finish it? Then explore more with ARMAX.

  11. #661
    Dedicated Member
    Arimax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,074
    Rep Power
    66
    For a minute thought this was a thread about GTA V, but honestly GTA V still can't stand with the three on PS2 because after the wow factor wears off it's better than GTA IV, but still missing a lot, and honestly I hate the animations they've gotten to the point that the game is no longer fun because when I'm in a chase with cops etc or even just an animal attacking me I can't move because he's got to go through 1500 animations just to get up lol(over-exaggerating this one), but GTA V is a nice game, but more a 8/10 or 8.5/10 not really a 9/10.

  12. #662
    Veteran
    hoverbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Posts
    4,790
    Rep Power
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    For a minute thought this was a thread about GTA V, but honestly GTA V still can't stand with the three on PS2 because after the wow factor wears off it's better than GTA IV, but still missing a lot, and honestly I hate the animations they've gotten to the point that the game is no longer fun because when I'm in a chase with cops etc or even just an animal attacking me I can't move because he's got to go through 1500 animations just to get up lol(over-exaggerating this one), but GTA V is a nice game, but more a 8/10 or 8.5/10 not really a 9/10.
    V is missing a lot of what I wanted and focused heavily on realism, then fun after which is the wrong order. I haven't beaten or done everything in V yet but based on most of the game its tied to GTA VC for the 5th best game in general. I still say if your just starting with the PS2 for the first time GTA VC is the best first game for that console, nothing else for me enters that question and if you were to only have one game, that's the one. Some think III or SA would better suit that, I understand (not III though, lol) but something about VC is just too glorious to be tied with those.

    The animations are clunky/slow responsive/annoying in GTA V, that's one of the first things I noticed and it comes back to that thing about realism over fun. Some PS3/Xbox 360 games started that trend but I can only suspect that because I've only played a few games. The PS2 era games were free from that nonsense but in GTA III Claude's reaction times and flow is...not great. I found that out yesterday more then ever.

    GTA V and VC are 10/10.
    Last edited by hoverbike; 1 Day Ago at 23:01.

  13. #663
    The Dawkness!
    Naxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,871
    Rep Power
    108
    I loved the ps2 era of GTA's, but I absolutely love the animation system in place for the new generation. They make it that much more fun to me, I like the weight everything carries. The Euphoria system makes everything look better - fist fights, gunplay, running people over. I would love if more games implemented it.

    My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

  14. #664
    Super Moderator
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,479
    Rep Power
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by hoverbike View Post
    I got to Bomb Da Base Act II in GTA III and that mission is so tough and annoying I think I'm going to tap out there...I'm not having any fun playing this. I can't stand failing needlessly every time and then driving back to 8-Ball every time (for no reason I might add) and then having no close shot at beating it. No matter how fast or accurate your sniping is its the same thing, mission failed. I read some Faqs on that mission and nothing looks practical at all. A speedrun video (on PC) showed precision that isn't possible on PS2 or speed for that matter. Either way I give up as the previous missions were not that fun anyways, the side missions I tried them all and they are even worse...good for pulling out hair. Looks like starting with Vice City was exactly the right call, I can't believe the jump from III to VC! Yes, I'm giving up on a GTA game like 1 and maybe 2 and going straight for the cheat codes to finish it? Then explore more with ARMAX.
    Man, I'm sorry to hear that you weren't enjoying GTA III. Those sniping missions just require patience, to not feel rushed, and you'll find that your aiming improves. I think you would have completed it after a while.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    For a minute thought this was a thread about GTA V, but honestly GTA V still can't stand with the three on PS2 because after the wow factor wears off it's better than GTA IV, but still missing a lot, and honestly I hate the animations they've gotten to the point that the game is no longer fun because when I'm in a chase with cops etc or even just an animal attacking me I can't move because he's got to go through 1500 animations just to get up lol(over-exaggerating this one), but GTA V is a nice game, but more a 8/10 or 8.5/10 not really a 9/10.
    I do feel like the wow factor disappeared quicker with GTA IV and V. Still, GTA V is my third favorite GTA game, behind my second favorite, Vice City, and overall favorite, GTA III. Rockstar North have yet to rework Vice City into the HD universe so I'd be interested to see how they do it and if it ends up better than the PS2 game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    I loved the ps2 era of GTA's, but I absolutely love the animation system in place for the new generation. They make it that much more fun to me, I like the weight everything carries. The Euphoria system makes everything look better - fist fights, gunplay, running people over. I would love if more games implemented it.
    It's a pretty impressive animation system for an open world game. In the older games, when you would run someone over with your vehicle, they would quickly snap into their lying dead on the ground pose whereas in newer games you have various different animations depending on which angle and speed you hit them.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 22 Hours Ago at 03:40.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

    [OT] Dragon Quest Heroes
    Dragon Quest General Discussion Thread

  15. #665
    Veteran
    hoverbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Posts
    4,790
    Rep Power
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal King Slime View Post
    Man, I'm sorry to hear that you weren't enjoying GTA III. Those sniping missions just require patience, to not feel rushed, and you'll find that your aiming improves. I think you would have completed it after a while.
    I decided to try it one last time before I used cheats or whatever and I beat the mission almost effortlessly . The difference was I was on top of that building roof and moved all the way closest to the front edge to get more of a view of each enemy. I don't know why I didn't go all the way over previously...maybe I thought I was too close or something but it became extremely easy instead of impossible. The video didn't show that...

    I'll continue as usual but I've heard how the missions progress and some were stating they gave up near the middle or middle-late game for some reason.

    The funniest thing in the game so far is definitely this radio advertisement line, "Mom...Jim Jim (the pet monkey) bit me", "Well then just bite him back honey!" I absolutely lost it when I heard that, that is an instant favorite GTA line. The voice acting of the kid, and the situation framed is incredibly funny. Every time I think of it I crack up now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal King Slime View Post
    It's a pretty impressive animation system for an open world game. In the older games, when you would run someone over with your vehicle, they would quickly snap into their lying dead on the ground pose whereas in newer games you have various different animations depending on which angle and speed you hit them.
    In the older ones I laugh whenever my vehicle or someone else that's moving at a fast speed hits a ped and instead of the quick snap they shoot straight up very fast and out of camera view . Its one of those PS2 era quirks I just love.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.