Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Happy Birthday Sega Dreamcast!

The Dreamcast is 13 years old released on 9/9/1999 in the US the last Sega Console release first console to introduce online play and one of the best launch line up's in the history of gaming!

Thought I show some love to a true gaming console and have a thread for everyone to share any memories of the dreamcast.

I remember playing powerstone with my 2 brothers and ready to rumble. My younger bro was addicted to playing with the little playing and raise the small choas (I don't remember what they were called) and spending hours playing fantasy star online. The dreamcast was his first gaming system.

Great system even today it holds up if u have never played a dreamcast I suggest you try it out!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

2. Likes Metal King Slime likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Marvel vs Capcom, Resident Evil Code Veronica. Dreamcast was a great system, and most of the games for it looked way better than most Ps2 games.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    DoA,Sonic,Space Channel. Damn good times Happy birthday!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Marvel vs Capcom, Resident Evil Code Veronica. Dreamcast was a great system, and most of the games for it looked way better than most Ps2 games.
    The dreamcast def shaped my little bro in terms of his gaming habits and choice of games he plays now a days. My growing into a gamer happened with the snes.

He plays the $#@! out of marvel vs capcom even till this day (newer versions)

There was a game for the dreacast my bros and I played it was a beatem up one u started on a cruise ship.....I can't remember the name but it was a double dragon type game we group up playing battletoads and double dragon on NES and Snes...

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Found the game I was previously talking about lol

It was simple but fun to play with my brothers also how could I forget about soul caliber! At the time that was the most gorgeous game I've ever seen! Gameplay was perfect!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    *breaks through wall* Did someone say... Sega Dreamcast?!

But yeah, this was an amazing home console. If anything, it had a lot of great games to play: Skies of Arcadia, Phantasy Star Online, Grandia II, Sonic Adventure, Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, Crazy Taxi, Power Stone, ChuChu Rocket... as well as Soul Calibur, Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Soul Reaver.

It just seemed like there was something for everybody and that's what really helped the Sega Dreamcast stand the test of time for me. It's not my favorite home console (see PlayStation 2) but it definitely left a great impression.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 09-09-2012 at 18:01.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    13 years isn't really a milestone is it? Try 15 or 20.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU

Happy Birthday Sega Dreamcast!

Its not however I always remember its release date. When you think about it doesn't feel like 13 years since sega last released a console its a happy birthday thread not a milestone thread lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I miss the Dreamcast, it was a great console that died off way before it should have, I would love to see Sega come back to the console business, they should of held off on the Genesis name since if they ever do decide to come back that would have been the perfect name for the console! Guess we will just have to live with Sega Phoenix...

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Genesis was called Mega Drive in the UK.

I only ever played Soul Calibur which was great and I loved the previous games Soul Blade on PS1 but 1 game wasn't enough to sway me to buy one this time. The only game that ever made me buy a console was Goldeneye and I only ever owned 5 games for the N64

Goldeneye
    Perfect Dark
    MArio
    Zelda
    Rainbow six

So you see I never really got to see its full potential.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-14-2012 at 21:53.

Forum Sage

The most underrated console ever made. I LOVED my little white box. I wish Sega (or anyone for that matter) would bring out another console

BBK. Tapatalking.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    The Dreamcast was a gamers console. Loved that thing.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information