Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I love how there is this particular someone who constantly down votes threads about the FF universe. You sir are a pathetic individual!

5 stars from me.

2. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    According to the video, Lightning Returns is the absolute last game in the saga that started with FF XIII, so it doesn't look that way.

Also, how do you know this is going to be a hack 'n slash? The OP says the gameplay system will have elements trademark to the series and such and doesn't mention anything that suggests hack 'n slash.
    Didn't they mean Lighting's Saga of FFXIII? This is going to be about Lighting but we can also look at it your way. Indeed that the game will have trademark elements from the previous titles but in that video he also mentioned self control of Lighting meaning you'll be able to move her around which ever way and a block system. There was only one rpg that reminded me of that and that was Kingdom Hearts.

Months ago, they opened up a FFXIII-3 domain. I'm not sure if this is the exact domain of the newly unveiled game. If it is, then it is the last of FFXIII as you said. This Fabula Nova Crystallis franchise is a 10 year deal; there's still room for another FFXIII.

for more reference read THORZILLA's post lol.
    Last edited by robvandam111; 09-01-2012 at 19:46.

Veteran
    Yeah my bad, those things do sound more action-oriented. Though at first I thought you meant total hack n' slash as if it was a new genre (like Dirge of Cerberus or something).

And yeah, IGN seems to be implying Lightning's saga, so to speak. Noel is in that saga, so I figured we wouldn't be going back to any of their characters so directly as to have a game for them. I could be wrong, though.

Anyhow, this game sounds like it's trying to bridge FNC towards whatever Versus XIII is going to be about both in gameplay and setting/narrative/theme.
    Last edited by Bio; 09-01-2012 at 20:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I love how there is this particular someone who constantly down votes threads about the FF universe. You sir are a pathetic individual!

5 stars from me.
    I hate it too, so many trolls and they just get away bashing this game over and over again. I spent some time putting this thread together for me and the other fans and I REALLY didn't appreciate the first comment being a troll. I even reported one of them, its just too much.

If they don't like the game they should stay out of this thread because its not for them, make their own thread if they want and I won't visit it.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I hate it too, so many trolls and they just get away bashing this game over and over again. I spent some time putting this thread together for me and the other fans and I REALLY didn't appreciate the first comment being a troll. I even reported one of them, its just too much.

If they don't like the game they should stay out of this thread because its not for them, make their own thread if they want and I won't visit it.
    Indeed man. Besides, I don't know what these trolls keep talking about. Stuff like lost magic in the saga and whatnot. You know what? It's been a while, a BIG while since I've enjoyed a game as much as I enjoyed FFXIII-2. My 80 hours in + DLC time flew by unnoticed.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Ultimate Veteran

Hey, Dave-The-Rave. I appreciate you putting this thread together. As I mentioned before, I'm interested in hearing more about this game.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

8. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Hey, Dave-The-Rave. I appreciate you putting this thread together. As I mentioned before, I'm interested in hearing more about this game.
    Thanks, yeah I'll be sure to keep it up to date as much as can. If anyone else finds any good information post it and I'll update the first post.

I don't know what it seems to be about Final Fantasy it just attracts more haters than any other franchise. I know I'll probably always be a fan. I don't attack them when they try something new. Unlike some other companies SquareEnix actually listens to a lot of their feedback..hence XIII-2.
    Trophy-licious!

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Square Enix really knows how to make me hyped for a game... I for one REALLY disliked FF13. I was SUPER hyped for FF13 in 2006, they promised FF7:AC like battles, a strong main character and much more! The trailer for FF13 was stunning, and everybody jumped on the hype wagon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRhd66aheNM

But when the game finally got released (almost) everybody felt ripped off, as we got a game that looked/played NOTHING like what was promised in 2006. Even if you enjoyed the game I'd say you can already guess why I disliked it, it felt way to repetitive from the story/battle/just everything and I felt that when you got new skills/moves it didn't make your character any more powerful... + lots of other things I disliked about the title. Anyways!

I actually have hope for this game, even the title brings me hope. Lightnings Return (to the 2006 trailer) also no "-3" in the title as its a story very very loosely tied to FF13 and 13-2 (she awakens in a new world XXX years later from her 'Sleep')

They're using Lightning as the main character as they're RETURNING back to what got FF fans hyped up for FF13 in 2006, so they're using the same idea's they had in 2006 (a battle system like FF7:AC) so they wanted to keep Lightning to give us the game they wanted to give us back then. They make it so the story is only barely tied to FF13 so we don't actually have to care for the previous games. We're just going to finally get the game we should off gotten. Lightning is the only playable character in this title to allow the battle system they went out to achieve but greatly failed at creating in 13 and 13-2.

I see why people are hating on this game as I was one of them (Which they have GOOD reasons to hate on a "FF13-3 title"), but then they released the juicy details on the title and now I'm just hyped once again like I was back in 2006.. Come on SE, I know you can RETURN this game to how it should of been!
    Last edited by XSpike; 09-01-2012 at 22:06.
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

11. Likes DarkVincent07, Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by XSpike View Post
    Square Enix really knows how to make me hyped for a game... I for one REALLY disliked FF13. I was SUPER hyped for FF13 in 2006, they promised FF7:AC like battles, a strong main character and much more! The trailer for FF13 was stunning, and everybody jumped on the hype wagon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRhd66aheNM

But when the game finally got released (almost) everybody felt ripped off, as we got a game that looked/played NOTHING like what was promised in 2006. Even if you enjoyed the game I'd say you can already guess why I disliked it, it felt way to repetitive from the story/battle/just everything and I felt that when you got new skills/moves it didn't make your character any more powerful... + lots of other things I disliked about the title. Anyways!

I actually have hope for this game, even the title brings me hope. Lightnings Return (to the 2006 trailer) also no "-3" in the title as its a story very very loosely tied to FF13 and 13-2 (she awakens in a new world XXX years later from her 'Sleep')

They're using Lightning as the main character as they're RETURNING back to what got FF fans hyped up for FF13 in 2006, so they're using the same idea's they had in 2006 (a battle system like FF7:AC) so they wanted to keep Lightning to give us the game they wanted to give us back then. They make it so the story is only barely tied to FF13 so we don't actually have to care for the previous games. We're just going to finally get the game we should off gotten. Lightning is the only playable character in this title to allow the battle system they went out to achieve but greatly failed at creating in 13 and 13-2.

I see why people are hating on this game as I was one of them (Which they have GOOD reasons to hate on a "FF13-3 title"), but then they released the juicy details on the title and now I'm just hyped once again like I was back in 2006.. Come on SE, I know you can RETURN this game to how it should of been!
    See, I can get behind a well written post like this one. Not the blind rage and trolling of some of the others.

this game is going to be interesting for sure. It seems some of the press got to see some of it in action but can't talk about it (similar to MGS: Ground Zeros) hopefully we get some footage soon.
    Trophy-licious!

13. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I really wanted to play more as Noel and see some more of handsome, older Hope .

Oh well, I can't wait to see how this saga ends.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Ultimate Veteran
    Broken image in the OP. Try replacing it with this:

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Broken image in the OP. Try replacing it with this:

Sure its broken? Still shows fine for me..I'll switch them anyway.
    Trophy-licious!

Master Poster
    $#@!.This.$#@!.

Give me VSXIII SE
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

18. Likes Two4DaMoney , AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    A more 'direct' approach to combat?? more action-rpg possibly?? Lots of customisation sounds awesome and the art is beautiful.

This was totally expected with FFXIII-2's ending, but I'm glad that yet again its a completely different style of game to its predecessor/s.

Hopefully after this SE can get back to it with the numbered titles though.

20. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    A more 'direct' approach to combat?? more action-rpg possibly?? Lots of customisation sounds awesome and the art is beautiful.

This was totally expected with FFXIII-2's ending, but I'm glad that yet again its a completely different style of game to its predecessor/s.

Hopefully after this SE can get back to it with the numbered titles though.
    Though I really wasn't expecting it to be set so far in the future with Lightning as the main character. Was expecting it to start soon after XIII-2's ending with Noel, Hope and the others trying to save the world again and Lightning.

I'm pretty confident this is the last chapter..from what they've been saying anyway. It is definitely going to be the end of Lightning's story and she might even die by the sound of things.
    Trophy-licious!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Though I really wasn't expecting it to be set so far in the future with Lightning as the main character. Was expecting it to start soon after XIII-2's ending with Noel, Hope and the others trying to save the world again and Lightning.

I'm pretty confident this is the last chapter..from what they've been saying anyway. It is definitely going to be the end of Lightning's story and she might even die by the sound of things.
    Yeah well
    ncreased levels of player freedom, customization and connectivity with the real world, will ensure that this concluding chapter will be an exhilarating finale to Lightning’s story
    I don't really see much point in FFXIII universe continuing without Lightning, although she wasn't the main character in 2 she was central to the game. So I think its safe to say this will be the last

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    I reckon they'll get this out the door, finish off VERSUS then shift all their attention to Final Fantasy XV on next gen consoles.
    Trophy-licious!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryAim View Post
    $#@!.This.$#@!.

Give me VSXIII SE
    How hard is it to stay on-topic? This is an official discussion thread for Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Talk about Versus XIII in another thread.

25. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    The art work and concepts have me intrigued.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

i'm not sure how i feel about this...for me xiii sucked, but it seems that squareenix listened to the criticisms and addressed a majority of them in xiii-2 which i enjoyed...now it seems that they have heard a few people lament about the lack of lightning in xiii-2 and have created a game solely around her.

The premise seems a bit odd to me, but i'm hoping the gameplay will be solid, im a bit dissapointed about the lack of a controllable party but as all we've seen is some artwork im keeping an open mind!

who am i kidding, i will be buying this regardless as I love me some final fantasy, i just want squareenix to put the whole xiii series to rest and get on with XV; Hiroyuki Ito's rumored return is bound to be amazing (i hope)!

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Distinct difference between trolling and making a perfectly valid statement. Cannot help fans not being able to take anything that isn't praise about said series. Hence why my post has not been deleted. Deal with it.
    They might do a triple pack one day in a fancy box, I'd buy that for collection purposes but the ltd editions can sod off, 50 for something that is half that after it 'flops' a month later.
    I do appreciate the effort you made with the thread Dave but you have always had an attitude with people who don't agree with your love for this series and that's not my problem.
    I liked XIII enough to Plat it so I'm not a FF 'troll', it's still my most loved series, I just don't have the love for it I once did.
    Last edited by Noxia; 09-02-2012 at 13:19.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Distinct difference between trolling and making a perfectly valid statement. Cannot help fans not being able to take anything that isn't praise about said series. Hence why my post has not been deleted. Deal with it.
    They might do a triple pack one day in a fancy box, I'd buy that for collection purposes but the ltd editions can sod off, 50 for something that is half that after it 'flops' a month later.
    I do appreciate the effort you made with the thread Dave but you have always had an attitude with people who don't agree with your love for this series and that's not my problem.
    I liked XIII enough to Plat it so I'm not a FF 'troll', it's still my most loved series, I just don't have the love for it I once did.
    I think you'll find your 2nd post was a complete troll and it WAS deleted.
    Trophy-licious!

Forum Sage
    Yes and for that I apologise, it added nothing and I don't really no why I posted it. Don't mean to be pedantic but..

First comment was a troll comment.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Ok well maybe not the first, but practically the first. Was just generalizing.

Anyway, can we please get back on topic?
    Trophy-licious!

Forum Sage
    I'd love to but I don't have any info. Plus I'm still yet to finish XIII-2 so I have no idea what's going on story wise.

Thread Information