Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Sleeping dogs

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah I completed the game and all the side missions and really enjoyed it. I hope they make a sequel. I know the developers have said they would like to.
    The game only sold 172000 units since they released the numbers in the end of August. Pretty sad as everyone likes to cry about how we don't get new IPs and when a great new IP launches no one buys it.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    The game only sold 172000 units since they released the numbers in the end of August. Pretty sad as everyone likes to cry about how we don't get new IPs and when a great new IP launches no one buys it.
    I assume thats NPD numbers? Still pretty sad sales numbers though. And yeah youre right. People dont buy these games and then they cry about it when publishers want to play it safe and keep cranking out the same guaranteed to sell IPs over and over.

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Didn't do well in the market. Called it. Sorry to be harsh but I speaketh de rationalz.

Soldier 95B
    Picked the game up at Best Buy for $39.99. Good game for sure.

Elite Member
    I got a Question! can you help? im thinking about replaying 1 mission for a trophy but the question im asking is if i replay the mission will i lose all the missions played or im previously on or will it go back to where i was after i replayed the mission?

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    If for example you want to play mission 7 and currently on 14. Load mission 7 through the social hub and then when complete it will load you back up to mission 14. Loading a previous mission does not keep you locked there.

I had to replay quite afew missions when I completed it as I didn't have enough triad xp.

Veteran
    Items Rolling StonesGTA IVDeadmau5NirvanaSackboyThe BeatlesJoker (limited ICON)Call of Duty: Black OPSGran Turismo 5GTA NikoNaughty DogModern Warfare 3
    ive had fun playing through this
    one last event to find, replay a few mission for some extra triad xp(halfway up level 9) and 3 more gold stat awards and i should have platinum

been everywhere to find last random event but cant find it

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    If for example you want to play mission 7 and currently on 14. Load mission 7 through the social hub and then when complete it will load you back up to mission 14. Loading a previous mission does not keep you locked there.

I had to replay quite afew missions when I completed it as I didn't have enough triad xp.
    cheers for that.

Superior Member
    Really want to play this game! Think the missus will get me it for Xmas as I have enough games to keep me going till then!

Playing: Battlefield 3
    Waiting For: GTA V, Battlefield 4

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by scottscorpion View Post
    ive had fun playing through this
    one last event to find, replay a few mission for some extra triad xp(halfway up level 9) and 3 more gold stat awards and i should have platinum

been everywhere to find last random event but cant find it
    You maybe already but if not, where the clothes for additional 15% triad XP, Definitely helps when you're closing in on the last bit of XP needed for level 10.

I had to use a youtube vid for my last random event that I couldn't find.
    They can occur at certain times on the day which made it a bit more difficult to find and wanted it out the way

Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    cheers for that.
    No problem

Elite Member
    Well iv just completed Sleeping Dogs, was a great game & story i must admit i want more please (Sleeping Dogs 2), im just gonna finish up the cam hacks, drug busts, races, favours an stealing cars to lockup an buy all the clothes an cars then i should be all done but ill need to replay mission's to get my triad level 10 trophy an gun nut trophy i really hope to get my platinum trophy along the lines to, but im having trouble getting the silver & Gold stats thingy for trophys.

PSN ID
    Breezer_Ops
    Is this more funniest than Saint rows?

Wherever you are ~ S3 White

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    yea I am currently playing Sleeping dogs and this game is fantastic. I love the fighting mechanics and the shooting is pretty solid on it. there is a decent amount of stuff to do and I absolutely love the pit fights in this game. I am quite shocked this game sold as little as it did, this should have sold a heck of a lot more.

I think the main turn off is that nothing is written in english really so most of the signs and stuff you wont understand at all. still is a solid game imo and hopefully they make a 2nd one because this game ****ing rocks.

PSN ID
    Breezer_Ops
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    yea I am currently playing Sleeping dogs and this game is fantastic. I love the fighting mechanics and the shooting is pretty solid on it. there is a decent amount of stuff to do and I absolutely love the pit fights in this game. I am quite shocked this game sold as little as it did, this should have sold a heck of a lot more.

I think the main turn off is that nothing is written in english really so most of the signs and stuff you wont understand at all. still is a solid game imo and hopefully they make a 2nd one because this game ****ing rocks.
    Really? I will buy it but I don't really convinced.. His price (in Italy, on the hut) is 35.

Wherever you are ~ S3 White

Elite Member
    Can some1 tell why my waredrobe aint working i go to it an i cant press triangle nothing is showing!!! i bought all the clothes for fasion statement trophy now all the stores have disappeared from the map except the market ones now i cant change what so ever. any idea anyone else had this problem?

Super Elite

I finished this game a couple of weeks ago. Unlike the others here, I didn't care for the side quests. IMO they are mostly a waste of time. Car races, camera hacks, helping random buddies on the street, doing odd jobs, etc. All that stuff is okay at first but I quickly became bored with all the side quests. It's irrelevant to the story and is just there to give you things to do in the sandbox. I can appreciate that for folks that like that kind of stuff but I found it to be tedious after doing each a couple of times. I skipped them all.

IMO you can easily skip ALL the side missions and not miss out on anything as long as you do the girlfriend missions and the police cases. Those are the side missions that are actually story driven and fun/interesting. Other than that, just pound through the main story missions and trade the game in while it's still valuable. That's what I did. I enjoyed the main missions. Some of those cut scenes get brutal...
    Last edited by Typical guy; 11-01-2012 at 01:27.

Thread Information