Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    What has Square Enix really done for their other Final Fantasy fans this generation? and people still wonder why the majority of people are still upset?. The president of Square Enix recently came out and said(During the Versus 13 cancellation rumors), that he was in a meeting about Versus 13 and that the game looks great. Why aren't we seeing that?, why such secrecy and delay for a game that we actually care about?.
    You're exactly right. Why such secrecy? Maybe because the game is not close at all to completion. Another thing, SE does not see FF fans as FFXIII fans and other FF fans. They do not see them as two separate entities. We all know that this is all part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis collection. Which means to be pissed about yet another XIII game is to not even understand their strategy this generation.

This generation SE has put out what I thought was the worst FF game and and an abomination in XIV. What are they doing now? They completely redid XIV in an effort to salvage that game and they are producing both Lighting Returns and Versus, two games part of the collection. To dislike the whole collection is completely fine.

For starters, Versus has its own team working on it, and if they were ready to show something, don't you think they would? It has been SIX years. I mean we haven't heard from Versus in such a long time! To be mad about that is perfectly justified. However, to bash Lightning Returns and piss all over it because Versus is yet another no show in anger? Childish.

SE deserves the blame where the blame is due. They announce another XIII game and without really any details about the game so many people blast it and WANT it to fail! Yet once again, childish.

Versus will release, but I doubt it will be any time soon. SE actually does take pride in their products. I cannot see this title becoming vaporware.

2. Likes Wrath , AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    It's not a discussion, it's blind hatred. Notice the difference?

Some of you are so oblivious that you wish SE to fail in business entirely. How's that going to help Versus in any way? Do these people even think before they post? Is that how they 'care' about the situation?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for discussing what SE might have done better or should do in the future. But the way people throw out their arguments here just makes it impossible because it's senseless hating.

It really feels like some of the FF hardcore fans think they own the franchise and SE is trying to steal it away from them. Wake up, guys. It's SE's property and they can do whatever the bloody hell they want with it.
    You didn't understand an iota of what I'm saying. It's people's expressions, their feelings towards the decisions SquareEnix is making that's causing them to partake such emotions. I don't believe that many really want SquareEnix to go down under, or that their projects should fail or whatnot(Maybe), but it's their frustration that they're expressing and nothing more. It's kind of the same as saying "I'm going to kick his ass" or "I want to burn that place" over something pitiful - These are normal human emotions that describe one's frustrated moment. Are they going to do it?, they would have to be extremely insane to make it a reality but ultimately they won't. It's the same with these guys, they'll spit out hate; wish them ill; threaten, everything they can throw at them but in the end none of it will matter and SquareEnix will just continue to do what they're doing. It's just their expression of the news given to them. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud
    You're exactly right. Why such secrecy? Maybe because the game is not close at all to completion. Another thing, SE does not see FF fans as FFXIII fans and other FF fans. They do not see them as two separate entities. We all know that this is all part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis collection. Which means to be pissed about yet another XIII game is to not even understand their strategy this generation.

This generation SE has put out what I thought was the worst FF game and and an abomination in XIV. What are they doing now? They completely redid XIV in an effort to salvage that game and they are producing both Lighting Returns and Versus, two games part of the collection. To dislike the whole collection is completely fine.

For starters, Versus has its own team working on it, and if they were ready to show something, don't you think they would? It has been SIX years. I mean we haven't heard from Versus in such a long time! To be mad about that is perfectly justified. However, to bash Lightning Returns and piss all over it because Versus is yet another no show in anger? Childish.

SE deserves the blame where the blame is due. They announce another XIII game and without really any details about the game so many people blast it and WANT it to fail! Yet once again, childish.

Versus will release, but I doubt it will be any time soon. SE actually does take pride in their products. I cannot see this title becoming vaporware.
    Late last year(or early this year?), Versus XIII went into full production because their team was busy helping with the development of XIII, hence the long development cycle the game is having(Must be the main reason for people's assertion). Why aren't we seeing Versus XIII?. Most likely because they don't want it to steal the thunder from Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. If you're working on a new game and you reveal it to the world only for a month later you reveal the most anticipated title, guess which game will generate the most attention?: Versus XIII.

Who knows what their games will lead to, maybe Lightning Returns will lead to the beginning of Versus XIII so they have to finish their three games and finally end it with Versus?.

On another note: Don't even go there in calling people's expressions as Childish, there's no equilibrium we have to follow. It's just the way people like to express themselves.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    You didn't understand an iota of what I'm saying. It's people's expressions, their feelings towards the decisions SquareEnix is making that's causing them to partake such emotions. I don't believe that many really want SquareEnix to go down under, or that their projects should fail or whatnot(Maybe), but it's their frustration that they're expressing and nothing more. It's kind of the same as saying "I'm going to kick his ass" or "I want to burn that place" over something pitiful - These are normal human emotions that describe one's frustrated moment. Are they going to do it?, they would have to be extremely insane to make it a reality but ultimately they won't. It's the same with these guys, they'll spit out hate; wish them ill; threaten, everything they can throw at them but in the end none of it will matter and SquareEnix will just continue to do what they're doing. It's just their expression of the news given to them. That's it.
    You can argue all you want that what I'm saying has nothing to do with your statements but at the end of the day they are still valid.

Yes, I do understand that this is a way of people expressing their emotions. HOWEVER, as Sir_Scud already pointed out, this wave of hatred seems to be going on forever, drowning any chance of intelligent discussion.

And yes, sometimes people feel the need to vent, rant, etc. (myself included) but that should not transform into a permanent state or else nothing good will ever come out of it.

All we're saying is that everyone has gotten the point by now. It's time to move on and see how SE (hopefully) brings back its FF franchise to full glory. Continuously hating on everything they do is nothing but annoying to anyone trying to start a serious discussion.

Master Guru
    You can argue all you want that what I'm saying has nothing to do with your statements but at the end of the day they are still valid.

Yes, I do understand that this is a way of people expressing their emotions. HOWEVER, as Sir_Scud already pointed out, this wave of hatred seems to be going on forever, drowning any chance of intelligent discussion.
    You can bet that they will continue unless they release something worth investing our time in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath
    And yes, sometimes people feel the need to vent, rant, etc. (myself included) but that should not transform into a permanent state or else nothing good will ever come out of it.
    I'll reiterate what I said: they're just expressing themselves and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath
    All we're saying is that everyone has gotten the point by now. It's time to move on and see how SE (hopefully) brings back its FF franchise to full glory. Continuously hating on everything they do is nothing but annoying to anyone trying to start a serious discussion.
    Except that in this thread, you didn't start a serious discussion, you attacked their frustration over this matter. Again, unless we get good news from SquareEnix, this type of reactions will continue.

Master Guru
    Except that in this thread, you didn't start a serious discussion, you attacked their frustration over this matter. Again, unless we get good news from Square Enix, this type of reactions will continue.
    I attacked their frustration over this matter, yes. And didn't we just find out that this is a way of people expressing their emotions?

See, it works both ways.

Master Guru
    I attacked their frustration over this matter, yes. And didn't we just find out that this is a way of people expressing their emotions?

See, that's how it works.
    But you weren't starting a serious discussion now were you?.

8. Likes Facelord likes this post

PSN ID
    Facelaud
    Oh my god, if they really did make YET ANOTHER FF13 game I'm gonna go ahead and stop throwing my dollar vote their way until they do something spectacular to make up for it AND apologize publicly. I grew up on Squaresoft and SE games, for the past five years they've been pretty awful though. I stick with them through a bunch of crap and they continue outputting crap. "Lightning Returns" looks horrible and it stars the Final Fantasy character I hate the most, and you seriously think they're gonna do another one? Screw SE, screw FF13. I waited years for Versus 13, the only game in the "13 series" that didn't look like total butt, and they're completely neglecting it for yet another bad FF13 game. Fffffffffffffffffffff.

Edit: Ugh, I need to learn to click "reply with quote" instead of just reply. This was in response to someone saying that they're gonna make another FF13 game with Noel trying to save Serah or whatever, not totally sure I remembered their names right and I don't care. A repeat of FFX-2 isn't needed, especially in the vastly superior FF13 skin.
    Edit2: Vastly INFERIOR FF13 skin. Man, I need to wake up faster in the mornings, it's already almost 5 PM.
    Last edited by Facelord; 09-04-2012 at 22:50. Reason: Forgot quote. :/

10. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Master Guru
    But you weren't starting a serious discussion now were you?.
    Of course I wasn't.

This thread was doomed from the moment the OP clicked on the submit button so there was no point in wasting time. But instead of letting "fans" go all crazy again with their typical preaches I thought I'd at least give them something to chew on this time around.

PSN ID
    Facelaud
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    It's shocking how some of you are acting. It's perfectly fine to be pissed about SE once again dangling the carrot over the fans and delivering nothing new about Versus. For me it's hard to be interested in a game when the development cycle is even suspect. But to condemn the entire XIII series, or to hope the next one fails is just sad.

SE already stated before in this generation they were doing things differently with FF. All FF games have fans, but I guess if you like the less popular numbers you aren't a real fan. I was pissed about FFXIII, but I got over it. I won't be buying Lightning Returns much like I didn't buy XIII-2.

I guess what I'm saying is the bashing of SE has gotten old. Gets old seeing the same people pissing over every single thing SE does.
    As a lifelong Nintendo fan, I hope the 3DS and Wii U fail so the message gets across that it's not okay to produce awful hardware and cover it up with a gimmick to try to make up for it. Same with Square Enix, I want them to learn that it's not okay to pull crap like this anymore and failure seems like the only path to this outcome, plus I don't want to see Lightning's ugly face anymore. If she's in Playstation All-Stars, I'll be a very unhappy camper.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Who knows what their games will lead to, maybe Lightning Returns will lead to the beginning of Versus XIII so they have to finish their three games and finally end it with Versus?.

On another note: Don't even go there in calling people's expressions as Childish, there's no equilibrium we have to follow. It's just the way people like to express themselves.
    It's hard to say what exactly SE is doing or thinking, but I really would not be surprised if Versus ends the series and Lighting Returns releases before it.

As for the childish remark, if people are allowed to state their opinions on something, am I not the same? There is no equlibrium, but after 15 "$#@! you SE!" posts, am I not allowed to express myself?

After all, this is a forum where discussions take place. My opinion might be a little coarse, but I'm expressing myself. And to clarify, none of my posts are directed at anyone. Just behavior in general.

This is basically the heart of my message. We all vent and rant. I've done my fair share on SE threads, but the overall negativity and bashing just keeps going and going. Glancing over the XIII threads not about Versus, you can't have decent discussion without someone and their "FU SE" post. If we are to allow people to express themselves, shouldn't we also let the people who actually like XIII, XIII-2, or interested in Lighting Returns have a place to discuss the games in peace without constant battering of the series? I'll keep that there since this thread isn't about that.

Fon, you are 100% correct that this will continue until they release something worthwhile. Until some actual reveal of Versus info, be it a valid release date or whatever. I'm very interested in seeing what they have in store for it, and I trust that Versus has the ability to be a good solid FF game.

As I stated before, it is frustrating to continuously see Versus get pushed back, but I'm just one of those "I'll play it when it releases" type. I think after being severely disappointed with both GTAIV and XIII this generation I learned not to let hype get to me.

14. Likes Wrath , darksora likes this post
    Master Guru
    Of course I wasn't.

This thread was doomed from the moment the OP clicked on the submit button so there was no point in wasting time. But instead of letting "fans" go all crazy again with their typical preaches I thought I'd at least give them something to chew on this time around.
    In the end, you ended up doing what you criticized.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scur
    It's hard to say what exactly SE is doing or thinking, but I really would not be surprised if Versus ends the series and Lighting Returns releases before it.
    They're all part of the same universe(Or share the same mythos) so if they create a good connection between the two then that would be awesome.

As for the childish remark, if people are allowed to state their opinions on something, am I not the same? There is no equlibrium, but after 15 "$#@! you SE!" posts, am I not allowed to express myself?
    You can challenge them, question them, but what you did is calling their comments "Childish" as a form to degrade them. I'm not telling you what to do, just pointing out that we should try to understand where they're coming from. It can be annoying to some hearing the same messages heard whenever SquareEnix makes a dis favorable announcement but unless they finally give us a piece that will make the rest of us happy, this will continue.

This is basically the heart of my message. We all vent and rant. I've done my fair share on SE threads, but the overall negativity and bashing just keeps going and going. Glancing over the XIII threads not about Versus, you can't have decent discussion without someone and their "FU SE" post. If we are to allow people to express themselves, shouldn't we also let the people who actually like XIII, XIII-2, or interested in Lighting Returns have a place to discuss the games in peace without constant battering of the series? I'll keep that there since this thread isn't about that.
    There is a thread like that in this very forum and it was created by, Dave-The-Rave(Last I checked, he's doing a fine job moderating that thread). You can discuss everything, Final Fantasy XIII, XII-2 and Lightning Returns.

Fon, you are 100% correct that this will continue until they release something worthwhile. Until some actual reveal of Versus info, be it a valid release date or whatever. I'm very interested in seeing what they have in store for it, and I trust that Versus has the ability to be a good solid FF game.

As I stated before, it is frustrating to continuously see Versus get pushed back, but I'm just one of those "I'll play it when it releases" type. I think after being severely disappointed with both GTAIV and XIII this generation I learned not to let hype get to me.
    I've been very vocal about everything SquareEnix has done this generation. From my disappointment with Final Fantasy XIII to the disastrous results of 14 and the lack of news regarding Type-0's localization, they really have fallen short. Then you have Kingdom Hearts going to multiple platforms such as the PSP and 3DS with no Kingdom Hearts 3 in sight. This is why I sympathize with those who show such frustrated comments, because they're still waiting for something great from SquareEnix and I bet you that they'll continue to wait for as long as they are gamers because in the end, all of us still care.

16. Likes Facelord likes this post

PSN ID
    Facelaud
    I've been very vocal about everything SquareEnix has done this generation. From my disappointment with Final Fantasy XIII to the disastrous results of 14 and the lack of news regarding Type-0's localization, they really have fallen short. Then you have Kingdom Hearts going to multiple platforms such as the PSP and 3DS with no Kingdom Hearts 3 in sight. This is why I sympathize with those who show such frustrated comments, because they're still waiting for something great from SquareEnix and I bet you that they'll continue to wait for as long as they are gamers because in the end, all of us still care.
    Well I'm trying to get myself to stop caring so I don't feel disappointed anymore. I'm already trying that with Nintendo, it's working pretty well. I'm sure I'll always hope for them to return to being a decent company that treats its fans well, but I still try to block out those pangs of disappointment because they've really hit their limits on how much they can disappoint me. They'd have to do some truly horrible things to make me feel bad about them again, Square Enix is going into that same category with their actions.

Master Guru
    I don't care if Versus XIII gets pushed to the PS4. As long as it's still coming.

The game looked awesome from the first day it was shown.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Quote Originally Posted by Facelord View Post
    As a lifelong Nintendo fan, I hope the 3DS and Wii U fail so the message gets across that it's not okay to produce awful hardware and cover it up with a gimmick to try to make up for it. Same with Square Enix, I want them to learn that it's not okay to pull crap like this anymore and failure seems like the only path to this outcome, plus I don't want to see Lightning's ugly face anymore. If she's in Playstation All-Stars, I'll be a very unhappy camper.
    Perfectly Understandable. Can't say I agree, but the explanation is appreciated. I'll definitely be one to complain if the FF character they pick is Lightning and shes the only one to make it.

They're all part of the same universe(Or share the same mythos) so if they create a good connection between the two then that would be awesome.
    Yeah, I think that would be pretty cool. Personally I wish I was more invested in XIII. Just to see how the story has unfolded through all the games and how the whole series from the entire collection may connect.

You can challenge them, question them, but what you did is calling their comments "Childish" as a form to degrade them. I'm not telling you what to do, just pointing out that we should try to understand where they're coming from. It can be annoying to some hearing the same messages heard whenever SquareEnix makes a dis favorable announcement but unless they finally give us a piece that will make the rest of us happy, this will continue.
    I don't really want to get bogged down on this detail, but I didn't really degrade any certain members but saying those 2 certain examples were childish. I do get what you're saying and will try not to come off that way in the future. That really wasn't the intention. I guess after seeing every Versus thread or a lot XIII threads dip into this negativity I went from seeing their frustration to more of "Ok, I get it. Move on." attitude.

There is a thread like that in this very forum and it was created by, Dave-The-Rave(Last I checked, he's doing a fine job moderating that thread). You can discuss everything, Final Fantasy XIII, XII-2 and Lightning Returns.
    Yeah it definitely is a good thread for that stuff. However, there was a stir in a few early posts and one post was removed for bashing. For the majority it's exactly that, a place to discuss the game.

We all still care. We are all fans of Final Fantasy. We all have different tastes in which games we like. I just wish fans got along more. FF fans seem to be more passionate than most game series, and I really do hope Versus kicks ass. Personally, I think SE can't afford it to disappoint or get cancelled.

I think I have made my point I wanted to get across in the few posts here. I don't want to sound like a broken record so I'll let it at that.

20. Likes Fon likes this post
    Master Guru
    Yeah it definitely is a good thread for that stuff. However, there was a stir in a few early posts and one post was removed for bashing. For the majority it's exactly that, a place to discuss the game.
    It was minor but everything seems to be in place.

We all still care. We are all fans of Final Fantasy. We all have different tastes in which games we like. I just wish fans got along more. FF fans seem to be more passionate than most game series, and I really do hope Versus kicks ass. Personally, I think SE can't afford it to disappoint or get cancelled.
    Final Fantasy has always been a majestic series for me when growing up. Since 1997, I've enjoyed their games, their music, their story and characters. It became more then just going from point A to point B. Words cannot express the magic found in those games and the impact it's made. That's probably how many feel and why we're so passionate about Final Fantasy, for better or for worse.

I think I have made my point I wanted to get across in the few posts here. I don't want to sound like a broken record so I'll let it at that.
    Personally, I enjoyed reading your material.

22. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post

Thread Information