Forum Elder

Mark of the Ninja, Sept 7th 1200pts.

Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 09-05-2012 at 19:15.

2. Likes Sub-stance1 likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wtf, that looks like an AMAZING GAME!!!!

Elite Guru
    IGN 9/10

Quote:
    Mark of the Ninja illustrates how Xbox Live Arcade continues to be a breeding ground for some of today's most creative content. This is stealth done right, with the presentation prowess to match. It's easily a contender for Xbox Live Arcade Game of the Year and it absolutely deserves a place in your digital game collection.

EuroGamer 9/10

Quote:
    A game that never rests on its laurels and offers ample replay value, Mark of the Ninja is a much-needed shot in the arm for Live Arcade's lacklustre summer offering.

EDGE 8/10

Quote:
    Klei Entertainment's latest XBLA release is a slick, striking stealth game with a blackly comic heart.

OXM UK 9/10

Quote:
    A game this smart and surgical can't help but inspire perfectionism in turn. The stealth subgenre's troubles need no further elaboration, but Klei's work shows that a purity of focus gets results, and moreover, that challenge doesn't have to mean frustration. This ninja is marked for greatness.

VentureBeat 93/100

Quote:
    Even if you’ve never liked a stealth game, you shouldn’t miss Mark of the Ninja. It redefines the silent assassin. Klei said it looked to games like Thief and Tenchu when building Ninja. But the next time someone tries to make a game about sneaking around and killing from cover, they will have to take a long, hard look at Mark of the Ninja.

The Controller Online 8/10

Quote:
    Mark of the Ninja does a great job of bringing stealth based gameplay into the 2D space. It may seem simple at first, but you’ll soon be dangling from your grappling hook, shooting out lights and distracting guards with the best of them. If you’re looking for a new XBLA game to kill a few hours before the busy season starts, Mark of the Ninja will happily kill those hours for you. With a knife from behind, most likely.

God is a Geek 9/10

Quote:
    Mark of the Ninja is another outstanding game in what is turning out to be a golden year for XBLA titles. Its flawless mix of puzzle solving, combat, stealth and platforming add up to what is probably Klei Entertainments best title to date. The main story will keep you occupied for around 8 hours and there are enough challenges and unlockables to make you want to come back for more. Things get a little frustrating at the tail-end but, when all is said and done, Mark of the Ninja is a title you don’t want to miss.

GamesRadar 4.5/5

Quote:
    A lot of modern games sacrifice depth and playability in pursuit of other goals, but Mark of the Ninja enjoys an abundance of both. Fast yet measured, breezy yet deep, and above all highly replayable, it's a game that stands as a refreshing example of stealth action done right.

OXM 9.5/10

Quote:
    Stealth and sidescrolling rarely intersect; after all, where are you supposed to hide in a 2D world? Mark of the Ninja seems wholly unfazed by this notion, effortlessly blending elements from both genres with fresh concepts for a dazzling concoction — one that shuns the blade-borne massacres and flashy maneuvers of other shinobi sims in favor of deliberate planning, unseen movements, and precise execution.

Polygon 8.5/10

Quote:
    Mark of Ninja is cohesive, a triumphant meeting of creative level design and well-executed controls. The story is memorable and rewarding. When the credits rolled, I wanted to go again, playing differently than the first time through. Mark of the Ninja feels like Klei's coming of age game, a more mature adventure that salvages the gore, guts, and grime that defined its previous work, and scraps the rest in a surgical maneuver — the work of game design ninjas.
    Last edited by X2; 09-07-2012 at 22:30.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Getting good reviews apparently.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    This game is freakin' amazing, no doubt. I WISHED UPON A STAR that I could get it on the Vita lol.

Really, this game is definitely one of the best I've played via XBLA. Probably the absolute best so far.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    This game is freakin' amazing, no doubt. I WISHED UPON A STAR that I could get it on the Vita lol. Really, this game is definitely one of the best I've played via XBLA. Probably the absolute best so far.
    I guess I'll have to download the trial version and see.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Heck, watching the video of the game is even worth convincing a purchase on this one. Seriously. The game play is awesome.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    This game looks pretty good. Gonna have to check it out. I've been playing Dust lately. It's also a XBLA sleeper hit.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Dust? I'll have to check it out.

Thread Information