Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Vita Hacked, Homebrew Incoming

Sure, running PSP homebrews on Vita is fun, and VHBL is a very nice piece of work, but itís about time we move on, isnít it?Developer yifanlu started a new project called Usermode Vita Loader (UVLoader), it will be a homebrew loader for the PSV, basically.
    Not PSP homebrews, but native PSV code, isnít it awesome?

This project is based on a PSV exploit he found (there are no details about this for now, for obvious reasons), but itís still in its early stages.
    Just a few lines of code have been written so far (you can find the code on his github), so, back to the title, developers are needed.
    If youíre a developer and you want to help, fork the project on github or get in touch with yifanlu on /talk or on IRC (#vitadev on EFnet).

If youíre not a developer, thereís nothing for youÖyet. But itís still an awesome news, isnít it?
    And please, avoid asking useless questions: thereís no release date yet and it doesnít work for now, just be patient for now and let the developers do their job.

Yifan Lu will eventually post updates about this project on his blog or on twitter, so make sure to follow him.
    Last but not least, congratulations to yifanlu for his Vita hack
    http://wololo.net/2012/09/05/usermod...r-devs-needed/

I never know how to feel about Homebrew and what it can bring. Sure, many people say they use to emulate games from other systems they already own but how many of those just fib and downright pirate that consoles software?!

What are your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    While some people may be noble and only use homebrew for apps and games they own (lol), I'd wager that most people will get what they can for free and not give a ****. It's all very nice when some people claim they use it fairly, but when you open the door into Vita for your noble apps, you let all the scummy thieves in too, and this can potentially damage the Vita, as hacking has on the PSP and PS3.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I once was pro PSP homebrew and I had a great time with it, loved all the apps and emus for it, and don't regret a thing.
    Now with the iPhone though having apps covering all my needs better than ever before, I have no need for homebrew apps on a game console.
    So yeah, I couldn't care less about homebrew/ hacks on consoles any more. I don't even jailbreak my iPhone, I feel pretty covered with apps and games.
    And I don't have a flashcard for the 3DS either, which seems to be doing well despite the hacking. Lots of oldschool classics to buy on Nintendo marketplace.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    This is great news.

Even better when wololo makes this comment to start off with:
    This is very early work and has no intent at enabling piracy. Letís see how it unravels before reaching any hasty conlusions

PSN ID
    sektoderselters9
    Modding would probably enable me to play all PSP games that were only released on UMD. I have Kingdom Hearts: BBS and Crisis Core at home, but no way to play them on my VITA.

6. Likes SomaXD likes this post
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    This work won't allow ISO files to work. It's a usermode development.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    This work won't allow ISO files to work. It's a usermode development.
    This is very good news.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Aha, well, if the Vita was hacked in a way that blocked piracy, I think that would be interesting. Let's see how it all unfolds...

However, Vita already has homebrew functionality through PS Mobile. A dude was able to stream his steam games into his Vita using the suite. If the tools are able to offer you those kind of creative options, I wonder if this was necessary.
    Last edited by Ghost; 09-06-2012 at 11:54.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I will always be against homebrew, so this is terrible news.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

PSN ID
    sektoderselters9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I will always be against homebrew, so this is terrible news.
    Why?

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Everyone knows Homebrew is only used to run nintendo games on SONY hardware xD.

PS4 has little to no competition.

13. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Isn't Playstation Mobile on Vita something that encourages homebrew to be on the platform?

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter von Frosta View Post
    Why?
    Because although it can be innocent, it throws open the doors for not so innocent activities.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I guess it was a matter of time. I hope this doesn't turn into another paradigm shift of friends, allegiances and allies like when the PS3 Geohotz thing started. But it probably will turn into that.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Because although it can be innocent, it throws open the doors for not so innocent activities.
    What activities aren't innocent?

Elite Guru
    To apply your point of view on anything that could be misused, there can't be much you approve of.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    I don't know how they'd even get any files onto the Vitas memory card apart from the ones that Sony allows
    So I doubt we'd see emulation, unless they've found a hole in the Content Manager or something
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by XSpike View Post
    I don't know how they'd even get any files onto the Vitas memory card apart from the ones that Sony allows
    So I doubt we'd see emulation, unless they've found a hole in the Content Manager or something
    Thats where the custom frimware comes in I imagine.

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    What activities aren't innocent?
    Using hacks to gain advantage in online games for example. This happens from from time to time on both PSN and Xbox Live.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    While some people may be noble and only use homebrew for apps and games they own (lol), I'd wager that most people will get what they can for free and not give a ****. It's all very nice when some people claim they use it fairly, but when you open the door into Vita for your noble apps, you let all the scummy thieves in too, and this can potentially damage the Vita, as hacking has on the PSP and PS3.
    I agree. Sadly we all knew this was going to happen.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    ok sorry but i want to rip my PS1 and PSP games to play one my vita... true this means piracy... but what about those of us who dont want to have to re-buy FFVII-IX, legend of mana, MGS, FF Tactics, FF Tactics (PSP), MGS portable ops/peace walker, FFVII Crisis Core (psp broke before i finished it)

i just want to play the games i already have... sorry, but its the truth.
    Last edited by SomaXD; 09-07-2012 at 02:25.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Elite Guru
    There are more powerful devices out there to run homebrew on. the only reason they keep picking on the PSP the Vita or even the 3DS is so that people can eventually pirate games. Yeah they'll say it's so that they can run more powerful apps made by a community for free but you can do that with a phone now. You dont NEED to hack a vita to run an Neo Geo Emulator, you dont need to make it read Ebooks, you dont need to make it do anything that what it already does because there are already devices in everyone's pocket that can do that. If mobile gaming was such a huge threat to dedicated portable consoles then we should see LESS piracy on the vita and 3DS not the same amount.

ok sorry but i want to rip my PS1 and PSP games to play one my vita... true this means piracy... but what about those of us who dont want to have to re-buy FFVII-IX, legend of mana, MGS, FF Tactics, FF Tactics (PSP), MGS portable ops/peace walker, FFVII Crisis Core (psp broke before i finished it)

It's called tough luck. I want a million dollars but I don't go to a bank and stick it up to get it.

I said from the beginning that sony should have made the PS3 capable of converting PSone games to a playable format, just as I said the Vita should be capable of playing PSN downloadable games, they didnt do the first thing due to obvious piracy which i can understand but the other they found a way to at least start doing. There are things that we get and things we don't just because you dont it doesnt mean you should go out and pull a wild west in order to get it. Personally I wanted portable PSone games so I got a device that would let me play my ripped games from my collection without hacking the PSP or the vita.
    Last edited by Alpha2; 09-07-2012 at 04:12.

PSN ID
    sektoderselters9
    You're right I don't NEED to, but if some hacker can enable these things it's a bonus I'll gladly take.

And in terms of online cheating, has anyone played Resistance Burning Skies lately? If the game devs can't prevent glitch or bug cheating then I don't care for the jerks who cheat with hacking because can't prevent jerks from cheating.

Sent from TARDIS.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    An xperia play rom would be interesting.

But the Timescape UI is tragic.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post

Indeed man, I want to play ALL my PSP games on my Vita, not purchase them all again. I'm very, very tempted to buy some on the store, but then I remind myself that it's a waste of money. If I can ever load PSP ISOs on a Vita, I'll probably go for it. I won't pirate a game, but I want to have all my games in 1 platform.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

28. Likes SomaXD likes this post

Thread Information