Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    So do we actually know or think this is on par with the ps3/360 or does it surpass it?

Anywho, i have pre-ordered both, bit expensive, but will decide closer to the time whether i cancel the premium or basic bundle.
    It's more powerful, but not by much seems to be general consensus. Premium seems to be the best deal.

And for the record it's not a tablet. Is the Vita a tablet? The Wii U pad has the same inputs as the Vita, minus the touchscreen on the back.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So the game pad is a VITA? Lmao...jk

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Technical Advisor
    Wow only 30million sales Mynd? Daaaamn.

So what do you think the blowback will be for Nintendo then?
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    So do we actually know or think this is on par with the ps3/360 or does it surpass it?

Anywho, i have pre-ordered both, bit expensive, but will decide closer to the time whether i cancel the premium or basic bundle.
    This isn't directed personally at you, but I don't know why people still think it isn't more powerful than the ps360.

Driving the same games as ps360 in HD on TWO SCREENS makes it more powerful by default

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Wow only 30million sales Mynd? Daaaamn.

So what do you think the blowback will be for Nintendo then?
    If they are profiting from each hardware unit sold then None....

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    If they are profiting from each hardware unit sold then None....
    Not so sure I agree with that assessment. Even if they profit off of each one, 30 million isn't what I'd call massive growth for a company..

Especially if those sales take place over the entirety of the 'next generation'- that's pretty downright terrible. That isn't enough to keep Nintendo rolling.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    And for the record it's not a tablet. Is the Vita a tablet? The Wii U pad has the same inputs as the Vita, minus the touchscreen on the back.

It's a tablet. Period.

Inputs are irrelevant, what makes a tablet a tablet is simply screen size. The Wii U controller is a tablet sized screen, so it's a tablet.

If inputs or features made any difference than an iPad would not be considered a tablet either, since it's nothing more than a big screen iPhone or iPod Touch.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Awww was that nintendo trolling comment for me... That's so adorable and typical of someone that uneducated in how business works =)

Well again this is all based on assumptions also how you view "success" the very fundamentals of business is to make a profit if nintendo makes a profit on 30 million then its a success for them. Obviously they want to sell the most consoles in the next gen. If they profit day 1 from hardware units they will recoup R&D and maketing cost within the first year of release while it would take MS and Sony 2 to 3 years to break even then make profits.

Sony and MS have the same business logic they also have the money to back up those initial loses.

So pretty much it comes down to what you define it as a success which is a question I already posted and gotten no answer from anyone..

If I had to assume I'd say Wii U sells 65 to 70 million lifetime. I don't see the next gen outselling this gen with the console market expected to go away with cloud gaming. So I expect no growth for anyone one of the Big 3 companies success to me this time around if going to come down to overall profit. Its not fanboy shit I'm not saying nintendo is gonna OWN everything what I'm saying is the Wii U can be profitable and can be a success its a business thing =)

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Technical Advisor
    Awww was that nintendo trolling comment for me... That's so adorable and typical of someone that uneducated in how business works =)

Well again this is all based on assumptions also how you view "success" the very fundamentals of business is to make a profit if nintendo makes a profit on 30 million then its a success for them. Obviously they want to sell the most consoles in the next gen. If they profit day 1 from hardware units they will recoup R&D and maketing cost within the first year of release while it would take MS and Sony 2 to 3 years to break even then make profits.

Sony and MS have the same business logic they also have the money to back up those initial loses.

So pretty much it comes down to what you define it as a success which is a question I already posted and gotten no answer from anyone..

If I had to assume I'd say Wii U sells 65 to 70 million lifetime. I don't see the next gen outselling this gen with the console market expected to go away with cloud gaming. So I expect no growth for anyone one of the Big 3 companies success to me this time around if going to come down to overall profit. Its not fanboy shit I'm not saying nintendo is gonna OWN everything what I'm saying is the Wii U can be profitable and can be a success its a business thing =)
    Except that I'm not trolling. I don't understand how selling only 30 million (providing Mynd is correct) over the course of some 7 or so years is considered a 'success'. Compared to the immense financial success of the Wii this would be a regress for Nintendo, not overall net growth.

If this thing sold 30 or so million in its life time I can promise you this would absolutely fail to meet their hoped for projection of sales which would have very large business implications.

Sony and MS also have different goals than Nintendo. For instance look at the PS3, what was its major accomplishment that can't be ignored? It helped secure BluRay as the industry standard. That's... Big. That's a big deal.

For MS? They certainly became profitable before Sony, but they've also been successful at leveraging the 360's robust online platform to deliver content and serve as a media hub in the living room. Naturally Sony has been trying to do this as well.

And both companies are leveraging their presence in the living room to help consolidate their other branches and services. Like the rumor of the next Xbox having a deep relationship with Windows 8, Sony using "SEN", etc etc.

The Wii can't even play a DVD movie (without hacking). It can at least do Netflix though.

"Success" is different for each company. But given Nintendo's prolific relationship with 'success' 30m would probably not be seen quite as much of a 'success' in their eyes and more of a failure and warning for the next time around.

They're trying to capture the casual and core gaming markets with this device. They succeeded (clearly) with the Wii and DS, but this time around the playing field is extremely different and they've probably missed the mark by several years.

The Wii has, to date, sold almost 100 million units. So going to under a third of this amount for the next gen is probably not gonna sit too well with them. You're talking Xbox 1 level of sales.

Also, you holding a business degree over my head like it means something is kind of pathetic imo. If I had a dime for every guy I know that has or is getting a business degree...
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 09-17-2012 at 18:03.

10. Likes YoungMullah88 wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Lads come on, lets not start more in fighting, ive really had enough of members back and forth at each other lately. Where is the love?!

anywho, im just curious has to how powerful this is.......i mean, new tech...it has to be right......? But i dont see (from the vids ive seen) it being a ps4 or 720 killer?

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

PSU Technical Advisor
    It's not hard to see man, this thing won't be anywhere remotely close to the other new consoles. It's all old tech. Off the shelf parts that are years old. 1GB of RAM.

Imo, Xbox 360 x 1.5

It won't be anything to write home about:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-wii-u-really

""It's comparable to the current generation and a bit more powerful than that."
    It will probably be enticing up until the next generation players hit, then it will look old hat.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 09-17-2012 at 18:17.

13. Likes 33x wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Except that I'm not trolling. I don't understand how selling only 30 million (providing Mynd is correct) over the course of some 7 or so years is considered a 'success'. Compared to the immense financial success of the Wii this would be a regress for Nintendo, not overall net growth.

If this thing sold 30 or so million in its life time I can promise you this would absolutely fail to meet their hoped for projection of sales which would have very large business implications.

Sony and MS also have different goals than Nintendo. For instance look at the PS3, what was its major accomplishment that can't be ignored? It helped secure BluRay as the industry standard. That's... Big. That's a big deal.

For MS? They certainly became profitable before Sony, but they've also been successful at leveraging the 360's robust online platform to deliver content and serve as a media hub in the living room. Naturally Sony has been trying to do this as well.

And both companies are leveraging their presence in the living room to help consolidate their other branches and services. Like the rumor of the next Xbox having a deep relationship with Windows 8, Sony using "SEN", etc etc.

The Wii can't even play a DVD movie (without hacking). It can at least do Netflix though.

"Success" is different for each company. But given Nintendo's prolific relationship with 'success' 30m would probably not be seen quite as much of a 'success' in their eyes and more of a failure and warning for the next time around.
    So your basing this on it selling 30 million? I'm not. I basing this one the concept of a profit and expected market trends for console manufactures. I know it maybe hard for you to understand given the fact you continue to use "trolling" like its applicable to this discussion.

It just gets annoying seeing nintendo bashed when they sell the most consoles and make the biggest profit. Usually people 25 and under that came into gaming in the PS1 era have this misguided view of nintendo and have no idea of the history of the industry they claim to be a fan of its laughable and sad at the same time. If this offends you then your that type of person lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    I wasn't aware tablets had buttons??? Shiggity lol...

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Dude, did you not just see my post?! lol

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Dude, did you not just see my post?! lol
    No......I was posting while u posted it....

Don't worry I love everyone on PSU dranks on me!!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Technical Advisor
    Oook then.

Well, the good news is leading up to and after the next generation hits PC gaming and higher end graphic technologies will finally get some much needed love. Like DX11 and tessellation >
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 09-17-2012 at 18:35.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    No......I was posting while u posted it....

Don't worry I love everyone on PSU dranks on me!!!
    Dude, its cool, im all for free speech etc, but i just dont wanna see people but heads and end up getting reporting!

AND FUCK YOUR DRINKS, IM TAKING EVERYONE TO STRIP JOINT!

PSU Technical Advisor
    You needn't worry man, I'm not gonna report him. I don't often do that.

Besides, everyone here is being civil. ^_^

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Then im out bitches!! (jessie breaking bad)

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    You needn't worry man, I'm not gonna report him. I don't often do that.

Besides, everyone here is being civil. ^_^
    Everyone is being adults we can all agree to disagree. Lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    It's a tablet. Period.

Inputs are irrelevant, what makes a tablet a tablet is simply screen size. The Wii U controller is a tablet sized screen, so it's a tablet.

If inputs or features made any difference than an iPad would not be considered a tablet either, since it's nothing more than a big screen iPhone or iPod Touch.
    Actually they're not irrevelant. Ask yourself: what do all tablets have in common? Besides the size of them, they are touchscreen only. I don't see any kind of sticks or buttons on them, do you? The inputs make a world of difference in how one plays a game. Tablets aren't good for gaming in the long run.(And I'm talking how you play with them. I'm not saying that tablets are ruining/will ruin gaming) They just aren't practical. And how is the I Pad any different than the other tablets?

It's not hard to see man, this thing won't be anywhere remotely close to the other new consoles. It's all old tech. Off the shelf parts that are years old. 1GB of RAM.

Imo, Xbox 360 x 1.5

It won't be anything to write home about:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-wii-u-really

It will probably be enticing up until the next generation players hit, then it will look old hat.
    But that's the thing: We don't know anything about Sony and MS's next systems. How is anyone so sure that there is going to be a huge leap in their systems? Yes there are rumors, blah blah blah. But there were rumors that the Wii U was weaker than the current gen systems is all I'm saying. Nothing is concrete as far as I know. If there have been any on the record accounts from some developer(s), then I retract my statement. But for all we know, there may not be a huge jump in terms of tech next gen. Although the PS3 helped established Blu-Ray, Sony still took huge losses for making it with the latest tech. Are we so sure they're going to do the same thing again?
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

PSU Technical Advisor
    One of the top guys at Sony had this to say:

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/so...i-u.452531362/

"Hey, have a quick question. A friend says that WiiU will be more powerful than PS4...yes PS4. He really said that. What is your take?"

"Let him dream." Shuhei Yoshida, President of Worldwide Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment.
    We're also getting leaks about the Durango SDK (next Xbox) and in general the stuff they're saying is it's pretty beefy.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    It wouldnt make much sense for the next generation of consoles to not be much more powerful than the WiiU though, while remaining affordable, of course (no 599 lol). Being much more powerful than the WiiU will be something the other two will want consumers to acknowledge

I doubt they'll want to compete with Nintendo who are experienced in the field of old hardware - big profits. They'll do their own thing and flaunt features, servies and network

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

So if the Wii U tech demo is like this:

What will be the actual game going by nintendo's trend

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Damn Zelda HD is gonna be awesome....the tech demo looks great those old N64 demos looks so weird lmao I remember the Mario Kart one lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information