Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    Items VitaPS3 Slim

I been thinking about buying a Xbox 360.

Honestly I love my PS3 and I always will but I just feel like online gaming is so much better on Xbox 360. With Halo 4 on the way and timed Resident Evil & Call Of Duty DLC it just makes me wanna buy one. No one talks on PS3 either.

I know Xbox Live isn't free but I feel like I would enjoy these games so much more on Xbox.

Is this a stupid reason to get one?

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Buying a console, or anything for that matter, comes down to the simple matter of if you find value in it. If getting DLC early, having more people talking online is important to you and you can afford it, then yes you may as well get one. The nextbox is probably about a year away though...
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Unbound Mercenary
    While yes, I do think gaming is better on the 360. The talking thing would not be a reason for me to switch. Hearing 10 year olds sing "We are the champions" by Queen, is not the most fun thing to hear.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

4. Likes MjW wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Nothing wrong with wanting a 360 for online play...Personally i prefer not to here anyone talk to me online...lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

6. Likes davin_g, Ghost , Kwes wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Nothing wrong with wanting a 360 for online play...Personally i prefer not to here anyone talk to me online...lol
    I'm the same. When I do play online games, I don't want to hear anyone talking unless they are friends of mine...
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

8. Likes davin_g, Fon wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Take it from a person who only had PS3 at first. Its worth it. They are affordable and there are plenty great 1st and 3rd party titles to play. If you don't want to communicate with a particular person you can always just use the mute function. I highly recommend xbox live gold too.

10. Likes Kwes wishes they had posted this first.
    ***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Well games like Call of Duty are the last games I ever want to use the mic on unless they're friends.

If you want to increase your multiplayer experience then go for it. An Xbox 360 should cost you less then $200 used.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Lol, me too. They disrupt my music ><

I've had a PS3 since launch day, and I love the hell out of it and its still my preferred console. But I bought a 360 about a year and 2 months ago and its really a good system.
    I bought it because (I could afford it, and) I love games, and the 360 had some that I couldn't play! There is a fair amount of good exclusives on it, mass effect, gears, alan wake, crackdown, fable etc. But I learned that there is actually some great hidden gem exclusives like tales of vesperia, lost oydessey, deadly premonition, various shmups, fatal inertia, N3.
    don't buy XBLA games or pay for Gold anymore... but for the time I did there was always more people online with mics and if you're a big social gamer then connecting to a party and playing with friends is 100000x easier than on PS3.

I think if you can afford it, and you know you'll get a lot out of it in terms of games you want to play - or even games you'll find that you didn't know about - its worth it.

Be aware though that yeah there is a fair few exclusives out there, but not many new ones around the bend, and don't be disappointed when MS announce a new console at E3.

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Soldier 95B
    I would only buy the 360 to play online IF you were planning on getting exclusives to play online. If you are thinking your experience with a multi platform game (say Call of Duty for example) will be so much better on the 360, then you would be wasting your money. Other than party chat, the difference is nothing if you are just looking to play online and don't care about the other features in Xbox Live Gold.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Like previously said xbox360's are cheap now great time to get one and enjoy it. I even thought about getting one for the new forza game but with the Wii U news today that won't be happening my body is ready lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I'm the same. When I do play online games, I don't want to hear anyone talking unless they are friends of mine...
    Thats what the mute function is for. Also you can have private chat with your friends even if theyre playing a different game. Problem solved.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by EatSleepAndPlay View Post
    Honestly I love my PS3 and I always will but I just feel like online gaming is so much better on Xbox 360. With Halo 4 on the way and timed Resident Evil & Call Of Duty DLC it just makes me wanna buy one. No one talks on PS3 either. I know Xbox Live isn't free but I feel like I would enjoy these games so much more on Xbox. Is this a stupid reason to get one?
    Not stupid at all. Plus you get the better looking and/or playing version of 3rd party games 90 percent of the time.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    If you find value in it, then get one. Simple.

First thing I do when I enter a game lobby, Find the mute button and mute everyone except my friends

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalG View Post
    Gaming becomes more fun by who you play with. If you live in a region where xbox dominates and most of your plays on Live. then yes. If you are looking at very few exclusives Xbox have, then not really. Unless you have to have to have that game.
    What console dominates a region shouldnt come into play. It should be about the games you are interested in and what console your friends tend to play the most.

Course the friend I play with most went back to 360, but I got too much invested into PS3 to make that my focus (and I dont play multiplayer enough)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by EatSleepAndPlay View Post
    Is this a stupid reason to get one?
    i'd say the stupid thing would be to not.... buy one. if you think it will add to your gaming pleasure..
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 09-14-2012 at 17:44.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    i'd say the stupid thing would be to not.... buy one. if you think it will add to your gaming pleasure..
    I'm with this dude! Great time to get an xbox360 I'm sure price drops and bundles are coming with the Wii U news that was just released! And that new Forza game looks badass I may need to get a 360 myself lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Soldier 95B
    He probably can't go wrong getting one. The Xbox has the most exclusives of any console and continues to offer a staggering amount going forward.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    This. And you can still "love your PS3" while enjoying some 360 gaming. Its not a sin to game on both consoles regardless of what some others might tell you. lol

23. Likes 33x wishes they had posted this first.
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    If you're worried about games, just as a fun fact I own 50 Xbox 360 games and 30 of those are exclusives, including mass effect, which I would never have played it or it's sequels at all if I didn't have an Xbox

Via Tapatalk

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Soldier 95B
    Indeed. The 360 having the largest library of exclusives makes for an easy decision.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Personally I tink it's too late in the generation. If microsoft supports the 360 like they did the xbox (they bassically abandoned it) you won't be getting new content for long. If the 360 has a particular exclusive that you really really wanna play, just ask is a new console worth just a handful of exclusives for a year or so.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Personally I tink it's too late in the generation. If microsoft supports the 360 like they did the xbox (they bassically abandoned it) you won't be getting new content for long. If the 360 has a particular exclusive that you really really wanna play, just ask is a new console worth just a handful of exclusives for a year or so.
    If he hasn't played any of the xbox exclusives then he'll be good for a while. We can assume when the new xbox will be released but we won't know for some time. The 360 has a huge user base I doubt they drop support as fast as they did with XBOX1.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Superior Member

I would say it would make sense if you are doing it for the games. If you want those games on the 360 then go for it. Me there are soo few exclusive games that it makes no sense and I get all the games I have enjoyed down through the years on my PS3 and all the multiplats I see no reason. The difference in quality now...so little I can't detect. A couple are better on 360 and a couple on PS3. I have friends that have 360 and have just as much lag if not more on live as psn. People online are annoying 95% of the time blaring music and talking stupid so both consoles have that....PS3 just has less people to mute imo. My friends and family have PS3 so I game with them and talk to them. Gaming experience on multiplats to me is no reason to switch imo. I've noticed nothing very different and certainly nothing noteworthy to do it. To me your only reason for spending the money would be based on exclusives you can't play. I have witnessed no great advantages other than a couple games having dlc time exclusivity and even then PS3 has their share of exclusive dlc of their own so if your talking about quality of online gaming (lag, people, visuals) those are all equal across consoles....just the games and dlc are different. If you have to play Halo or Gears...thats the only way you will be able to do it....so of course it makes sense. Because you have to have dlc a month early...ok. Because you think the quality of gamers and the game experience will be better on 360 as opposed to PS3 for online gaming...nope....its the same...and its free on PSN. This is just my opinion based on what I've seen here and from my friends and family that do have a 360.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    I would say it would make sense if you are doing it for the games. If you want those games on the 360 then go for it. Me there are soo few exclusive games that it makes no sense and I get all the games I have enjoyed down through the years on my PS3 and all the multiplats I see no reason. The difference in quality now...so little I can't detect. A couple are better on 360 and a couple on PS3. I have friends that have 360 and have just as much lag if not more on live as psn. People online are annoying 95% of the time blaring music and talking stupid so both consoles have that....PS3 just has less people to mute imo. My friends and family have PS3 so I game with them and talk to them. Gaming experience on multiplats to me is no reason to switch imo. I've noticed nothing very different and certainly nothing noteworthy to do it. To me your only reason for spending the money would be based on exclusives you can't play. I have witnessed no great advantages other than a couple games having dlc time exclusivity and even then PS3 has their share of exclusive dlc of their own so if your talking about quality of online gaming (lag, people, visuals) those are all equal across consoles....just the games and dlc are different. If you have to play Halo or Gears...thats the only way you will be able to do it....so of course it makes sense. Because you have to have dlc a month early...ok. Because you think the quality of gamers and the game experience will be better on 360 as opposed to PS3 for online gaming...nope....its the same...and its free on PSN. This is just my opinion based on what I've seen here and from my friends and family that do have a 360.
    The difference in alot of multiplats is much more than youre making it out to be. Look at Skyrim for example. And even the Skyrim DLC might never come to the PS3. I own and play both systems and more times than not the multiplat games are very noticably better on the 360. You would have to be blind or in denial to say that you dont see it or to say its just very marginal.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalG View Post
    i dont see why not either. As long as money is not an issue, its not like buying Xbox 360 will somehow worsen PS3 gaming. It will only improve upon it. Does not matter it has the least amount of exclusives. It is still an additional amount of games of library. Again, as long as money is not an issue.
    If money is an issue then you shouldnt be buying any console right? But obviously he does have the money otherwise he wouldn't be considering buying another console.

Thread Information