Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
  1. #1
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,947
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    5,500 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    How many games could you fit into an HD collection?

    I'm a bit curious since Konami omitted Silent Hill 4 from the Silent Hill HD collection. Let's say time wasn't a factor and you could make your own HD collection, filling it with your favorite games. How many games would you be able to fit onto a single Blu-ray disc before reaching the limit?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

    Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

  2. #2
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,750
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    67,250 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well so far I think most Collections are on single layer blu rays. With 3D, I'm guessing 4 at most, on dual layer, double that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

  3. #3
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,119
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    485 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    lets say its uncompressed, a normal dvd is 6.5GB on ps2, but lets say audio and footage has been uncomprised, you should fit 3 maybe on a blu ray depending on the game.
    of course it depends on if its single layer, double layered blu ray disks.



    Thank you itachi

  4. #4
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,750
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    67,250 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I thought PS2 games were 4.7GB max?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

  5. #5
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,119
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    485 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I thought PS2 games were 4.7GB max?
    no, ps2 supported dual layered dvds they actually held more then 360 disks at one point due to all the extra secruity microsoft used to put on

    max size in theory is 7.5GB
    Last edited by Chille; 09-08-2012 at 21:00.



    Thank you itachi

  6. #6
    Super Elite
    robvandam111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    21,548 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    I believe it all depends on the Blu-Ray disc. Didn't MGS4 almost used around 50gb which obviously had the online features and other specials? If the the disc can go that far then you add atleast 3-6 games.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,947
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    5,500 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm not really familiar with the talk about dual-layered discs and how they apply to games. Does it have anything to do with reading the same information twice, compared to the Xbox 360's disc format?

    I could be wrong but I think most PS3 titles only hold 25GB of data. I just didn't know how big of a leap it was compared to PS2 titles.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 09-08-2012 at 21:30.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

    Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

  8. #8
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,119
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    485 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I'm not really familiar with the talk about dual-layered discs and how they apply to games. Does it have anything to do with reading the same information twice, compared to the Xbox 360's disc format?

    I could be wrong but I think most PS3 titles only hold 25GB of data. I just didn't know how big of a leap it was compared to PS2 titles.
    Dual layer disks are 2 different layers , on the disk, which the laser can read by slighty moving its postion and allowing it to read the layer underneath the top one , first layer= 4.8GB 2nd layer = 4.8GB making it seem like theres 2 dvds but there is only one.

    most only hold 25GB of data, but PS3 can handle upto 50GB easy. I see no reason why silent hill 4 couldnt fit on a blu-ray along with the rest of the series.
    Last edited by Chille; 09-08-2012 at 22:05.



    Thank you itachi

  9. Likes Metal King Slime likes this post
  10. #9
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,361
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    77,293 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Silent Hill 4 is really needed to save that sorry ass collection.

    HD Collections can easily hold up to 8 PS3 games. I am still waiting for the Fatal Frame HD Collection!

  11. #10
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,147
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    102,271 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    no, ps2 supported dual layered dvds they actually held more then 360 disks at one point due to all the extra secruity microsoft used to put on

    max size in theory is 7.5GB
    They still do have all the security (and Live data?) but they just made their own proprietary format that holds more space.

  12. #11
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,119
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    485 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    They still do have all the security (and Live data?) but they just made their own proprietary format that holds more space.
    Fair enough, thats why I said early on, I knew it changed about a year ago.



    Thank you itachi

  13. #12
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,373
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    156,195 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Most HD collections should come in at max 4 gb per game. Most wouldn't even hit 3 gb

    So a standard Blu-ray, you should be able to fit 6-8 games easily.

    Examples:
    Beyond Good an Evil HD: 1.68gb
    Resident Evil 4 HD: 3.59gb
    MGS2 & 3 HD: 7.35 gb
    Last edited by mynd; 09-08-2012 at 23:36.

  14. Likes Metal King Slime likes this post
  15. #13
    Newbie
    berndogskate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    belfast
    PSN ID
    berndogskate
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    281 (0 Banked)
    Depends on the size of the games lol

  16. #14
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,947
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    5,500 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Dual layer disks are 2 different layers , on the disk, which the laser can read by slighty moving its postion and allowing it to read the layer underneath the top one , first layer= 4.8GB 2nd layer = 4.8GB making it seem like theres 2 dvds but there is only one.

    most only hold 25GB of data, but PS3 can handle upto 50GB easy. I see no reason why silent hill 4 couldnt fit on a blu-ray along with the rest of the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Most HD collections should come in at max 4 gb per game. Most wouldn't even hit 3 gb

    So a standard Blu-ray, you should be able to fit 6-8 games easily.

    Examples:
    Beyond Good an Evil HD: 1.68gb
    Resident Evil 4 HD: 3.59gb
    MGS2 & 3 HD: 7.35 gb
    Okay, that answers my question. Thanks, guys.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

    Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

  17. #15
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Silent Hill 4 is really needed to save that sorry ass collection.

    HD Collections can easily hold up to 8 PS3 games. I am still waiting for the Fatal Frame HD Collection!
    I don't think we'll be seeing that Nintendo co-owns the rights to that. Would've love a HD collection.

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  18. #16
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,361
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    77,293 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I don't think we'll be seeing that Nintendo co-owns the rights to that. Would've love a HD collection.
    How does Nintendo co-own the rights to a game that has released on both the PS2 and Xbox, and never a Nintendo console?

  19. #17
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    How does Nintendo co-own the rights to a game that has released on both the PS2 and Xbox, and never a Nintendo console?
    I dunno bro they co-own the IP. There are some fatal frames on a Nintendo console like Fatal Frame 4.
    http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30850

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  20. #18
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,542
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,160 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ITs possible to fit all the Silent Hill games on 1 Single layer Blu ray with 10GB to spare.

  21. #19
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,398
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    14,595 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sony should have added killzone liberation to the killzone collection. I never got to finish playing it but it was fun as hell.

    Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

  22. #20
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,361
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    77,293 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I dunno bro they co-own the IP. There are some fatal frames on a Nintendo console like Fatal Frame 4.
    http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30850
    But does this include the past games made on other consoles? Or does it mean just the new Nintendo games being made? It does not really explain anything.

    I hope to got they release the collection on the Wii U then. I bet they could really include some cool stuff with that controller.

  23. #21
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    But does this include the past games made on other consoles? Or does it mean just the new Nintendo games being made? It does not really explain anything.

    I hope to got they release the collection on the Wii U then. I bet they could really include some cool stuff with that controller.
    Honestly i don't understand how it works i think its games from when that started. I do wanna see a collection on the PS/360.

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  24. #22
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,750
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    67,250 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah Nintendo bought the rights to the series recently.

    Also, PS3 BRs are now up to 33GB/66GB, they used to be 25GB/50GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

  25. #23
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,542
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    58,160 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yeah Nintendo bought the rights to the series recently.

    Also, PS3 BRs are now up to 33GB/66GB, they used to be 25GB/50GB.
    Still dosnt explain why Silent hill 4 or the first are not already in the HD collection.

  26. #24
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,947
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    5,500 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Still dosnt explain why Silent hill 4 or the first are not already in the HD collection.
    The first is probably too old, like how Metal Gear Solid wasn't included in the HD collection and we got Peace Walker instead.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

    Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

  27. #25
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,750
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    67,250 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Still dosnt explain why Silent hill 4 or the first are not already in the HD collection.
    Oh absolutely, Konamis Collections have been pathetic which is why I haven't bought any of them. They should have at least put Origins in the SH Collection but they could easily have fit 2, 3, 4 and Origins and maybe Shattered Memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.