Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Details and screens for Insomniac's new game, Fuse

Fuse, the shooter from Insomniac and previously known as Overstrike, has had its embargo veil lifted and various sits have gone live with information.

In the game, Fuse is an alien energy source located deep within a classified government facility. It is about to fall into nefarious hands, so the CIA has called in Overstrike 9 to thwart the theft by a rogue paramilitary organization called Raven.

Overstrike 9′s pursuit of Raven will take them around the world, “from the fortified desert facility to underwater bases, island strongholds, icy mountain peaks, palatial hideouts and beyond.”

Later, as the team closes in on Raven, another “more sinister enemy reveals itself” as a truly horrendous global threat.

Players will participate as a character in the elite team along with up to three others in co-op, using Fuse-powered weapons to take back the stolen tech. Weapons and characters can be upgraded based on class.

Players will be able to “Leap” between other agents in battle in order to combine abilities and weapons for more powerful attacks. Fuse-powered weapons can also be used to trigger what’s called “Fusion” for even grater damage.

The trailer has been delayed over legal issues, as noted earlier today, but there are screenshots available below.

Overstrike is slated for release on PS3 and Xbox 360 in March 2013.

via VG247.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 09-16-2012 at 03:42.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Veteran
    Looks pretty cool. Judging from the screens, it looks like trademark creativity is still in the weaponry, albeit not as obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    No way EA will release this and army of two:devils cartel the same month.

I'm going to have to see some gameplay before I get excited.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Made by Insomniac: insta-buy. Still a little bummed about them going multiplatform. So much potential lost. I'd even prefer them going Xbox exclusive so they could put all their efforts into a single platform.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Doesn't appeal to me based on the description.

It is Insomniac so I'm wiling to to listen until more info.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Made by Insomniac: insta-buy. Still a little bummed about them going multiplatform. So much potential lost. I'd even prefer them going Xbox exclusive so they could put all their efforts into a single platform.
    Yeah, instabuy from me too. I can't decide if it looks average or good, graphically. I'll play it and no doubt enjoy it but from what I've seen so far it doesn't really have its own charm

Master Guru
    Items User name style
    I'm looking forward to it, there aren't enough great co-op games

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    I was more interested before the new realism make over.

Ultimate Veteran
    looks ok but i need to see an in game trailer. the game looks gernice to me

Master Guru
    I'm kind of getting a Haze vibe just from the screen shots alone lol. But that's a good thing. I actually enjoyed Haze for what it was.

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    meh i lost faith in IG since they started failing with Resistance. Their Online support has been horrible ever since R2, if this has online coop, expect flaws and long wait time for patches, especially if the game doesn't sell well.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Zswordsman View Post
    meh i lost faith in IG since they started failing with Resistance.
    Not me. I loved Resistance 3. I thought it was a masterpiece and a return to the roots of the franchise. It's sad that they're not doing any more games in the series for the time being anyway. I guess it's good that they could at least admit that it was time to close the series out with style. So many franchises get dragged out these days with endless sequels.

With that said, Insomniac has always been one of my favorite developers. Exclusive or not, i have faith in them when it comes to Fuse.
    Last edited by TDbank24; 09-14-2012 at 06:07.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    This game is going to flop hard. I've seen like 90% of post being negative on all the forums I visit.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

14. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    They were showing some gameplay last night on spike TV. It actually look pretty good. Reminded me of Gears in a way. Weapons are pretty cool and it looks like coop could be a blast.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    I was more interested before the new realism make over.
    I agree and now it looks like another cover based generic shooter without personality.I am very disappointed that it lacks the creativity and lush art direction that Insomiac is known for.They were on their way to being the next Rare and now they might be the next Rare.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Doesn't look bad and I bet the online co-op will be fun with some others. The fact that there are classes means that they will probably all play differently and that mode alone will probably be pretty addicting. Interested in seeing some gameplay.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    I agree and now it looks like another cover based generic shooter without personality.I am very disappointed that it lacks the creativity and lush art direction that Insomiac is known for.They were on their way to being the next Rare and now they might be the next Rare.
    It looks fun to me. I won't condemn it before I play it or at least get some more info. For now it looks like I will be picking this one up. Insomniac is no Rare and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    This game is going to flop hard. I've seen like 90% of post being negative on all the forums I visit.
    Doesn't mean the game will flop. Some of the negative post are probably just fanboys who can't get over the fact that the game is multi-plat. Iv'e seen the same stuff on here about certain games.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    add to the OP please Blacksite

My initial reaction: Meh, looked a lot more interesting before this change. Overstrike in the E3 trailer looked like a brilliant concept compared to this

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Looks pretty cool so far.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Sage
    Can somebody please post some gameplay of Overstrike before it was "changed". I fail to see what people are saying. The only change I see is the name. The game seems to be exactly how they described it at E-3.

What is this big change everyone is talking about?

Elite Guru
    Art style/atmosphere, etc

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Art style/atmosphere, etc
    I see no change. It just sounds like people got caught up in that E-3 tech demo and actually though the game would look that good. It's basically the same game, except for now they are showing actual gameplay running on the hardware.

Please post a video or something on this artstyle/atmosphere that has changed so much.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 09-14-2012 at 17:17.

24. Likes bigCman123 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Insomniac Games originally unveiled Overstrike at Electronic Arts' E3 2011 press conference. The game's debut trailer, created by animation studio Blur, blended comedy with action. Characters were heavily stylized. Environments were bright and cheerful. Dialogue was campy.

As the game developed, Insomniac says the lighthearted visual tone of Overstrike didn't match what it was ultimately becoming: a mature, co-op shooter with a more serious story centered around the Fuse element.

"We'd started off with a cartoony art style, but it just never felt like the stakes were that high," says Fuse creative director Brian Allgeier. "You really couldn't take anyone seriously. We actually evolved the style quite a bit just to get to the Overstrike trailer from E3 2011. We were still developing the characters, but there was a certain point where we were ready to go to press and get these characters in the trailer. And they were kind of pulling it out of our artists' hands."
    http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...acs-overstrike

Strange you see zero change. But yeah, they definitely changed it as the game progressed. A shame really as their concept in E3 2011 looked a lot more...charming, colourful and charactar focused. Kinda goofy but interesting. Too bad it didn't fit with the 'story' they are trying to tell. As if the majority of consumers that buy these kind of games care for the story . It's about first impressions and Overstrike caught the eye, this will go over peoples heads just like Resident Evil: Operation Tycoon, Inversion and Binary Domain (which is a decent enough game btw)

Just looks like an average shooter with bonkers weapons [which you'd expect from an Insomniac game]. No one will care for it if it doesn't look any different, especially with Gears coming out next March too

Oh and btw I don't own a Resistance game, so maybe it's just me

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    The original Overstrike trailer shows a less serious, more humourous tone compared to the Fuse one. It's not as colourful either compared to the Overstrike trailer. The characters outfits have changed too. Insomniac have an uphill task to save this. The feeling is very negative already. I feel we have a Resistance 2 on our hands here.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...acs-overstrike

Strange you see zero change. But yeah, they definitely changed it as the game progressed. A shame really as their concept in E3 2011 looked a lot more...charming, colourful and charactar focused. Kinda goofy but interesting. Too bad it didn't fit with the 'story' they are trying to tell. As if the majority of consumers that buy these kind of games care for the story . It's about first impressions and Overstrike caught the eye, this will go over peoples heads just like Resident Evil: Operation Tycoon, Inversion and Binary Domain (which is a decent enough game btw)

Just looks like an average shooter with bonkers weapons [which you'd expect from an Insomniac game]. No one will care for it if it doesn't look any different, especially with Gears coming out next March too

Oh and btw I don't own a Resistance game, so maybe it's just me
    Well, I was talking about some actual video proof or something that i may have missed about the game. The only change is that it seems more mature and darker. It still has the crazy weapons that Insomniac are known for. I won't write this game off until i at least play a demo or read about a hands on one.

"A large percentage [of the team] was relieved that we were embracing a more mature existence because it was more relevant to the gamers we were targeting," he says. "But there are some folks who loved the original campy direction. You can never please everybody. You have to do what you think is best for the game."Price says the decision to move from Overstrike to Fuse only happened after "a lot of soul-searching," and plenty of "debate and analysis of what's going to make this game great." Allgeier says the decision to center the game around Fuse was made in early 2012.

Thread Information