Soldier 95B

Splinter Cell Blacklist Official Thread

Release Date: March 2013 (leaked)

Platform: Xbox 360, PC, PS3

Overview

The United States has a military presence in two thirds of the countries around the world. A group of 12 have had enough and initiate a terror ultimatum called the Blacklist – a deadly countdown of escalating terrorist attacks on US interests. Sam Fisher is the leader of the newly formed Fourth Echelon unit: a clandestine unit that answers solely to the President of the United States. Sam and his team must hunt down these terrorists by any means necessary, and stop the Blacklist countdown before it reaches zero.

Key Features

Operate without Restrictions

Sam is back in his tactical suit and goggles, and he’s more deadly than ever. He is the only secret operative with the power to act above the law, and uses ruthless methods to interrogate enemies in order to extract crucial information that will prevent the next Blacklist attack. Pursuing the terrorists to the far reaches of the world, Sam flies from exotic locales to US cities as he races against the clock to find out who’s behind the Blacklist. Thrilling gameplay is enhanced by full motion performance capture, creating a highly cinematic experience.

Kill in Motion

Always one step ahead, Killing in Motion lets Sam strike with lethal precision by marking and executing multiple enemies in one fluid motion. Active Sprint allows him to traverse the environment easily and fluidly, climb walls and leap over barriers in order to reach his next target while on the move.

Unleash the power of Fourth Echelon Prototypes

Infiltrate terrorist cells by using new gadgets such as the upgraded snake cam and micro tri-rotor drone which allows Sam to scout ahead, mark targets remotely, distract enemies, or explode with frag grenade force. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Blacklist™ is also bringing back fan-favorites like the sticky shocker, and for close quarters combat, players can wield the curved and brutal Karambit knife.

Build a New Echelon

With a mandate directly from the president, Sam is building a whole new Echelon unit; his team, his way. Anna “Grim” Grimsdottir is his technical operations manager, CIA operative Isaac Briggs brings additional firepower, and resident hacker Charlie Cole rounds out his support crew. Fourth Echelon is a fully mobile ops unit with unlimited resources and cutting-edge technology aboard the repurposed stealth airliner, the Paladin.

Enjoy a Fully Integrated Experience

Sam and his team are aware of terrorist attacks in real time thanks to the Strategic Mission Interface (SMI). The SMI allows the team to receive data about mission objectives while on the move. Players can earn money for completing missions and objectives and buy upgraded weapons and items from the SMI hub aboard the Paladin.

FOLLOW SPLINTER CELL BLACKLIST ON FACE BOOK

FOLLOW SPLINTER CELL BLACKLIST ON TWITTER

You Tube Videos of Splinter Cell Blacklist (pre-release footage)

Game Play Demo E3 2012 - HD

Extend Walk Through

Play Through - Ghost Style

Blacklist Q&A 1

Blacklist Q&A 2

Kinect Support

Screenshots

Apprentice

That's a whole lot of great info! Good thread. I plan on buying the PS3 version of the game, would you know if there will be a separate thread on the PS3 board or will this be the main thread for all versions of the game?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    360 version for me like most multiplats.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by shhhwing! View Post
    That's a whole lot of great info! Good thread. I plan on buying the PS3 version of the game, would you know if there will be a separate thread on the PS3 board or will this be the main thread for all versions of the game?
    Thanks! I have no idea about other threads. Feel free to discuss any version here!

Soldier 95B
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist aims to take Conviction's promise to the next level and then some

"I'm not going to go into the whole story," says Splinter Cell: Blacklist creative director Maxime Béland during an interview with Joystiq at PAX 2012, "but Conviction was kind of a rescue job for me." As the last game in the Splinter Cell series (that also served as a more action-oriented reboot), Conviction ended up doing fairly well at retail. But Béland says that he and another producer were "brought in because it wasn't going well. We changed the direction and kind of shipped the game in two years. So Conviction is very sweet and sour for me."

Soon after Conviction's release, Béland says he and his team sat down to put together a spreadsheet, going through over 80 reviews of the game and marking out what features were most mentioned, and which were most positively or negatively received. The black-and-white graphics during gameplay weren't well liked, so this past E3 when Béland announced Blacklist, one of the first things he said was that black-and-white was out.

Players felt the single-player part of Conviction "was too short, and the scope of the game wasn't big enough," so growing the world of Sam Fisher has become a priority for Blacklist. And the least-liked feature of Blacklist? Fans really missed the spy vs. mercs competitive gameplay mode. That's why for Blacklist, it's implemented right back in there. "Easiest decision of my life," says Béland.

onviction wasn't all bad. Béland calls it a "stepping stone," and says it set a more action-oriented tone for Sam's stealthy adventures that fans responded to well. But the goal with Blacklist isn't necessarily to go further. Béland wants Blacklist to incorporate both kinds of playstyles, and more.

"We have these three player profiles, player archetypes in our heads," he says. "We have the ghost player, that doesn't want to kill or get detected. We've got our action/tank/killer player on the other end of the spectrum, that just wants to throw frag grenades, blind fire, shoot people in the head. And then in the middle, we have what we call the panther." The panther is what Béland calls "clean, tactical" action: Not full stealth, but smooth and quiet action gameplay. "So we're building the game with those three archetypes in mind."

Ubisoft Toronto will make sure all three player types are covered in a few ways. First, Sam's equipment is upgradeable in Blacklist for the first time, and every time you change out one of the five things he's wearing, the game will change as well. Wearing a certain gadget, for example, might make your guns more powerful (leaning towards the action side of things), or make you quieter while moving around (for stealth). "So you're really going to be able to mix and match different parts of suits to make your own Sam," promises Béland.

And the team is also planning to create very different approaches to the same situations - Béland's already shown that in the E3 trailer that features a more action-oriented approach, and then in the ghost trailer released a little while ago that's focused on stealth. The team is planning to make sure that at any time during the game, players can choose their own paths, and the chosen tactics will work either way.

Béland won't guarantee, however, that stealth junkies will make it through the game without killing anyone. "I'm not going to tell you, but I know exactly how many moments you're not going to be able to play stealth," he says. There will certainly be times in the story where Sam's tale takes precedence over any narrative the player's trying to put together. But Béland also understands that players want to play, not watch a movie. "We've minimized those as much as possible."

Béland does confirm, as well, that though his voice and appearance will change in Blacklist, this is the same Sam we've known all along. "The game takes place about six months after Conviction," he says. At the end of the last chapter, Sam didn't seem too inclined to go back into government work, but Béland says the team has come up with an appropriately personal crisis to get him back into the swing of things. "You're going to see in the first half hour of the game where it's not just the President coming to Sam and saying 'I need your help yet again' ... We've made it very personal for Sam."

There may be more Splinter Cell on the way as well - through the disapproving looks of the PR person in the room, Béland teased that "we're going to be also doing some exciting stuff in the gap between the two that's outside of the game," so there may be some tie-in material coming soon.

And then when the game finally releases, Béland says he's doing his best to really pull Blacklist together, and create an experience that captures what fans have loved and fixes what fans have hated about this series in the past. "We're making a much bigger singleplayer story, co-op, spies vs mercs," he promises. "And blurring the lines between all of these modes, I think, is going to make this a huge game."

6. Likes Sub-stance1 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I loved SC conviction and this one looks like it will be much better.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Thanks! I have no idea about other threads. Feel free to discuss any version here!
    Awesome man, thanks for welcoming all of us!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I must say it looks like fun to play. I got Conviction for like, $9 and although I thought it was pretty mindless and I didn't care for the story, it was fun.

I'll get this eventually. I really liked the pick your targets and execution gameplay

Super Elite
    I love Tom Clancy games. Does anybody know when this game will be released?
    Last edited by MacP; 09-14-2012 at 18:04.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Soldier 95B
    Splinter Cell Blacklist will give Sam back his Fifth Freedom

Looks like Sam Fisher is back to his usual ways. Today Ubisoft has released a new trailer for Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Sam has gained a powerful ally since his last outing.

The trailer shows Sam in all sorts of sticky situations but one scene has our hero talking to the President of the United States and she is giving him his Fifth Freedom status back. For the uninitiated the Fifth Freedom is like the Splinter Cell version of having “00″ status. You can break all the laws you want as long as your doing so to protect the United States.

Interesting of note in this trailer is the motion capture work being showed off. Ubisoft Toronto the developers of Blacklist announced a huge motion capture studio earlier this month and we are starting to see some of the results of that work. Ubisoft Toronto is a new studio in the Ubisoft family and Blacklist is the first game they are making.

Read more http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/201...?doing_wp_cron

Sam Fisher is back for more, $#@!es!
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 09-26-2012 at 17:01.

Super Elite
    Holy $#@! can't wait. Is this available for the PS3 as well?
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Holy $#@! can't wait. Is this available for the PS3 as well?
    Read the op, or if ya lazy "yes it is"

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Soldier 95B
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist offers a lesson in sneaking up on people

The art of sneaking up on people in the dark requires refinement, practice and a studious mind. Take a minute today to brush up on your sneaking skills, with a video of Sam Fisher demo-ing the latest techniques in Splinter Cell: Blacklist.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/13/sp...g-up-on-peopl/

15. Likes MjW likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist dev diary examines the art o' choke

In this latest Splinter Cell: Blacklist developer diary, stuntman and combat consultant Kevin Secours puts some of his best choke holds and close-quarters combat maneuvers to use. These moves should come in handy the next time we're trying to get information on the next Xbox.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Let me choke HIM!!!!

Soldier 95B
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist shoots for August 20

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/16/sp...for-august-20/

Splinter Cell: Blacklist is shooting to retailers for PS3, Xbox 360 (with Kinect support) and PC on August 20, Ubisoft announced today.

Blacklist is available for pre-order starting today. Orders from GameStop, Best Buy and Amazon snag the same lineup of bonus content: The Dead Coast co-op map, Upper Echelon suit and gold sonar goggles. Pre-orders from Uplay get undetermined "exclusive bonus content."

Splinter Cell: Blacklist, the first game in the series to be developed by Ubisoft Toronto, previously held a spring 2013 release window.
    So much for a spring release . So no Rainbow Six this spring either? Is everything moving to the Xbox 3/PS4 in fall?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Mynd called it right. Looks like it will be a next gen title.

Master Sage
    Where does it say anything about Blacklist being next-gen? The article clearly states a Fall release for PC, PS3 and X360 - no next-gen consoles are even hinted at.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Where does it say anything about Blacklist being next-gen? The article clearly states a Fall release for PC, PS3 and X360 - no next-gen consoles are even hinted at.
    It doesn't say that. We were just speculating. The article says those platforms but that can change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    So much for a spring release . So no Rainbow Six this spring either? Is everything moving to the Xbox 3/PS4 in fall?
    DOH! Oh well, I guess I can use the time to catch up on my backlog. Fall is gonna be PACKED, at least we'll have "food stored up for the winter".

UPDATE: Looks like they are starting to release a lot more information on the game since the reelase date was announced. The facebook page has lots of new info since last week. The highlights section has links to at least 5 or 6 new articles:

https://www.facebook.com/splintercell
    Last edited by shhhwing!; 02-04-2013 at 23:43. Reason: add links to info on game

Apprentice

Hi all! I wanted to go to PAX East but couldn't. Figured there would probably be some footage out by now so I searched and found a nice long (17 + minutes) offscreen video of game play Enjoy:

SPOILERS!! WARNING!!! ONLY WATCH IF YOU DON'T CARE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWy0KW7iN6U

Apprentice

Time to revive this old thread for some Spies VS Mercs info.

Video:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/4...-mercs-trailer

Article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...spies-vs-mercs

Discuss

Thread Information