Master Poster
    PSN ID
    King_Mathers

NHL 13 Hitting Slider

For NHL 12 I made custom players max height, weight and sliders maxed out and the hitting was very awesome and entertaining. In this game, did the same, my guys dont drop anybody anymore. Even with sliders maxed, I go to nail guys into the boards, Im the one who ends up on his ass. This is all offline BTW. What can I do?
    PSN: King_Mathers | XBL GT: Gymkhana King

Playstation 4 | XBOX 360

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by play_b3yond_313 View Post
    For NHL 12 I made custom players max height, weight and sliders maxed out and the hitting was very awesome and entertaining. In this game, did the same, my guys dont drop anybody anymore. Even with sliders maxed, I go to nail guys into the boards, Im the one who ends up on his ass. This is all offline BTW. What can I do?
    Learn to play hockey... won't require ridiculous "sliders" manipulated.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    King_Mathers
    That doesn't answer my question what so ever. Thanks.

So me lining up a guy to hit him, I nail him into the boards and I fall means I should learn to play hockey? Okay.

Playstation 4 | XBOX 360

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That doesn't answer my question what so ever. Thanks.

So me lining up a guy to hit him, I nail him into the boards and I fall means I should learn to play hockey? Okay.
    I thought you meant that you needed advice so as to not require sliders. It did answer your question. If there is something more specific you wanted answered, it wasn't in the first question.

Anyways... probably need to take a look at WHO you're hitting, etc. They might have refined the game a little more compared to last year.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    King_Mathers
    I'm just perplexed, when I played the demo, with regular players but maxed hitting slider, people were falling all over the place. Now the same setting, with 6'9" 270lb guys, nobody falls down. Maybe perhaps has to do with momentum of players needed for bigger hits?

Playstation 4 | XBOX 360

Apprentice

It's supposed to be more realistic. I played hockey all my life, and obviously watch on TV all the time now. The number of huge hits per game is probably well under 5. So this is more like real hockey it sounds like. I know I liked nailing guys all the time in previous NHL games, but everyone was asking for "more realistic" so this is what you get.

Mind you I haven't played the game yet, but from what I have read/heard, realism is the issue here. So get used to it basically.
    I love my PS3, but I'm ready for the PS4!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    King_Mathers
    I should post the videos of me going to nail a guy but I bounce off him and fall on my ass...realism. Right. When a 6'9" 270lb guy crunches you into the board you're supposed to die, not shrug it off and he falls

Playstation 4 | XBOX 360

Apprentice

I should post the videos of me going to nail a guy but I bounce off him and fall on my ass...realism. Right. When a 6'9" 270lb guy crunches you into the board you're supposed to die, not shrug it off and he falls
    Hey I would rather have huge hits too, but people cried for realism all year, so this is what you get. Obv a 6'9 270 guy would crush anyone in real hockey, lol, so I don't know what to say about that.
    I love my PS3, but I'm ready for the PS4!

Superior Member
    My assumption is that in the new physics in NHL13 a player that large takes a while to get up to enough speed to floor a guy. Try taking a longer run at the opponents with the sprint held down and really time the check button. That said, I haven't played 13 yet. Good luck.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    King_Mathers
    That seems to be the case. With the moment thing now added you can easily body people from a stand still. But I still find it ridiculous that a 270lb guy drops himself when going for a hit.

Playstation 4 | XBOX 360

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy X
    For a Canadian, you seem to have a poor grasp of hockey. You're trying to use a guy who isn't hockey shape. You expect a guy bigger than everyone in the NHL to just destroy people? For perspective, Chara is 6'9 and 250ish while Tyler Myers is 6'8 and 230. They're phenomenal athletes. I'm willing to bet your created guy has $#@! for balance, coupled with the fact that he's just too tall and heavy and the new momentum and realism added in the game and you've got a guy who can't hit. What you're essentially complaining about is that you can't make an unrealistic player anymore and you're mad. Suck it up or go back to NHL 12.

Thread Information