Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 818 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    GTA SA and GTA VC are just tied for me.

GTA SA best open world and even story was great, but GTA VC had the same the only real difference between them GTA VC had a better atmosphere it felt very 1980's. With GTA SA just had more stuff to do and although it did feel 1990's I just give it to VC.

GTA 4 was only good for it's story it's way down there even behind GTA 3 that main character's storyline was just more interesting.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I agree. VC had the better characters and story and SA had the bigger map and tons more to do. I give it to SA though simply because we play GTA for the gameplay, SA kept me hooked much longer than any other.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Idid really like GTA Iv and its addons added some nice additional atmospheres and content. Dont understand why so many people didnt like it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Vice city yes had the excellent characters, stories, vehicles, weapons and everything..

But GTA 3 I know I go on about... But I feel it was the best

It just stuck to me
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Vice city yes had the excellent characters, stories, vehicles, weapons and everything..

But GTA 3 I know I go on about... But I feel it was the best

It just stuck to me
    Give at least some details why you like it so much.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Ok The story was crafted so that I felt for Claude when he was screwed over.

Claude is so simply well crafted and fits the tone of the city and the people around him Plus the characters he interacts with....the city was so dark and filled of a illegal illustration of what is possible in a city untouched by law and order

The people are so unbalanced and leveled with a sense of this city is going to $#@! so why should I care

They are un-ashamed by their actions and words, it's refreshing to hear a no limit to dignity....

The characters have a taste of distaste with the government that they have in their pocket... Also a disrespect for the common ongoings in certain parts of the city...
    Last edited by claud3; 12-16-2012 at 23:13.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Idid really like GTA Iv and its addons added some nice additional atmospheres and content. Dont understand why so many people didnt like it.
    I'll admit didn't play add-ons, but sometimes once you've played something if it was generally bland you won't care for the seconds(add-ons) no matter how good it is.

That's just what GTA IV was Niko was a bland character there was no memorable missions in fact game was criticized on that by most of my friends.

Looking back at GTA VC, III, and SA all had extreme over-the-top missions.

8. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    I thought GTA IV was a fun game to play when you were just messing around. The added cover system, damage modeling and improved graphics (although still sub-HD at 640p) were all nice additions.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    The graphics were great, the shooting and cover system was good...

But the real issue with GTA iv was lack of spending power, funny cheats and the fun was dry

Selected Members Council
    I guess I just got drawn into the more realistic elements of GTA IV. I always thought it was cool to walk around Liberty City and see everyone kind of doing their own thing (pedestrians purchasing hot dogs at Star Junction or a Burger Shot employee cleaning the windows of their restaurant).

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I loved that ti, I would just stand in any street and just watch them just say things, doing things and enjoy the fact how awsome that is

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    That was cool, but got boring for me fast. Now, playing San Andreas, I can see how much fun I'm having doing virtually everything with my character. I'm taking him to the gym, target practice and going into Los Santos airport to steal a bird and fly it around, then jump out and parachute onto a building's helipad. None of that fun was in GTA4, except for flying a helicopter and parachute jumping in the Lost Episodes expansion. They completely dropped the ball with GTA4. But, I will give Rockstar credit for capturing a very authentic NY look and vibe. That was awesome.

14. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    That was cool, but got boring for me fast. Now, playing San Andreas, I can see how much fun I'm having doing virtually everything with my character. I'm taking him to the gym, target practice and going into Los Santos airport to steal a bird and fly it around, then jump out and parachute onto a building's helipad. None of that fun was in GTA4, except for flying a helicopter and parachute jumping in the Lost Episodes expansion. They completely dropped the ball with GTA4. But, I will give Rockstar credit for capturing a very authentic NY look and vibe. That was awesome.

That is one thing I will give to Rockstar on GTA4, but Niko had to be the worse out of most of the main character's he was cool, but I don't know guess I couldn't really relate to him.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Agree Niko was dry, he just did not fit in a sense he did not fit the world around him

But he was cool.... With the limit spending ability, that made things worse... In San andreas the amount of stuff you could spend your money on was cool

The amount of clothes and weapons was cool and properties as well.... Also car modifications

They need to bring back spending power again, on the scale like San andreas again

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I thought Niko was a very good character actually. I have really enjoyed his story.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    The story was great... But they needed to make him more dynamic and I do not know

How to recreate a character like NIKO, without thinking that rockstar just give up at certain points of making him

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/12/...rated-for-ps3/

Rockstar’s Bully(And Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories) RatedForPS3 Back to school. Published 18/12/2012 12

Bully was a great entry in the sandbox style that Rockstar have perfectedoflate –based on events in a school rather than the usual gangster environment that the Grand Theft Auto titles prefer – although Bully is currently unavailable on PlayStation 3 (and actually on sale on the 360 today).

However, a recent ESRB rating has finally locked the game down forSony’sconsole, citing “Crude Humor, Language, Sexual Themes, Use of Alcohol and Tobacco, Violence” and awarding it a Teen rating – that’s not unexpected, but the rating is welcome.

Chances are it’s the PS2 version (as is currently the norm with Rockstar) rather than a port of the Xbox 360 version, but seeing as any version is better than no version at all, this can only be good news.

Other Rockstar titles recently awarded a ratinginclude GrandTheft Auto:Vice CityStories,the Midnight Club series and Red Dead Revolver. Make of that what you will…
    Last edited by claud3; 12-18-2012 at 16:27.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    If that is going to be a GTA VC Stories HD version I will definitely buy it for my PS3!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    So bully and V.C.S

Loved bully was excellent and V.C.S awsome to... This is great news

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    So bully and V.C.S

Loved bully was excellent and V.C.S awsome to... This is great news
    VC Stories got to be an HD remake as you cant just upload a psp game for the ps3, can you imagine how bad it would look?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    @Claud3, on what are you playing it?

I must say that i didnt like san andreas at all, the missions were stupid and boring like for example the pimped cars battles where you had to jump on them, i mean wtf? The world was big but lacked a lot of details, you could find some empty useless places. There were no cool sports cars and looked like some cheap japanese tuners. The tuning of the cars was very limited. The graphics were extremely blurry and looked kinda strange, also the anti aliasing was so awful...

I would rate the GTA games as follow:

1.) GTA Vice City
    2.) GTA 4 + Addons
    3.) GTA 3
    4.) GTA Chinatown
    5.) GTA SA

Cant rate the stories series as I havent fully completed them and GtA 1 and 2 didnt really have any related story and the gameplay was kinda strange.
    you put chinatown wars.. a cartoon ds game over SA ask anybody and they will tell you San andreas is the better GTA overall, and GTA 3 is better then vice city you must like all those square ugly ass 80s cars, the 80s is by far the worst generation.

GTA SA
    GTA 3
    GTA 4
    GTA VC

( PSP- SSX On Tour) (PS3- Modern Warfare 3)

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyday View Post
    you put chinatown wars.. a cartoon ds game over SA ask anybody and they will tell you San andreas is the better GTA overall, and GTA 3 is better then vice city you must like all those square ugly ass 80s cars, the 80s is by far the worst generation.

GTA SA
    GTA 3
    GTA 4
    GTA VC
    I must say that I really enjoyed the story of chinatown and it wasnt as bad as you are saying and no gta 3 isnt better than vice city, just not better. If you are here to hate then just gtfo cause nobody cares about you.

lol cause i made fun of your Vice city... i rank it the lowest out of the GTA Franchise, yes it is better Liberty City Beats Vice city anyday. The Characters and missions are better.

( PSP- SSX On Tour) (PS3- Modern Warfare 3)

Selected Members Council
    Look, you guys, I don't mind people sharing their opinions on why they think one game is better than the other but please do so in a respectable manner.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Recently I made a lot of thoughts about the sexy girl which always appears on vice City covers, however she never appeared in the actual game.

Thread Information