Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Appolyons

Official Core 2 Quadro Thread

Ok heres the deal, I've been obsessed lately with the Core 2 Quadro. Its new, I love PC's and I knew so little about it. I've been trying desperately to find any site I have no read yet and in case you guys find something you want to share I thought this could be a great place to do it. At least some of us PC fans can share some thoughts when we want to. I recently found this site:

http://www.gearlive.com/index.php/ne...ased-09191154/

It was interesting to me because it specifies we could expect the Quadro before December...how great would that be. Other information I would like to find are solid benchmark reviews, exact pricing and even an exact release date once its released. So if you find anything, be sure to let us all know, thanks.

I think intel have confirmed it will be available before xmas (more than likely end of november or during december I think).

But most rumours and speculation points to only one will being launched at first, and that being the extreme edition part - so a $1000 CPU.
    Granted this is rumours, but the rumours surrounding the Core 2 Duos ended up being pretty accurate.

benchmarks - http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/09/10...he_rampage_uk/

Appolyons
    Yeah I was re-reading that site a little while ago. Oddly enough a Core 2 Duo at E 6700 doesnt come that far away from a Core 2 Quadro E6700, its roughly I think 10 fps faster...if I remember correctly. I think the main point here is this is for future gaming like Alen Wake. Like the conclusion in that article stated that you posted...if tweaked correctly you can have double the performance in some areas. One of those areas I believe to be gaming.

Elite Member
    You'll see improvements in any multi-threaded software, and in multi-tasking.

Appolyons
    Yeah but we are not Bill Gates...as consumers we seek bang for buck. The question will be, does the increase in price, substantiate the better performance. In my mind it does but in the few benchmarks we have thus far...its not that much better.

Azure
    That might be due to the benchmarks not accounting for quad core very well?

Alan Wake at the IDF turned me onto the idea of Quad core immediately. If we end up with too much processing power [very unlikely] then the clocks could feasibly start helping out with graphics not unlike CELL+RSX which will be needing help for decades yet.

Elite Member
    Why would the GPU need any help? GPU's today are so fast that they are left tapping their feet waiting for the CPU to catch up.

Appolyons
    One thing is for sure, I will be curious about the price differences. I'm not a normal consumer in this case, to me...I'll pay any number for top of the line in PC gaming...just how I am. However I must again note, the E6700 Core 2 Duo is a very strong and capable processor still.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexadecimal View Post
    Why would the GPU need any help? GPU's today are so fast that they are left tapping their feet waiting for the CPU to catch up.
    Maybe not any more Intel is releasing some crazy processor that even outdo AMD's fine gaming CPU's

and Alan Wake looks amazing running on 4 Cores but the guy runs like a fag

Appolyons
    I'm gona be honest AMD better get their act together or their in the dust. Even if their 4x4 processor, whatever its called, comes out and does well or in fact better than Intel...I'm gona be honest...I'm still going Intel. Its been out longer and its more accessable to me right now. This is assuming all scheduled release dates go as planned.

Now another thing. AMD has no second line. Your going to go from their FX, top of the line single processor to 4x4...no in between. Intel, while not keeping up in the single processor race has gained market control with Core 2 Duo and now going even further with Core 2 Quadro...long story short, their in control with leaving more options for the consumer.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Appolyons View Post
    I'm gona be honest AMD better get their act together or their in the dust. Even if their 4x4 processor, whatever its called, comes out and does well or in fact better than Intel...I'm gona be honest...I'm still going Intel. Its been out longer and its more accessable to me right now. This is assuming all scheduled release dates go as planned.

Now another thing. AMD has no second line. Your going to go from their FX, top of the line single processor to 4x4...no in between. Intel, while not keeping up in the single processor race has gained market control with Core 2 Duo and now going even further with Core 2 Quadro...long story short, their in control with leaving more options for the consumer.
    I actually agree,
    Intel Pentiums have got far Clock speeds than AMD's but AMD is know for its overclocking but will the average consumer know?

and AMD will never catch up with intel in the laptop market

Appolyons
    Yeah laptops...I'm staying away from that topic. My knowledge begins with PC desktops and ends there.

Elite Member
    Yeah laptops...I'm staying away from that topic. My knowledge begins with PC desktops and ends there.
    I'll start you on

Some laptops have the power of a desktop but its still portable Example for the Alienware M ALX and the One I've got Dell XPS M1710 which rocks ass

Master Poster
    i wonder if they are going to jump from 4 cores to 6 (just adding two more), or 8 (doubling), or even 16 (exponentially increasing)

p.s. dont tell me my thought is pointless because talking about quad core processors doesnt have much point at this time either

Have an AV/Home Theater question? Send me a PM and I'll be glad to help!
    Blu-ray.com - My HT Setup
    AVSForum - My HT Setup

Appolyons
    To be honest, its probably limitless but you have to also think in terms of size and heating issues. I think Keshin stated a very valid point in another thread when he mentioned how most PC's dont even get great use out of dual core no less quad. We would be better off with them perfecting the quad in my opinion rather than just stacking on more and more processors...this is just about power you know, its also about speed with lower system power requirements and efficiency.

Fire thanks for the comment. I know a little but when it comes to laptops I stick to the basic...as long as they do my schoolwork, I'm happy.

Elite Member
    ZOMGZOR (Just learn that word yesterday from playing BF2 anyways) Intel release 52 Core CPU now you can play RL games

Have a bath, have kids, watch them grow realtime alll at the same time, Virtual reality OMGZOR!!!!!!!111

Seriously this million core crap is getting to meh has anyone seen the new DX10 Cards WTF two Power connectors on the flippin card and it also massive as hell whats next 2millionGhz Intel Pentium 8 ???????/endrant

Anyways the PC industry should calm down a bit stop releasing a new graphics card every 1week Seriously!

Appolyons
    The largest card will be the g80 by Nvidia...thing is a beast. Just one of them could rival the beloved PS3 system. I personally love it as I am a computer geek.

Elite Member
    The largest card will be the g80 by Nvidia...thing is a beast. Just one of them could rival the beloved PS3 system. I personally love it as I am a computer geek.
    Its worth more than PS3 and its just one component out of a computer kinda sad lol

to play crysis you would have to spend a fortune kinda WTF!!!111

Edit: Sorry if my Post's are offending people
    I slept bad and cricked my neck and I have this headache from 7am till now Paracetmol doesnt help either (Excuse my spelling)
    /cry

Appolyons
    Well, show me a link for the price because I'm not sold. Very little about this card has been released...we dont even have benchmarks we just know components.

Elite Member
    Well, show me a link for the price because I'm not sold. Very little about this card has been released...we dont even have benchmarks we just know components.
    Just check out the Geforce 7900GTX which retails at 400 in stores which is nearly $800 Now lets imagine a Whole new Graphics card by nvidia for a new generation see I know the price will be stupendously high

and also Geforce 8800GTX by itself requires a 450Watt PSU while the GT requires 400Watts
    So 1KW PSU is a requirement soon

****ING Mental!

Just wait till more info screams up I will post it

Appolyons
    Yeah but thats solitary buying. If your constructing a PC offline or custom, prices can be different. I know to make an SLI system I can get a decent deal...one better than I would pay in stores. We can speculate but until more information is released...we know nothing for sure.

Pft in 5 years Intel already said they would be at 80 cores... I wonder how much those things will cost :P

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GarbagePanda View Post
    Pft in 5 years Intel already said they would be at 80 cores... I wonder how much those things will cost :P
    Even 1million cores DAMN!

Games would be awesome as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Firewarrior View Post
    Just check out the Geforce 7900GTX which retails at 400 in stores which is nearly $800 Now lets imagine a Whole new Graphics card by nvidia for a new generation see I know the price will be stupendously high

and also Geforce 8800GTX by itself requires a 450Watt PSU while the GT requires 400Watts
    So 1KW PSU is a requirement soon

****ING Mental!

Just wait till more info screams up I will post it
    it will not need a 400 or 450 wat PSU just for itself. That would just be impossible since the card only has 2 power connectors.
    The PCI-e slot can provide 75W, and each power connector can supply 75W, so the most each card can use is 225W.

The requirments of 400/450W PSU's are what you need as a total wattage to run a system (aka - not just the PSU). If you look around the net, the 7900GT says it requiers a 350/400W PSU, even though, the card itself uses no where near that.

And the price. Its not gonna be that bad. If any of you can remember (if you can't, google it) the launch of the 7800's, then the 7800GTX launched for $600, and the GT for $450. Rumours are the 8800's will be priced about the same as the 7800's were.

Appolyons
    Thanks for the post Welsh, I'm really looking foward to disecting this card when I have a chance. I have to be honest, this is a very exciting time for computer gamers.

Thread Information