Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping dogs

Forum Elder
    Items DiceGoogle ChromeNaughty DogBattlefield 3PlayStationPS3 Slim

Sleeping dogs

ive been wondering about this game can i get a review on it from som1 the finished it i been on youtube and read on it but im not getting what i want???

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I haven't played it yet, but I plan to.

PSU did a really good review on it http://www.psu.com/a016534/Sleeping-Dogs-Review

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Its a good game, its fun and has a very interesting story, lots of quality.

The city feels good and the combat is on par with batman ( but i like the fighting style in SD more ,so i prefer it over batman) but its less about moving around the area and more about counter-attacks.

The gameplay is good also.

BUT, the story is quite short, shorter than usual tbh and the side quests are repetitive, quite a lot actually.

I have only spent 26 hours on it but completed all the main and side missions, done all ( or nearly all) the races and have found most of the collectables. It just gets old quick and will not last that long sadly( well it did not for me)

The DLC, although is a long list) is most likely going to just be costumes and cars, other DLCs might just ad like 1 or 2 missions, basically the wrong type of DLC is planned for the game.

A good ride, but will not last long, but you may have a different experience. There is a demo, should give it a go if not done already.

4. Likes PhillyPhreak, DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Its a good game, its fun and has a very interesting story, lots of quality.

The city feels good and the combat is on par with batman ( but i like the fighting style in SD more ,so i prefer it over batman) but its less about moving around the area and more about counter-attacks.

The gameplay is good also.

BUT, the story is quite short, shorter than usual tbh and the side quests are repetitive, quite a lot actually.

I have only spent 26 hours on it but completed all the main and side missions, done all ( or nearly all) the races and have found most of the collectables. It just gets old quick and will not last that long sadly( well it did not for me)

The DLC, although is a long list) is most likely going to just be costumes and cars, other DLCs might just ad like 1 or 2 missions, basically the wrong type of DLC is planned for the game.

A good ride, but will not last long, but you may have a different experience. There is a demo, should give it a go if not done already.
    i did try it but thats what im afraid of il proly grab it when it coms down n price then, but thanks

i still gota get uncharted 3 wth is my problem

Superior Member
    I was very impressed by the game. Repetitive at times, yes, but what game really isn't? It all depends on whether or not you have fun with it. The game never bored me. The story is great, really brutal.

The combat is the strongest point IMO. I love it. The game has become one of my favorites of all time, and definitely my favorite of this year. I was not disappointed with my purchase whatsoever.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    Ive only played the demo so far and im considering buying it too as i really enjoyed the fighting and environmental executions in the demo, felt more satisfying than i presumed it would.

Im wondering about 2 things though. I noticed the chase scene/gameplay in the end of the demo, not the first one but the 2nd in that factory where after the chase the game introduces "hostage" gameplay, that youre able to run ahead of the guy youre chasing as his Ai seems very scripted and wait at the point where he would just stop because of exhaustion.
    Is this only a demo thing or are all chase scenes in the game scripted like this? i can understand the 1st market chase scene in the demo as its narrow paths and climbing over fences etc. but the 2nd was just plain dumb as i could take advantage of the AI.

2nd question: Ive noticed the graphics seem really outdated in the demo, its all blurry and low detailed, is it like this in the full game? it really lacks alot of detail considering its a sandbox game trying to immerse you into the city. Id rather pick it up the pc version instead if theres no vosual difference fro mthe demo

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Forum Elder
    i was also wounder if u get a squad car and listen to the cb to arrest ppl like in True Crime

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GalapagosaraY View Post
    Ive only played the demo so far and im considering buying it too as i really enjoyed the fighting and environmental executions in the demo, felt more satisfying than i presumed it would.

Im wondering about 2 things though. I noticed the chase scene/gameplay in the end of the demo, not the first one but the 2nd in that factory where after the chase the game introduces "hostage" gameplay, that youre able to run ahead of the guy youre chasing as his Ai seems very scripted and wait at the point where he would just stop because of exhaustion.
    Is this only a demo thing or are all chase scenes in the game scripted like this? i can understand the 1st market chase scene in the demo as its narrow paths and climbing over fences etc. but the 2nd was just plain dumb as i could take advantage of the AI.

2nd question: Ive noticed the graphics seem really outdated in the demo, its all blurry and low detailed, is it like this in the full game? it really lacks alot of detail considering its a sandbox game trying to immerse you into the city. Id rather pick it up the pc version instead if theres no vosual difference fro mthe demo
    In most parts were you chase someone, if you fall too far behind you will fail, you have to stay close to them.

2: Well, i play on the PC with everything on high and to me it looks like one of the best looking games this gen, especially at night when its raining ( with reflections). Looks very very good. Not too sure about the console, the demo could be the beta version.

Quote Originally Posted by NARCsnake View Post
    i was also wounder if u get a squad car and listen to the cb to arrest ppl like in True Crime

The closest you have to cop missions in free roam( outside of side-quests or the cop cases) is drug busts. There are quite a few of them around the map, it involves you to go to these marked places, get rid of the guards, hack the camera and then go to your safehouse and arrest the dealer through the camera.

Simple and all of them are the same, in other words very repetitive.

10. Likes GalapagosaraY likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    Lfc pretty much echoed my feelings on the game; it's a good game, but on the short side. I beat the game in a little over a week, including the side missions. I just completed all of the races yesterday so I'm trophy hunting now.

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    thanks for the help Lfc, think ill just pick up the PC version of it even though the controls on ps3 was quite nice

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GalapagosaraY View Post
    thanks for the help Lfc, think ill just pick up the PC version of it even though the controls on ps3 was quite nice
    If you able to, then you should try the 360 pad for the pc version, much easier and better for these types of game on the PC.

Or you can connect the PS3 controller to the PC, using a certain program ( i forgot the name) you can also use that if you want.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    If you able to, then you should try the 360 pad for the pc version, much easier and better for these types of game on the PC.

Or you can connect the PS3 controller to the PC, using a certain program ( i forgot the name) you can also use that if you want.
    Motion Joy

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Motioninjoy

EDIT: Beaten by a few second LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    In fact Aaron was the one who told me about it

PSN ID
    ConorHoney
    It's a great game 9/10 for me, reason why it's not the full 10 is because I wanted more missions but at least there is free-roam once you complete the storyline. With that added features of side-missions and collectables, I would highly recommend it if you love GTA's.

I have completed it twice it's that good
    Last edited by Honey.; 09-03-2012 at 22:40.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Fantastic game...rented this $#@! from blockbusters, 3 days ago...finished it in one sitting..i was that addicted to it. $#@!s all over gta for me...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Excellent game, 10/10 for me. Trying to platinum it, completed the game last night. Have to say it has a great story (kinda reminded me of a Chinese version of the film Donnie Brasco)

As already stated, can get a little repetitive and the main story is far too short but that still hasn't stopped me racking up over 20 hours so still a lot of game time. Highly recommended, 1 of my favourite games this year

Currently playing:
    Final Fantasy V (ps3)
    Sleeping Dogs (ps3)

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersfc View Post
    Excellent game, 10/10 for me. Trying to platinum it, completed the game last night. Have to say it has a great story (kinda reminded me of a Chinese version of the film Donnie Brasco)

As already stated, can get a little repetitive and the main story is far too short but that still hasn't stopped me racking up over 20 hours so still a lot of game time. Highly recommended, 1 of my favourite games this year

Currently playing:
    Final Fantasy V (ps3)
    Sleeping Dogs (ps3)
    Agreed. Just hit the 20 hour point myself

Afew more races and jobs for Roland and the plat should hopefully ping

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    Agreed. Just hit the 20 hour point myself

Afew more races and jobs for Roland and the plat should hopefully ping
    Well good luck with that mate i still have quite a bit more to do but in a few days hopefully I'll be hearing that platinum ping

Currently playing:
    Final Fantasy V (ps3)
    Sleeping Dogs (ps3)

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I really liked the demo, was thinking it felt just like True Crime then I found out it basically is. Think I will buy it soon. Ages since I got a new game

Apprentice

Use the search function pal

Elite Member
    Great Game, Must Buy to any fans who luv free-roaming games iv only played 2 days of it an its really awesome!

the game has really cool side missions the Drugs Bust is great with the cctv hacking, police missions are awesome, not been throu alot of them yet though but will do an the Story so far is like watching a movie im enjoying it very much. an tones of collectables to find around the city.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I finished the story last week and I have to hand it to these guys, they did a really great job!. I'm planning on beating all the side missions and police busts next. I can't recommend this game enough(To those who like sandbox games).

Apprentice

I'm going to check this out soon. Looks rad.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah I completed the game and all the side missions and really enjoyed it. I hope they make a sequel. I know the developers have said they would like to.

Thread Information