Latest PSU headlines:

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Came across this wee interview with a rockstar top dog

Rockstar Wants to Put All Grand Theft Auto Cities in One Game Player could “fly between them and revisit their favorite areas.” December 13, 2012

by Andrew Goldfarb

Rockstar would eventually like to create one Grand Theft Auto game with all previous cities from the series. In an interview with Digital Trends,Rockstar North head Leslie Benzies said he envisions players being able to travel back and forth to revisit places they explored in past games.

“Of course at some point we would like to have one big world containing all our cities and let the player fly between them and revisit their favorite areas,” Benzies said. “In that context re-imagining Vice City would be very interesting.”

On the subject of Vice City returning as a future setting, Benzies said “it is always a possibility. There are a few references to the city in our current-gen GTAs so it is part of that HD universe, and it is certainly somewhere we would love to revisit. However Vice City, perhaps more than any other GTA game, was as much about the era as the setting. Miami in the 1980’s is so iconic it would feel strange to revisit the city in a different time period.”
    http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/12...es-in-one-game

This would be possible with current gen consoles, but it would be a next gen and would they do it though
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Actually i would like the next GTA to only concentrate on Vice City.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well he did say that it might be vice city in gta 6

But how, since he stated it would not fit modern times...
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Well he did say that it might be vice city in gta 6

But how, since he stated it would not fit modern times...
    Maybe a folow up of Tommy Vercettis Story?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    like his son or lawyer lol

as we have stated a many a times in this thread... No past men like tommy will make a come back at any point....

But hint at his past could be great easter egg to him... Say they go back to vice city

the current main character you play as, could be reminded of a guy that build an empire for it to be bigger than him and he lost friends and made enemies along the way....

That could be a easter egg for tommy's empire

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Yeah but the question is, would they use PS2 era cities or current gen era cities? I'd much prefer the former. Also yeah I'd like to see it in VC again after V being in SA if they can only go with one city. But I do expect all 3 to be in one for GTA VI, VC is too small compared to what we've had since so they'd need to have additional cities as well.

Also it should be a system where you can get in a jet and fly straight there yourself, not go to the airport and buy tickets etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    it's GTA not air america lol

They will use the old cities i think or the modern ones

the main problem is story and the who you play as and how he fits into three cities. Also how would you expand the story over three cities and keep it from thinning out over the course of the game

Ultimate Veteran
    They could always add surrounding marshes and whatnot to Vice City so it wouldn't be too small. And I do like the idea of having all three locations on a single map but they have stated before that they're done with the GTA III era.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    So it has to be modern day gta cities.... But with GTA V being so big, how would you fill it with exciting stuff to do

I mean all the cities in one

PSN ID
    Arashi1700
    GTA Vice City was awesome!, Rockstar really nailed the 80`s scene in my opinion

11. Likes AaronSOLDIER , Cybertox likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    that's true and so hard to replicate again...

we need to move beyond the old one's and focus on the facts here... The modern ones will be used for this all in one city madness

But they could blend the old era with up dated cities, so we could go to each one

Ultimate Veteran
    I did think, while playing GTA III when I was younger, what was going on in Vice City or San Andreas during that time. Or even if Claude could just travel to Upstate, what would it look like? I've always liked how Liberty City was connected to another landmass. It made the world feel larger.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    that's true and so hard to replicate again...

we need to move beyond the old one's and focus on the facts here... The modern ones will be used for this all in one city madness

But they could blend the old era with up dated cities, so we could go to each one
    Its a lot easier to replicate the old Vice City instead of doing a completely new one. I think the old and current Vice City is gorgeous and if add more details into it and with better next gen graphics it will probably be the most awesome location in GTA.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I did think, while playing GTA III when I was younger, what was going on in Vice City or San Andreas during that time. Or even if Claude could just travel to Upstate, what would it look like? I've always liked how Liberty City was connected to another landmass. It made the world feel larger.
    agreed mate.... We need them kind of thinking to make sense of the GTA universe

i to always wondered what was going on... I while playing vice city, thought whats going on in liberty city and the same with san andreas..

i guess with claude in san andreas... Who was trying to claim the their empire in liberty city and playing san andreas... Who was fighting tommy for his empire in vice city

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Its a lot easier to replicate the old Vice City instead of doing a completely new one. I think the old and current Vice City is gorgeous and if add more details into it and with better next gen graphics it will probably be the most awesome location in GTA.
    true... But they can do so much and yet the game could suffer from taking away it's appeal and missing the vibe of what made it so epic

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    agreed mate.... We need them kind of thinking to make sense of the GTA universe

i to always wondered what was going on... I while playing vice city, thought whats going on in liberty city and the same with san andreas..

i guess with claude in san andreas... Who was trying to claim the their empire in liberty city and playing san andreas... Who was fighting tommy for his empire in vice city
    So you think that the main protagonists fight each other empires? LOL

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    lol

saying that while claude was in san andreas in 1992, who was in liberty city claiming empires of the triads, cartel, mafia and yardies

and when i was playing san andreas, who was trying to bring down tommy's empire in vice city in 1992

and while playing vice city who was taking over in liberty city and were was claude at this time and what was he doing

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Wasn't LC before GTA3 mainly controlled by the Mafia and Yakuza? LCS is as far back as it goes really with the Leones, Sindaccos and Forellis.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    So is anyone else spending their holiday season playing San Andreas all over again? I know I am! This is by far, the best videogame EVER MADE TO ME!!! This is my Ocarina of Time.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    San Andreas on PSN is the uncut Black Label version lol, enjoy Hot Coffee guys. :P
    Seriously? That's awesome!!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Wasn't LC before GTA3 mainly controlled by the Mafia and Yakuza? LCS is as far back as it goes really with the Leones, Sindaccos and Forellis.

Nope mate, L.C is GTA 3 and L.C.S is before GTA 3

To understand this. TONI CIPPRANIE I think that's how its spelt, any way Toni was the mafia guy you did jobs for in GTA 3 as Claude

In L.C.S aka Liberty City Stories, you play as Toni on his raise in the mafia world, you play in liberty City back in 1998. Exactly 3 years before you play as Claude

Claude left San Andreas back in 1992 with catlina after you win the races against him and her... They work in Carson city for awhile building up for the bank job that goes tits up in 2001's liberty City

He escapes jail time, when the cartel break out one of their own and blow up The C.bridge.
    Last edited by claud3; 12-16-2012 at 02:32.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    So is anyone else spending their holiday season playing San Andreas all over again? I know I am! This is by far, the best videogame EVER MADE TO ME!!! This is my Ocarina of Time.

Seriously? That's awesome!!

Funny enough I am on PC though I don't know if I'd go towards best Video game ever made, but it's in Top 10 maybe even Top 5, but right now so many games I've recently played are just really good.

Maybe if I play through it again I'll remember why it made Top 5 in the first place though.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well I am playing GTA 3, I love it so much

Each GTA game has an amazing place in my memories and that will never change... But GTA 3 will always be my game

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    @Claud3, on what are you playing it?

I must say that i didnt like san andreas at all, the missions were stupid and boring like for example the pimped cars battles where you had to jump on them, i mean wtf? The world was big but lacked a lot of details, you could find some empty useless places. There were no cool sports cars and looked like some cheap japanese tuners. The tuning of the cars was very limited. The graphics were extremely blurry and looked kinda strange, also the anti aliasing was so awful...

I would rate the GTA games as follow:

1.) GTA Vice City
    2.) GTA 4 + Addons
    3.) GTA 3
    4.) GTA Chinatown
    5.) GTA SA

Cant rate the stories series as I havent fully completed them and GtA 1 and 2 didnt really have any related story and the gameplay was kinda strange.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    So is anyone else spending their holiday season playing San Andreas all over again? I know I am!
    Hell yeah lol

2004 allover again.

Nope mate, L.C is GTA 3 and L.C.S is before GTA 3
    Typo my bad. I know I've played every single one.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Never worry mate, I think the stories fill in a lot and misses so much

And I am playing GTA 3 on my 360

San Andreas did have insanely stupid things, but so does all the GTA games and flaws

I love all the GTA games.... to rate them I would put it like this

1. GTA 3 10/10

2. GTA VICE CITY 10/10

3. GTA LIBERTY CITY STORIES 9/10

4.GTA VICE CITY STORIES 8/10

5. GTA SAN ANDREAS 10/10

6. GTA IV plus the DLC's which are like separate games in my mind 7/10

7. GTA CHINATOWN WARS......which has no interconnection to the GTA timeline 5/10
    Last edited by claud3; 12-16-2012 at 15:02.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    My order:

GTA:SA
    GTA:VC (very close second)
    GTA:VCS
    GTA:III
    GTA:IV
    GTA:LCS
    GTA:2
    GTA:CTW
    GTA:1
    GTA:London'69/'61

IV just felt like a step backwards after all the stuff they had in SA. I recently replayed GTA3 too off PSN (was searching for the last package for hours lol). It's awesome and revolutionised sandbox games but it feels too bare bones after VC/SA now.

Thread Information