Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    GTA SA, my favourite GTA game and videogame of all time. I miss it so much after reading that gameinformer article on GTA5. Come on, Rockstar/Sony, launch SA on PSN classics already!!!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    GTA SA, my favourite GTA game and videogame of all time. I miss it so much after reading that gameinformer article on GTA5. Come on, Rockstar/Sony, launch SA on PSN classics already!!!
    I agree, definitely my favourite with VC a close second. I played every single GTA game in order of release at each time of their release too, so its not as if I just jumped into the series with that entry, it's genuinely my favourite because it had so much content.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

3. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Same here man.

SA was ESRB rated (or somehting) recently wasn't it? Hopefully it's out soon! Releasing it before GTA5 hits would be great

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I think only III and VC were rated. Hope all 3 make it onto there though but I'd imagine it'll be a nightmare with all the music SA has to rerelease it, even VC is taking its time probably down to the music again.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I think only III and VC were rated. Hope all 3 make it onto there though but I'd imagine it'll be a nightmare with all the music SA has to rerelease it, even VC is taking its time probably down to the music again.
    Maybe you're thinking of the 10-year anniversary editions.

GTA III was already re-released on the PlayStation Network. Vice City and San Andreas were rated by the ESRB a couple weeks ago.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Maybe you're thinking of the 10-year anniversary editions.
    No but I think that's why VC is taking its time, they want to release it nearer to the 10th anniversary edition.

GTA III was already re-released on the PlayStation Network. Vice City and San Andreas were rated by the ESRB a couple weeks ago.
    Oh I mustve missed it then, I read months ago (around May?) only III and VC were rated and eventually we got a date for GTA3 which was July 31st but was pushed back because of 'O mio babbino caro' on Double Cleff (it's only in the black label PS2 version), however they managed to get it in on the PSN version too.

EDIT: Was in a bit of a rush before, but here is the thread I was talking about (III and VC):
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...-PlayStation-3
    Last edited by AaronSOLDIER; 11-13-2012 at 00:19.

Ultimate Veteran
    The only GTA title that I don't own the black label version of anymore is Vice City. But I had it replaced when I picked up the GTA Double Pack.

Not sure if there were any other differences, apart from the song.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-13-2012 at 01:24.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    That was the only difference (and apparently the mission Uzi Money had a dash in it) that I know of. That song was only in the PS2 Black Label version, all other versions didn't have it but I never listened to Double Cleff anyway.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    The only GTA title that I don't own the black label version of anymore is Vice City. But I had it replaced when I picked up the GTA Double Pack.

Not sure if there were any other differences, apart from the song.
    What are the black label versions? Whats the main differences between them and the normal ones?

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    What are the black laber versions? Whats the main differences between them and the normal ones?
    It's just another way of saying you own the original copy.

When the games are first released, they're the black label versions. 'Greatest Hits' are known as the red label versions.

For example, a difference between the black label version of GTA: San Andreas and its red label version is that you can't exploit the Hot Coffee mod in the latter version since it was removed to avoid the AO-rating.

Aaron mentioned a couple things they changed with GTA III but they might not have changed anything with GTA: Vice City.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-14-2012 at 08:22.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yeah the black label versions are the initial releases so basically they contain anything that might slip through the rating boards.

I read up on VC and apparently the only thing that was cut was a few lines of dialogue from the Cubans and Haitians, here's the Wiki article:

In November 2003, Cuban and Haitian groups in Florida targeted the title. They accused the game of inviting people to harm immigrants from those two nations.[27] The groups' claims of racism and incitement to genocide attracted a good deal of public attention towards Vice City. Rockstar Games issued a press release stating that they understood the concern of Cubans and Haitians, but also believed those groups were blowing the issue out of proportion. Under further pressure, including threats from New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg to "do everything we possibly can" if Rockstar did not comply, Take-Two (the game's publisher) did agree to remove several lines of dialogue.[28] This seems to have largely satisfied the groups who raised the complaints, although the case was then referred to a state court, downgraded from the initial decision to refer the case to a federal court.[29]In 2004, a new version of the game was released, removing and changing those lines of dialogue.
    So basically any versions that were released after 2003 have censored dialogue but it's not a big deal really.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Ah ok, thanks for the explanation guys!

Ultimate Veteran
    Now I know why GTA: Vice City mysteriously vanished from Steam recently. I'm surprised that this kind of thing would happen with a 10-year old game.

Rockstar Games confirmed today it had to pull Grand Theft Auto: Vice City from digital PC stores due to a licensing issue with one of the songs found in the game.

"Due to some music licensing issues, we’ve had to temporarily remove Vice City PC from digital stores. We’ll make it available again as soon as possible," the company said in a statement. Reports of the game's disappearance began surfacing in late October.

A report from Cinemablend suggests the track in question is 'Wanna be Startin' Something' from Michael Jackson on Vice City's Fever 105 radio station, though Rockstar has not confirmed this. If you already purchased the game through Steam you can still download it.

Rockstar representatives said this issue should not affect the release of the iOS version later this fall.

Earlier this year, the PlayStation Network version of Grand Theft Auto III was delayed over two months due to licensing issues.
    via Game Informer.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-16-2012 at 06:02.

Master Guru
    Sweet thread. I still got all my GTA games with the original black label on PS2.

I think Vice City is my all around favorite but man some memories were had with GTA III and SA.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Well since R* got the license again for GTA3s song they'll probably do the same with VC, easier than removing the track I suppose, plus it's a big song so yeah they'll get it back in there.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Any news concerning the mobile anniversary version of Vice City?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Any news concerning the mobile anniversary version of Vice City?
    Here is some info for you mate... All i could find

GTA: Vice City Coming to Mobile Devices this Fall

The game turns 10 and Rockstar is celebrating the occasion.

By
    Erik Norris
    October 26, 2012

Rockstar will be bringing Grand Theft Auto: Vice City to iOS and Android devices this fall to celebrate the game’s 10th anniversary (seriously, already?). While Rockstar is staying relatively mum on finite details, we do know the mobile version of Vice City will be the full console experience from 2002 with higher resolution and enhanced controls built around a touch interface, much like GTA III was handled we assume.
    "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City gave players the freedom of a massive open-world in one of the most iconic and vibrant settings ever realized in a game," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "It was a defining moment in the series and we're delighted to be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year with a stunning, updated version for phones and tablets."
    Additionally, Rockstar will be releasing a series of commemorative assets (both new and old apparently), including never-before-seen artwork and a new anniversary trailer that highlights some of the more iconic scenes and music from the critically acclaimed game. Furthermore, there will be a limited run of special promotional items made available through the
    Rockstar Games Warehouse later this fall.
    So, who’s picking up arguably the best Grand Theft Auto when it hits mobile devices? I know for a fact I won’t be able to pass up living as a drug kingpin in the ‘80s while on the go.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/198727-gta-vice-city-coming-to-mobile-devices-this-fall
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

19. Likes Cybertox likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Here is a cool live action gta iv video

Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    GTA 2 had its own live-action promo. Much shorter as the intro.

This sparked the 'Claude Speed from GTA 2 is the same Claude from GTA III' debate which I thought was silly considering both games are set in two different eras.

22. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yep it also shows Claude eventually dies. There's been speculation on the gta forums just what does happen to Claude after GTA3? A lot seem to think the Mafia catches up with him.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Claude in GTA 3 does not die. Because in GTA iv it states on a wall in niko's apartment downstairs by the door

It says

" R.I.P CLAUDE "

That is not an automatic assumption that he is dead, it could mean that he would never be present in any GTA games of the current generation. Because he would not fit current settings of this generation
    Last edited by claud3; 11-17-2012 at 22:22.

Ultimate Veteran
    I think the graffiti in GTA IV was just Rockstar's way of saying they wouldn't go back to the GTA III era. But he does die eventually. If you ask me, either Toni Cipriani or Joey Leone catch up to Claude and kill him.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 11-18-2012 at 20:00.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yeah probably, Toni would probably become Godfather after Salvatore rather than Joey since Toni is pretty much his right hand man.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    It makes sense, but it's rockstar

It could mean anything

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I wont consider that claud died until some decent and representive information will be shown or given.

Thread Information