PSN ID
    Nollictitan

What can the next Generation really do??

I’ve been thinking about this lately and what can the next generation actually do? Every generation can improve graphics, because pretty games are great. But as rumors say they might have single use codes for games making them not able to be played as pre-owned, if this were to happen then companies like GameStop and Game-Fly would get hit hard and if they have to close Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo will get hit hard as well.

Sony – I believe Sony has an upper-hand in the next gen market. First of all the internal charging battery in the controllers is HUGE. Those batteries per charge last longer than the 360’s battery packs and per life time way out-live the battery packs themselves. With the PS3 controllers costing $54.99, against the xb360 controllers without the battery pack costs $49.99 and with the battery pack and the charge cord costs $64.99. So Sony wins that battle. Second Sony has the Blu-Ray which is colossally better than the DVD or the HD-DVD, in both space and durability. And finally the free online, Microsoft may have a better online network but they pay for it. More than people know. If you buy XBOX Live 12 months at a time you pay $59.99 which pays for the PS3 in 4 Years and if you buy it in 3 month cards it’ll cost you $100 a year so you’re PS3 will pay for its self in 2.5 Years. So PS3 is free online and if they stay that way for the next generation but have the option for a paid membership like the PLUS would give people the choice.

Microsoft – Has work to do, but they have a very solid product. First of all they need to have more options for memory not just the 4GB then jump to 250 or 320GB. They need a 75 or 120 GB so offer a system for every budget. Next they NEED to get a different software setup. How much money has been wasted to resurface or repurchase games, caused by people knocking over system or jarring systems causing rings to be burned into disks? And finally, they NEED to find a way to make a system that doesn’t ever heat. Every Xbox system since the original they over heated and the fans were so loud. Even the new “slim” Xbox360 has some over-heating problems.

Nintendo – Don’t even get me started on them… I in no way shape or form see the Wii-U as a next gen system; it’s a current gen system that way late to the party. The Wii was an unbelievably remarkable success. They pitched the Wii to kids, families, elderly, and people who want to get into shape. And that exactly who bought it making it a HUGE success. But now the Wii-U is trying to get the hardcore gamers to convert but its way to late. People are trading the Wii to get the PS3 or the Xbox360 not the other way around. Hard core gamers want to sit down with a controller and shoot, kill, beat, fight, race, fix, or do whatever they can to get their fix. Not jump, dance, or move otherwise, we’d join a gym.

The next gen is coming we know some things they can improve on and rumors of what is coming. What do you thing should be done in the next generation?
    NollicTitan

Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'd like to see a larger focus on JRPGs for home consoles and less on the same old cookie-cutter military shooter. More open world games, more emphasis on dynamic environments and intelligent A.I.

No more premature announcements from big-name development studios like Square Enix and Rockstar Games (Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Agent, respectively) to try and one-up the competition at E3.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 09-11-2012 at 03:41.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Bring different ways on howw we interact with the game by introducing new playing concepts. I'm not really going to get into what
    each company is doing we have a thread for that. Looks like microsoft has ideas based on "leaked" documents.

Would like to see more rpg's. As previously mentioned. More original IP's. More empathize on gameplay also more interaction between home consoles and portables.

Looking forward to how the Wii U is going to interact with my 3ds should know soon enough.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSN ID
    Nollictitan
    I agree they need to bring out other ideas for games and not the same ole' same ole' but JRPG's are just one part of gaming granted the people who are into JRPG's are some of the most hardcore gamers, what about all the people who want an new horror or hack and slash or a new idea for a military shooter, or something completely original like Last of Us. Exclusives that got PS3 known were God of War, Resistance, Motorstorm, Uncharted all of these games have no competition for they type of game they are... We NEED more of this.
    NollicTitan

PSN ID
    Nollictitan
    I do understand that people want to have more so they can connect their mobile systems with their home system, and hand held gaming is a HUGE market that is growing. I don't have and or want a mobile system. So what can the next Gen bring to me and all the other hardcore gamers who only want the system in their living room?
    NollicTitan

Master Poster

Quote Originally Posted by NollicTitan View Post
    I’ve been thinking about this lately and what can the next generation actually do? Every generation can improve graphics, because pretty games are great. But as rumors say they might have single use codes for games making them not able to be played as pre-owned, if this were to happen then companies like GameStop and Game-Fly would get hit hard and if they have to close Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo will get hit hard as well.

Something like one time use codes will be eased in, it's more likely you'll see things go digital with your games locked to your username.

Sony – I believe Sony has an upper-hand in the next gen market. First of all the internal charging battery in the controllers is HUGE. Those batteries per charge last longer than the 360’s battery packs and per life time way out-live the battery packs themselves. With the PS3 controllers costing $54.99, against the xb360 controllers without the battery pack costs $49.99 and with the battery pack and the charge cord costs $64.99. So Sony wins that battle.
    That is the most asinine comment regarding sony having an upper hand for next-gen I've heard
    It's a non factor nobody even has to talk about batter packs for controllers.

Second Sony has the Blu-Ray which is colossally better than the DVD or the HD-DVD, in both space and durability.
    We don't know for sure what disc format MS will use for their next-gen system. It most likely won't be DVD, And any other high density format like an HD-DVD will compare to Blu-ray.
    Blu-ray isn't some god send format that's "colossally better" than anything else.

And finally the free online, Microsoft may have a better online network but they pay for it. More than people know. If you buy XBOX Live 12 months at a time you pay $59.99 which pays for the PS3 in 4 Years and if you buy it in 3 month cards it’ll cost you $100 a year so you’re PS3 will pay for its self in 2.5 Years. So PS3 is free online and if they stay that way for the next generation but have the option for a paid membership like the PLUS would give people the choice.
    Don't dismiss MS and live payments only to say that you would like Sony to offer a paid membership for choice.
    I doubt Sony will put themselves in the same position they have found themselves in right now.
    For Next gen in general I think your going to see some changes to subscription models and payment options for services.

Microsoft – Has work to do, but they have a very solid product. First of all they need to have more options for memory not just the 4GB then jump to 250 or 320GB. They need a 75 or 120 GB so offer a system for every budget.
    MS offers a wide selection of HDD sizes do I don't know where your getting your facts from
    4 16 20 60 120 250 320 are all available as storage options. I can understand if you wanted the option to use your own HDD no matter the size instead of the proprietary locked options... But even then you can get creative and link your PC for media.

Next they NEED to get a different software setup. How much money has been wasted to resurface or repurchase games, caused by people knocking over system or jarring systems causing rings to be burned into disks? And finally, they NEED to find a way to make a system that doesn’t ever heat. Every Xbox system since the original they over heated and the fans were so loud. Even the new “slim” Xbox360 has some over-heating problems.
    I think you mean Hardware setup. Heat issues fan/disc noise issues have been addressed with the slim systems
    I think that's lesson learned for MS and I wouldn't expect those issues at least not as widespread for their next console launch.

Nintendo – Don’t even get me started on them… I in no way shape or form see the Wii-U as a next gen system; it’s a current gen system that way late to the party.
    I think that's a very short sighted and stubborn opinion you have of Nintendo. We don't know what exactly Wii-U will offer for next gen. I think you already see Nintendo making an impact on next gen with the second screen and asymmetric gameplay elements. It's something MS and Sony are keeping a close eye on and will be quick to follow. Just like we saw MS and Sony do late this generation. why, because you say it

The Wii was an unbelievably remarkable success.
    Exactly, maybe you should rethink your position on the Wii-U and the impact Nintendo has on this industry

They pitched the Wii to kids, families, elderly, and people who want to get into shape. And that exactly who bought it making it a HUGE success. But now the Wii-U is trying to get the hardcore gamers to convert but its way to late. People are trading the Wii to get the PS3 or the Xbox360 not the other way around. Hard core gamers want to sit down with a controller and shoot, kill, beat, fight, race, fix, or do whatever they can to get their fix. Not jump, dance, or move otherwise, we’d join a gym.
    Nintendo has said they want to appeal to that 'core' audience. There is no reason to doubt they can come through with that and it just becomes a wait see aproch for those fence sitters.

The next gen is coming we know some things they can improve on and rumors of what is coming. What do you thing should be done in the next generation?
    Last edited by maltrophstitan; 09-12-2012 at 01:23.

PSN ID
    Nollictitan
    I didn't wan to upset anyone with this OPINION based post... I just wanted to say how I feel about what the next Gen can so. I see and respect all opposing statements.
    NollicTitan

Power Member
    I'd like to see some insane open world games. Think Skyrim or GTA on steroids.

The power that next generation specs will provide developers with a huge amount of creative possibilities imo.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post

The power that next generation specs will provide developers with a huge amount of creative possibilities imo.
    This.

Not only with sheer space, but I'd like them to be more interactive as well.

No point making them bigger if you can't do much in them.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post

I want Raccoon City in open world, with all the details of R6 or Remake if you prefer
    I want to take off from RCP and fly over Raccoon City to find Bravo Team
    I want to walk through the woods and stubble across the house, and the detail of what you would expect the house to look like Nextgen be there, and then I should be able to go back to the city by simply going out the door and walking or driving etc, and everything in RE2 will be there and more in stunning detail, the police station every building can be explored, no watered down openworld graphics
    no load screens just continuous jaw dropping detail as far as the eye can see
    Thats what I want

Btw RE is just a example

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 09-17-2012 at 03:15.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information