Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style

Battlefield re-release

I had BF3 on 360 when it first released. It was cool, but it was too glitchy and had a stupid respawn system like MW3 to me. But with that said, I sometimes get an itch to play it every now and again. I also wanted to get a taste of that 'free' DLC Back to Kakyland or whatever. So now I've seen that its being released coincidentally tomorrow! And this time I'm going to pick it up on PS3 if I wind up doing it. So my question is... is this a good deal or should I just re-buy used on X360?

BF3 Release link

Thanks for the help and tips

$Greatness$ Awaits™

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    That looks like a good deal to me. The game has gotten a lot better since the recent patches and the DLC is great.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    Well it says you get all 5 expansion packs so that right there might very well be worth it even though I couldn't find a price tag in the article at first glance. Great game but don't know how the online community is holding up, haven't played in months.

Soldier 95B
    BF3 has been a patch nightmare. It has had GB after GB sized patches. That said, it has been for the better. The game is night and day improved since it was released a year ago. As for which version to get, it doesn't really matter, as they have been both performing the same. The PS3 version will get you the new maps a week sooner though.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I think I'll wind up getting it. Might wait till the weekend. Gotta see how I feel tomorrow. Still playing a lot of Madden and sometimes Casual Warfare 3. Thanks for the replies, fellas.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Veteran
    $60 for the Premium edition? totally worth it! I bought BF3 alone like some other did for $60 when it first came out and then $50 extra bucks for Premium so you get all the fun for just $60, you won't regret it because Armored Kill is such a blast.

Master Guru
    The PS3 was the lead platform for Battlefield 3 so i'd go with that version this time around. Plus you get the DLC earlier.

Veteran
    BF 3 on the PS3 is nice. So easy to get into quick matches, rush or conquest. Weapons fire is good. The graphics aren't PC quality but they are really good with good draw distances.

But I would rather see a Bad Company 3 than another Battlefield.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    The PS3 was the lead platform for Battlefield 3 so i'd go with that version this time around. Plus you get the DLC earlier.
    By a week only lmao

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Another question I had is are the online servers populated by private host? I know a lot of people said it was hard to find official servers on 360 as of late. And I don't want to be playing a game by some host who thinks we should be in that one game mode for 4 hours.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Another question I had is are the online servers populated by private host? I know a lot of people said it was hard to find official servers on 360 as of late. And I don't want to be playing a game by some host who thinks we should be in that one game mode for 4 hours.
    There's a server browser and after each game you can back out and choose a different server.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Despite recently stating that they had put more official servers out on the Xbox 360 there is still a very limited amount. It feels like there are 10% official 90% unofficial. That is out of experience though, maybe others have found otherwise.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Plenty of servers to choose from on PS3 at least.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Darn, I should have waited since the friend I was going to play this game with has barely played this at all and I have been busy with other games.

Anyway, the multiplayer is definitely improved, though there are some big issues with the server browser mainly the lack of proper filters, so for example if you want to play rush only with 100% tickets(like me), then you will be spending very long time trying to find such server.
    The game badly needs filters for tickets, and the filter for servers that have only one game mode (and only PC version has this filter).
    Due to the lack of such filters, you will most of the time be forced to play what others are playing, and if you don't like it, then Dice sais FU.
    It is still not as bad as Killzone 2 server browser, but its not far off.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Son of a $#@! I just bought it used £20 I might try and take it back say its not working and could I possibly pay extra £20 towards Premium version

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Wrong. Again...

PC was obviously the lead platform.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    60 bux for the game and Premium is a good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    Darn, I should have waited since the friend I was going to play this game with has barely played this at all and I have been busy with other games.

Anyway, the multiplayer is definitely improved, though there are some big issues with the server browser mainly the lack of proper filters, so for example if you want to play rush only with 100% tickets(like me), then you will be spending very long time trying to find such server.
    The game badly needs filters for tickets, and the filter for servers that have only one game mode (and only PC version has this filter).
    Due to the lack of such filters, you will most of the time be forced to play what others are playing, and if you don't like it, then Dice sais FU.
    It is still not as bad as Killzone 2 server browser, but its not far off.
    PC versions doesn't have ticket filter either I just checked despite it being requested multiple times but what it does have is lots of what I think are useless filters "idle time before kick" for example.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-12-2012 at 08:07.

Thread Information