Hybrid View

Apprentice

Question: Do you think Wii u will be worth its rumored price point of $400.00

several sites have been advertising the wii u at any where from 269.99 to 400.00 do you think it will oust family's because of it's huge rumored price point the controller alone because it has a amd processor has to be expensive at a rumored 70 to 80 dollars for the controller alone and if games utilize more then one tablet could you imagine spending 400.00 more for controllers.

After seeing all the rumors and getting a chance to see one in action soon at a exclusive event i am looking forward to his event because i want to see the console try it touch it and play with it but if it's only nintendo games on display i am not interrested because the idea of a event is two show what the console can do with real games not kiddie garbage i'm hoping nintendo also learned there lesson and removed secure media from the console because we all know that secure media is responsible for the wii getting hacked and destroying the online play on the wii with cheaters and hacks which is not cool for anyone

What i am looking forward to at this event.

1. alien colonial marines - the radar system for your gun is on the touch tablet controller which might be awesome..

if it's not there then sega and nintendo just failed on a epic level!!!!

Also i want to know real price if you charge to much for the console not interresting for me to fork out 400.00 for a wii with a hd upgrade what do you think.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I don't know. I was SUPER excited for the Wii U pre E3. We were getting comments from Gearbox and other studios saying that the Wii U version of their games would be definitive version graphically speaking. Of course the control pad also offered something unique but then a few things dawned on me...the E3 presser for Nintny showed the same $#@!ing. old. tired. franchises that looked as if they should have been on the Wii. Is this what their first party content is going to consist of? 2D $#@!ing mario games? If Nintendo thought that their presser is how you deal with an HD console then they are more clueless than I thought. Also, as soon as next gen roles around Wii U'S 3rd party content will be gimped. It will either receive dumbed down ports or it won't get the games art all. Nintendo $#@!ed up in this regard, they should have had the balls to launch a real next gen console. I don't see any value in their console for these reasons. I still haven't ruled it out for a later purchase IF they release 1st party content that doesn't star that short fat $#@! of an ugly plumber or any of the other childish characters they have. Mature (and NEW) content or $#@! off. $400?

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I'm kind of undecided. At first, like Ghost-Rhayne said, I was excited for it but with all we've seen I don't believe that it will be worth my investment. If they one day end up with a line-up of JRPG's like the Wii is doing now, then they'll definitely get my money. But that won't happen for a while and until then, pricing might drop. Still, $400 is quite a lot for what it's rumored to have.

Edit: Oh, crap. I have 4,444 posts and 44 Rep Power. How can I keep this permanent?. Should I stop posting? D;

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Edit: Oh, crap. I have 4,444 posts and 44 Rep Power. How can I keep this permanent?. Should I stop posting? D;
    +Rep
    “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”― Oscar Wilde

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Hell no 250-300 and maybe I'd consider buying it.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    uberman6352
    No way. Definitely not worth $400. At very most, $300.

“Thank you Mario! But our Princess is in another castle!” (Super Mario Bros.)
    "Why not take a break? You can pause the game by pressing +." (Wii Sports)
    “It’s super effective!” (Pokemon series)

Forum Sage
    According to XE $400 is equal to £251.45

For that price I think it is worth it for a new console.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    As much as I love Nintendo, that would be too much for me. I've always said $300, maybe $350 is the max I'd spend on the console. But for what it's worth, most rumors I've seen have it priced at $300 more than $400.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Price is going to be 299.99... I base this on Nothing! LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Technical Advisor
    Depends on the 'rumored price point' you're targeting for one and how you qualify 'worth it'.

My 2cents is, like most Nintendo products, it isn't worth anywhere near what you shell out for it. Antiquated technology paired with a gimmick and a stable of first party games to make it seem worth the cost they're demanding.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Depends on the 'rumored price point' you're targeting for one and how you qualify 'worth it'.

My 2cents is, like most Nintendo products, it isn't worth anywhere near what you shell out for it. Antiquated technology paired with a gimmick and a stable of first party games to make it seem worth the cost they're demanding.
    The SNES and N64 were well worth their price points? Nintendo historically has already had the lowest entry points? What was the gimmicks on the NES, SNES, Gameboy, N64, and Gamecube? Wii Had motion controllers first now everyone does im sure the same will happen with the Wii U tablet controller.

So in short I don't see anything accurate in your post MOST Nintendo Consoles are gimmicky because they aren't.
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 09-05-2012 at 17:30.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    The SNES and N64 were well worth their price points? Nintendo historically has already had the lowest entry points? What was the gimmicks on the NES, SNES, Gameboy, N64, and Gamecube? Wii Had motion controllers first now everyone does im sure the same will happen with the Wii U tablet controller.
    I didn't say 'all'. DS, 3DS, Wii, WiiU..

I'm cool with Nintendo products prior. Perhaps 'most' was too broad. When I said that I was thinking of the past 8 years or w\e.

And just because your entry point is lower than the competition doesn't mean you're automatically a good buy. The Wii, for example, was using grossly outdated technology when it hit the streets (especially compared to its competition) and still demanded a fairly high price. But because it had this mostly accurate motion sensing controller and Mario it was 'worth the price'.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU

I'm cool with Nintendo products prior. Perhaps 'most' was too broad. When I said that I was thinking of the past 8 years or w\e.

And just because your entry point is lower than the competition doesn't mean you're automatically a good buy. The Wii, for example, was using grossly outdated technology when it hit the streets (especially compared to its competition) and still demanded a fairly high price. But because it had this mostly accurate motion sensing controller and Mario it was 'worth the price'.
    I cant see the DS as gimmicky when the bottom screen is important to gameplay one game that uses it Ive played was the Mario & Luigi rpg's the word Gimmick by definition in this scenario would be having a feature for the sake of having it? However if its a part of gameplay which in most games it is with the DS and Wii.... (cant say Wii U havent played a full game on it) then its not a gimmicky item. Especially wireless motion controls since all consoles now have it. THE ONLY GIMMICK console is the 3ds i never use the 3d feature on it so ill give you that one and while you didnt say ALL you said MOST which would be more than 50% of Nintendo Consoles obviously thats not the case and the only gimmick Nintendo has truly release was this 3ds feature on the 3ds.

Labeling an other console gimmicky is spoken from lack of knowledge on Nintendo products or playing them. Also the Wii would be your ONLY example of a Nintendo product being underpowered it you look at their other home Consoles they were always more powerful than sony consoles.

The Wii was 249.99 PS3 and xbox were over 500 bucks. I think pricing is a huge deal when it comes to launching a console look at the OYUA its 99 bucks built on a 32 but architecture in 2012 and its kick start took off.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Technical Advisor
    I cant see the DS as gimmicky when the bottom screen is important to gameplay one game that uses it Ive played was the Mario & Luigi rpg's the word Gimmick by definition in this scenario would be having a feature for the sake of having it? However if its a part of gameplay which in most games it is with the DS and Wii.... (cant say Wii U havent played a full game on it) then its not a gimmicky item. Especially wireless motion controls since all consoles now have it. THE ONLY GIMMICK console is the 3ds i never use the 3d feature on it so ill give you that one and while you didnt say ALL you said MOST which would be more than 50% of Nintendo Consoles obviously thats not the case and the only gimmick Nintendo has truly release was this 3ds feature on the 3ds.

Labeling an other console gimmicky is spoken from lack of knowledge on Nintendo products or playing them. Also the Wii would be your ONLY example of a Nintendo product being underpowered it you look at their other home Consoles they were always more powerful than sony consoles.

The Wii was 249.99 PS3 and xbox were over 500 bucks. I think pricing is a huge deal when it comes to launching a console look at the OYUA its 99 bucks built on a 32 but architecture in 2012 and its kick start took off.
    >>Implies I haven't played Nintendo products or own a Wii.

>>Implies that the Xbox 360 cost 500 USD at launch in the US*. Ignores the actual price of 400 USD for the regular edition and a 300 USD price for core.

>>Core model only costs $50 more than souped up Gamecube with motion based controllers.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_launch

Yes, 'gimmick' is subjective. But it is undeniable that in recent years Nintendo has sought unorthodox methods in order to distinguish itself from the heavy tech hitters because that is a fight it does not want to get involved in.

Nintendo hardware is not all that sophisticated or costly to produce. Yet the asking price for them is always way up there with the exponentially more sophisticated offerings by competitors. Like the insane entry point cost of the 3DS, how the Wii was really only 50$ shy of the 360 Core model, etc.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 09-05-2012 at 19:00.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama

It's all about perception. You saw it as outdated tech being expensive. I saw it as cheap for a new console. I, like the majority of consumers at the time, didn't have an HD TV. So even though you could still get great graphics from the PS3/360, I couldn't take full advantage of it. Nintendo has the track record for proven first party titles, and I knew from that standpoint, it would be worth it. But I also got loads of fun from many 3rd party titles as well. I wasn't playing all the popular titles that so many others were playing, but there were great games on the console. You just had to look for them thru all the crap titles that got released for it.

Forum Sage
    Anything more than $299.99 and the U is DOA..

The goal of the wii u is to give you a slightly upgraded experience compared to current consoles while being similar and price (undercutting the other next gen consoles)

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    This is what I know its about the games always has been and will always been that way. Nintendo has a chance to take this next gen just like this current gen. We can spend all day on tech talk no console will be cutting edge tech or the most powerful "gaming" option.

On a business side of it they can't not release a 400 dollar console let the other guys take loses on their hardware and charge more. 299.99 would be perfect and we should know everything by sept 13th..

I was at gamestop earlier today still nothing on a release date but they did should me a release date on some of the games on their system its saying 11/14 at the moment but no info on the system itself

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    If it has the muscle and content, it would be worth the $400 for me.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    If it has the muscle and content, it would be worth the $400 for me.
    If it came packaged with 2 pro controllers, gamepad, and pack in game (nintendo land) it be worth it but I doubt that be the case

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    If it came packaged with 2 pro controllers, gamepad, and pack in game (nintendo land) it be worth it but I doubt that be the case
    That's kinda what I meant lol. I didn't put an "S" on "content".

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    That's kinda what I meant lol. I didn't put an "S" on "content".
    LOL

The Content will be there for me personally i would like to have 2 pro controllers and 2 gamepads for it when i pick it up...

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    LOL

The Content will be there for me personally i would like to have 2 pro controllers and 2 gamepads for it when i pick it up...
    That's gonna run ya a pretty penny lol

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    That's gonna run ya a pretty penny lol
    Or is it? LOL We dont know but Ive said this months ago i have a 600 to 700 bucks im willing to spend on Wii U (including games and accessories) Ive seen a story on IGN with different SKU's one that was 249.99 one that was 299.99 and one that was 349.99 So we'll see 7 days from now

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ancient
    400 dollars? Yeah thats more or less the price of a PS3 in the UK or around 50 pounds more, Not exactly gonna be cheaper now is it

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Didn't say you couldn't afford it. I said it's gonna be pretty damn expensive lol
    Lol I know bro that's just want I would be willing to spend on it lol...

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information