Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

PS3 Remote Play has arrived!

We’ve got some great news on Remote Play. For those who don’t know, Remote Play allows you via a Wi-Fi connection to interact remotely with your PS3, using your PS Vita, and play a selection of compatible games. Today we can announce two fantastic PS3 collections are now available to play remotely on your PS Vita.

First up, God of War Collection, which features the two classic titles God of War and God of War II remastered in HD. And for the video game connoisseurs out there, the amazing ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus Collection is also available, featuring two of the most critically acclaimed games of all time remastered in HD. Both of the above collections have an intuitive new control system where you can choose to have the R2 and L2 buttons mapped to the rear touch pad. And these two titles look fantastic on the 5” OLED screen of your PS Vita and offer some of the very best gaming on PlayStation.

To access the Remote Play functionality for both God of War Collection and ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus Collection you’ll need to download a patch on your PS3, at no extra cost.
    Source.

It begins $#@!es! SotC on Vita? $#@! yeah!
    Last edited by Ghost; 09-05-2012 at 13:23.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    That's cool. Wonder if they'll make the game downloadable on the vita. Ico on the go.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Pretty cool . I'm yet to pick up the Ico/SotC HD collection but it's nice to know this will be supported. amazing games!

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    What's stopping this feature being enabled for all PS3 games?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    What's stopping this feature being enabled for all PS3 games?
    Nothing really, hackers are able to do remote play. Sony will have a roadmap of what functionality they are going to implement and when.

Elite Guru
    Whilst I want to get an Ico Platinum, I'd be much happier if it was SotC getting the remote play.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yes! @ updated OP.
    Last edited by Ghost; 09-05-2012 at 13:33.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Brilliant news
    Looking forward to the roll out of more titles

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    $#@! ME!!!!!!!!!!

This works with PHYSICAL COPIES!! (confirmed with GoW:C!!)

*goes back to playing GoW on Vita with remote play $#@!ES!*

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Nothing really, hackers are able to do remote play. Sony will have a roadmap of what functionality they are going to implement and when.
    I think what's stopping Sony is quality control they would rather release games that they know will work well with remote play then to have all games go remote by default. The next thing Sony needs is a bunch of people $#@!ing about how the Vita doesn't use remote play well.
    Last edited by hood; 09-05-2012 at 14:17.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    I think what's stopping Sony is quality control they would rather release games that they know will work well with remote play then to have all games go remote by default. The next thing Sony needs is a bunch of people $#@!ing about how the Vita doesn't use remote play well.

It will happen. So many variables with Wifi connections, hardware, software, etc... there will undoubtedly be people with a lot of complaints about this feature.

I think it is cool, although at this point i am pretty sure I will never own a Vita.
    LMAO

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    All systems have issues with software and hardware, it's only natural. The only foreseeable issue I can see with RP though is wifi.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Bethsoft games, please. I'll buy a Vita just for those on the go.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    That's freakin awesome! SoTC would be awesome to play on it. Here's to more being able to soon!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Its nice but games requiring a patch? ugh. -_-"

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    All systems have issues with software and hardware, it's only natural. The only foreseeable issue I can see with RP though is wifi.
    Well there are some issues with backwards compatibility on the PS3 with ps1 and ps2 games and there's issues with compatibility ps1 games on the vita there's bound to be issues with PS3 games running remotely on the vita. If Sony can just start fresh and design games to be compatible with the Vita in my opinion it is a large step in the right direction. With the Wii U and Microsoft's Tablet for the 360 Sony needs to just play it safe. Even with all games being RP capable games prior to the Vita's release won't utilize the Vita. I would like to see more WiFi availability in the US. Your pretty much limited to your house, buying a mobile hotspot, or McDonalds.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    I don't know what your "issue" is with this. Is this sarcasm?

Well there are some issues with backwards compatibility on the PS3 with ps1 and ps2 games and there's issues with compatibility ps1 games on the vita there's bound to be issues with PS3 games running remotely on the vita. If Sony can just start fresh and design games to be compatible with the Vita in my opinion it is a large step in the right direction. With the Wii U and Microsoft's Tablet for the 360 Sony needs to just play it safe. Even with all games being RP capable games prior to the Vita's release won't utilize the Vita. I would like to see more WiFi availability in the US. Your pretty much limited to your house, buying a mobile hotspot, or McDonalds.
    It's going to be pretty heavy handed with the actual PS3 games being remote play compatible. The PS2 and PS1 remakes will not have the same overhead needed for remote play. If you go into a hacked PS3 and play Killzone 3, or any of the others PS3 games, it's hit and miss throughout. More like a single base hit, instead of the homerun you'd wanna have. A patch will make them "officially" work, but no more than they work if you're doing it the way I have, as well as others.

Thumbs up for Sony doing this though. It's one of those "homebrew" results we found that Sony likes to get on board with since the PSP was given the chance.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Is there a single game that does not have some sort of patch or update?

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't know what your "issue" is with this. Is this sarcasm?

It's going to be pretty heavy handed with the actual PS3 games being remote play compatible. The PS2 and PS1 remakes will not have the same overhead needed for remote play. If you go into a hacked PS3 and play Killzone 3, or any of the others PS3 games, it's hit and miss throughout. More like a single base hit, instead of the homerun you'd wanna have. A patch will make them "officially" work, but no more than they work if you're doing it the way I have, as well as others.

Thumbs up for Sony doing this though. It's one of those "homebrew" results we found that Sony likes to get on board with since the PSP was given the chance.
    Well thats kind of what im saying though its not a homerun so what would be the point of playing those older games why not have games that were designed to run with remote play from the ground up. Hack up your ps3 so you can hit or miss or just buy ps3/vita games that are designed to be played that way. Like in the mlb commercial the guy is playing outside walks home puts the vita on a stand and continues the game on ps3. Thats the kind of remote play id like but i have my doubts when it comes down to wifi connectivity. Maybe this cross buy deal will solve that issue lets say you pick up battlefield 4 and get the vita version free. It would be really cool to hit the ps button activate remote play it then links to the vita auto starts bf4 and picks right up where you left off. Probably a dream that may never come true but its nice to think that way. Rp should take full avabtage of both machines and it shouldnt feel tacked on we had enough of that with the psp. let's get innovative sony kojima has this transfarring thing going and its pretty decent its abit of a lengthy process but im sure a more streamlined approach is on the way.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It might be a dream that is able to be made with the PS4. It has to be something that Sony REQUIRES for all companies to support, otherwise, you'll get firstparty games that they eventually get out. I think it's a definitely great first step. If the remakes that are coded to work on the PS3 basically feel like you actually have them on the Vita during remote play, then mad props for Sony.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Well thats kind of what im saying though its not a homerun so what would be the point of playing those older games why not have games that were designed to run with remote play from the ground up. Hack up your ps3 so you can hit or miss or just buy ps3/vita games that are designed to be played that way. Like in the mlb commercial the guy is playing outside walks home puts the vita on a stand and continues the game on ps3. Thats the kind of remote play id like but i have my doubts when it comes down to wifi connectivity. Maybe this cross buy deal will solve that issue lets say you pick up battlefield 4 and get the vita version free. It would be really cool to hit the ps button activate remote play it then links to the vita auto starts bf4 and picks right up where you left off. Probably a dream that may never come true but its nice to think that way. Rp should take full avabtage of both machines and it shouldnt feel tacked on we had enough of that with the psp. let's get innovative sony kojima has this transfarring thing going and its pretty decent its abit of a lengthy process but im sure a more streamlined approach is on the way.
    The games don't seem to need to be designed from the ground up. GoW:C just needed a small patch that maps the R2, L2, R3 and L3 buttons to the Vita. I'm sure there are a few other lil software tweaks but the update was only 30mb IIRC. However, this could be due to something that is somehow unique to ICO and GoW so maybe other games need special attention. I guess time will tell.

As far as your MLB situation, you can ALMOST do that with remote play. The only difference is that you could only "walk home put the Vita on the stand and continue on the PS3" if you had internet tethered on your phone as you went on your way, as you need wifi for the feature, else you could play any remote play supported game where ever you have wifi, then save your game and when you get home you can pick up where you left off on the PS3.

I can tell you, I have checked the remote play feature with GoW and it works $#@!ing great, im thrilled! What's more, if you have your laptop/PC hooked up to the PS3 via PS3 media center, you can browse and watch any movies or music on your computer via wifi. PS3 media center does all the decoding PC and streamed to the PS3 so you can watch a $#@! load of different file types, avi, mkv, I'm pretty sure I tried my Smashing Pumpkins live .vob files and it worked IIRC. Some days I set up a Naruto download in the morning before work, then by break time it would be on my laptop already and I could watch it on my break using works wifi, through the PS3, was boss!. The ability to effectively play games is such a bonus. I'm yet to play the ICO collection so I'm so stoked to have this option.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Cool. I've got the GoW collection, might give it a bash later! Not much in it though cos I've platinum'd both . Neeeeed to get the Ico/SoTC hd collection though

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    I don't have an issue exactly, being PS+ all my games will update on their own without my notice.
    I just kinda expected a universal remote play, I guess some games would struggle with the aditional load.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Tokyo Jungle getting remote play.

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/243589404298448896

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zasefwWK5fA (can't seem to imbed vids sorry!)

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER

26. Likes Ghost likes this post

Thread Information