Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Well I'm still playing it and I'm very very impressed with it.
    Considering its a miltiplatform game.
    I'm not saying tlou is bad.
    But you know as usual, it seems when it's an exclusive it some how takes on an extra sheen for some.
    Still impressed as hell with the animations in tlou though.

but sony exclusives do have a polish that other games lack even MS first party exclusives

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    but sony exclusives do have a polish that other games lack even MS first party exclusives
    A few select ones do, for sure, and I put that down to the developers.
    Others arent all that.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    and in this case, this developer is one of them

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    and in this case, this developer is one of them
    Indeed they are.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Nobody has been able to harness the power of the PS3 like Naughty Dog has. Santa Monica may have came closest, but that's just one game (okay, soon the be two). This will be Naughty Dog's FOURTH title on the PS3, and that they've all been incredible so far is an almost unthinkable achievement. I can't imagine what they'll be able to pull off on the PS4.

6. Likes mynd likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    This should be a great game. Graphically not the best but still nice. Can't wait to get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    This should be a great game. Graphically not the best but still nice. Can't wait to get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Thanks, I now have Redbull all down me

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

9. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Thanks, I now have Redbull all down me

Sent via Codec
    ...why?
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Elite Guru
    Probably because having an opinion is crazy talk.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    ...why?
    Well I bought my Redbull went on my break and saw the notification on my phone click on it and as I was taking a drink I read his post and the last bit was...a bit unexpected I guess lol

Sent via Codec

Soldier 95B
    Well I bought my Redbull went on my break and saw the notification on my phone click on it and as I was taking a drink I read his post and the last bit was...a bit unexpected I guess lol

Sent via Codec
    Why? LOL

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Why? LOL
    Come one TLOU isn't a bad looking game, in fact its a awesome looking game graphically, so ya comment caught me off guard, maybe you didn't mean it like that but it sounded like you was saying it was average looking
    For instance, pick a gorgeous looking women, she walks pass you and ya mate turns around and says, great body shame she looks like a rat lol
    Thats the kinda off guard I was lol
    Ya definitely entitled to your opinion, but now I'm curious as to what you think looks better so I can agree with ya, I know there is better, but not alot

Sent via Codec

Superior Member
    Ya definitely entitled to your opinion, but now I'm curious as to what you think looks better so I can agree with ya
    This.

16. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Come one TLOU isn't a bad looking game, in fact its a awesome looking game graphically, so ya comment caught me off guard, maybe you didn't mean it like that but it sounded like you was saying it was average looking
    For instance, pick a gorgeous looking women, she walks pass you and ya mate turns around and says, great body shame she looks like a rat lol
    Thats the kinda off guard I was lol
    Ya definitely entitled to your opinion, but now I'm curious as to what you think looks better so I can agree with ya, I know there is better, but not alot

Sent via Codec
    No the game does indeed look great. One of the best looking out there.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Well I'm still playing it and I'm very very impressed with it. Considering its a miltiplatform game. I'm not saying tlou is bad. But you know as usual, it seems when it's an exclusive it some how takes on an extra sheen for some.
    lol Yep I notice that too. I guess that kind of thing is to be expected on a PS fansite.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    when someone says that there are plenty of games that look better, I'd be interested in knowing the ones they're talking about.
    Still curious on which games you were talking about, Rad.

20. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Reality is that this is all babble until the game is on our systems. Making calls on footage of a game that is at LEAST 4 months away (and probably 7+ away) is kinda moot.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I don't think they want the new console announcements (Which I assume will come next summer) to overshadow this and other games, so for that reason I think this is coming early 2013.

The game looks great, but graphically-speaking, it really isn't THAT far ahead of Uncharted, so I don't really get why people are hesitant to believe the game will look like it does in the videos, especially since they're showing direct gameplay and not cinematics.

Apprentice
    What the heck is going on here?

The game looks amazing. Remember that it's a Playstation3-CONSOLE title. Given that, the game looks so good, it's unbelievable. Just like GOW Ascension or Uncharted 3. These games look unvelievably good - no one can deny it. We have to keep in mind that these are console games. I don't compare TLOU or GOW Asc with a maxed out Crysis 3 on a high-end PC or a maxed out Battlefield 3 on PC. Why should I? Of course the overall visual quality of a maxed out PC game will surpass any console game, even the best console games.

But DAMN, the PS3 is supposed to be "about equal" (I know, I know, and i hear your cries "NOOO YOU CAN'T COMPARE IT!") to a PC with a 7800GT with 256MB VRAM, 256MB RAM (I know the PS3 has XDR Ram, so maybe it counts for 512 or even 1024MB RAM on a PC? don't now - but FACT is - the PS3 only got 256MB, and some of it is reserved for the OS. That's a FACT!) and a CPU that's absolutely outdated. The same applies for the Xbox360 (I didn't mention bluray or whatever, because it doesn't change things that much).

Look at this comparison. It's ridiculous what's possible when developers take time and try to code as efficiently as possible. Every line of code must be perfect. Even some 3rd party games amaze me. Be it the Batman Arkham games, or Asssassin's Creed games. The first one had a lot of flaws, and the consoles had a lot of trouble rendering all the geometry. But since AC2 I've never seen any major hick-ups in the framerate. I mean you climb the Galata tower in Constantinopel in AC Revelations and do a synchronization and the camera turns around one time.... and you see the entire city, all the geometry. That's just amazing. Of course everything is simplified, but still, you can see the buildings.

Gaming - for me - is something I want to enjoy. PC gaming never was the kind of gaming I enjoyed. Sitting in a room in front of a screen with a keybord and mouse... I don't know... I love sitting in my living room at 10 P.M. and playing some games with my PS3 on my HD TV.

I know - many PC gamers have moved their PC's to locations that are more... "pretty", but still... it's just not my style. And seeing all those great games come out for a console that has hardware in it that's absolutely laughably weak in comparison to current technology, I can only imagine what would be possible IF games were made for current high-end technology, but with the same dedication that every line of code must be as perfect and efficient as it can be.

Imagine an Assassin's Creed game on a next-gen console... jeeeeez that would be stunning. And AC3 already blew my mind with its new climbing system (trees and rocks - it looks great).

I was very very impressed by this The Las Of Us demo. I noticed it too - that Ellie reacts with fear or shock to the gunshots Joel shoots. Small details - but big impact. I love such things. The enemies' animation looked great by the way. There's not that many games with great animation for the enemies (+ great AI !!!)

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    edit:f bomb it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Reality is that this is all babble until the game is on our systems. Making calls on footage of a game that is at LEAST 4 months away (and probably 7+ away) is kinda moot.
    Yep. Plus ND always throw on extra polish right before release.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 09-10-2012 at 05:00.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Yep. Plus ND always throw on extra polish right before release.
    lol I agree with all the points you made LOL .

26. Likes Nitey , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    pretty much a statement that holds no weight. at "plenty" that look on its level AND better...if you talking pc titles.
    Lol not sure if serious ROFL.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Not sure what others have been playing recently, but this title is not better looking or worse looking than most of the games I have been playing recently, that includes Max Payne, Rage, and Crysis 2.
    I think most new titles know how to get the best out of these consoles.
    that's not to say this is bad, as I have repeatedly said, I think we may just be running out of room for improvement.
    Nice to see that animation is now getting the attention.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Heehee. Just wait for the final product. As I said before, this game is at least 4 months away from going gold and probably more like 7+ months away. That's a $#@! load of time that ND have to polish this badboy up, and it will be polished, a lot. It was exactly the same with Uncharted 3. The early videos were shat on by the final product, as was the beta. Of course no one can say anything with any certainty until the game is in our PS3s, but Naughty Dog are one of the most talented studios in the business and those who have played their games know the quality of their products and have a fair idea of what to expect.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I think it's probably closer to 9 than 4 months.
    But yes if anyone is going to do it, it would be ND.

Thread Information