Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    you can do a quick save. Pause it at anytime and I think it's on the lower left hand side. It's a picture of a balloon I think. It saves it, and next time you load it up, it disappears and you have to do that each time you want to save.
    I remember doing that and I ended up losing all of my progress lol. I just finished the Sparking Water area. The things I'm missing are the secret levels.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Target is currently selling the 8GB basic set for $239 ($60 saving).

Link
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Does the Wii U store have gamecube games on it? What games and how much?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewing33hi View Post
    Does the Wii U store have gamecube games on it? What games and how much?
    No it doesn't. Lots of people are hoping that they expand the Virtual Console to include them.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Hello owners of WiiU, i have some questions and i hope you can help me,

1- I am planning on getting the delux one and add a 500 gb hard drive, i was wondering if all retail games available at the e shop, and whether the prices get lower by time like in retail, for example how much is Mass Effect & Zombie U ?!
    2- If the console is pal must i purchase games from the european store ?!

Peace...

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Hello owners of WiiU, i have some questions and i hope you can help me,

1- I am planning on getting the delux one and add a 500 gb hard drive, i was wondering if all retail games available at the e shop, and whether the prices get lower by time like in retail, for example how much is Mass Effect & Zombie U ?!
    2- If the console is pal must i purchase games from the european store ?!

Peace...
    1. Yes the majority of retail games get digital. I know all 1st party do. Not 100% on if 3rd party does too. I don't think (though I could be wrong) that they lower the prices of them. But They do tend to have sales here and there.

2. I know the console is region locked. But I don't know how the eshop works

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Probably sounds sick but I'm tempted to buy a Wii U this Xmas I stood in Target for an hour and a half the other day playing all the demos... Fun system honestly only the first party titles seem worth playing though!

Hopefully we see a price drop this Xmas.

Is it possible to download a full retail game to the Wii U's HDD or external drive through the Nintendo shop ???
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    Probably sounds sick but I'm tempted to buy a Wii U this Xmas I stood in Target for an hour and a half the other day playing all the demos... Fun system honestly only the first party titles seem worth playing though!

Is it possible to download a full retail game to the Wii U's HDD or external drive through the Nintendo shop ???
    I'd definitely recommend buying a wii u. I have one myself and love it. You're right about not having that many games but in my opinion there's just enough good games out right now to keep me busy until they come out with newer games like Zelda , 3d Mario land, etc.

as for downloading games , I haven't done it myself but I'm pretty sure you can.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post

It is a great system. But yeah, games available are the huge problem. There are good games for it, but I guess it also depends on how much you game. You can download most, if not all games through eShop. But you will need an external hard drive. The deluxe system only comes with 32 GB. It'll definitely be worth it by the holiday season, with or without a price drop.

10. Likes RyanGT likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Thanks for replies guys and gals you've persuaded me to buy one a lot earlier

So today I actually smacked $$$ down for a Wii U premium (layby/layaway) got $186 to go before I can take it home.

Wii U premium pack I got was $428 (AUD) $393.50 USD which isn't bad considering the US dollar is stronger against the AUD for the first time in like 3 years (good for Australia bad for US).

Premium pack is black ofcourse and comes with Nintendo land which is pretty boring but its something to play at least until Mario 3D land comes out in December and Mario Kart 8 comes out in April 2014... More than likely most of my first party games will be downloaded through the eShop onto external HDD.

Really hoping for Wave Race Blue Storm (GCN) to be available on the virtual console one day one of my favorite all time Nintendo franchises.

I'm getting two black Wii motes (built in motion plus) as well for multiplayer, hoping I can use these for games like Mario Mart 8 etc.
    Most games seem compatible with either Wii mote or gamepad which is great.

Pro controller looks cool but doesn't seem like a lot is compatible with it shame.

Even if the Wii U ends up like dreamcast did in its first two years and gets pulled completely it will live on a lot better and Nintendo will at least keep it afloat for a few years with its eShop.

Not very happy with what Nintendo did with the Wii and dumbed down the hardware over time and just willy nilly cut most online services off and pretty much stopped the Wii from having a long life... It got taken off life support as soon as 3DS came out, Nintendo should take the Sony approach not the apple approach and continue milking their teat until its completely dry.

End of the day a console is only as good as its games and Wii U will have plenty of good games by mid year next year even if there's only 30-40 great games made for Wii U it'll still be a good system even though Nintendo does some really really stupid things over the years.

I lost faith in Nintendo a fair bit over the years with retailers not stocking many games or accessories or even canceling orders for games because they are not profitable, if retail gives up on Nintendo at least they have their eShop and online downloadable content for the important first party titles and relevant third party titles.

Another great feature that has drawn me into the Wii U is the fact that I can take the controller to bed and wind down with a game before I go to sleep (very important when my other half wants me to come to bed when she does) so it makes for a great compromise there (thanks Nintendo) I'm usually playing my Vita most nights.

Anyway to end post here Ill have my PS4 for its exclusives (serious adult content), Wii U for Nintendo games (fun) and brand X is a brand of poison I've never been interested in... it's green and that doesn't excite me one bit.
    Last edited by chriharr; 08-19-2013 at 04:33. Reason: Edit
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I notice there's a Street Fighter 2 World Championship Virtual Console trailer. The trailer was being played on both television and game pad, can we finally snes games on the game pad?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    I notice there's a Street Fighter 2 World Championship Virtual Console trailer. The trailer was being played on both television and game pad, can we finally snes games on the game pad?
    Yes. I'd check the software each time to see if the game does play on the pad.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yes. I'd check the software each time to see if the game does play on the pad.

Sorry I took long. I'd have posted last night, but I kept getting an error coming here. You're right! I was looking at the store and they're giving me a huge discount to buy it again. It's from $8 to $1.50.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Wonderful 101 demo is amazing its the first treat of next gen console graphics benchmarks !!

Nintendo is going to have some fantastic looking games on Wii U throughout its life Nintendo are the masters of polish !!

Poor America having to wait a few weeks.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    Sorry I took long. I'd have posted last night, but I kept getting an error coming here. You're right! I was looking at the store and they're giving me a huge discount to buy it again. It's from $8 to $1.50.
    If you have the game on the Wii VC, then you get that discount to get it on the Wii U VC. And all Wii U VC games can be played on the Gamepad.

Dedicated Member
    My sore spot is that Zelda demo, unfulfilled promise again.
    But, what do they need to do next... more powerful system maybe?

The real sneaky one is... NINTENDO.
    They still have LOTS of cash...
    They might decide to not sit and die and build a new machine.
    Frankly, they could do a 2 year turnaround time and change things up REAL big by getting with AMD but using their ARM57 based APU as a base and make the next generation handheld and home system compatible, almost like the NeoGeoX.

If i try to think like Nintendo... there GAMEBOY/XDS are my bread and butter... how do i capitalize on keeping my mobile share in the lead AND bring innovation to the home market... what if I just want my games played at home...
    What if those Android Microconsole's are onto something, or even the NeoGeoX?

So, an ARM57 APU from AMD in the next gen handheld from Big N with a home doc and charger base station which comes with 2 remotes with touchscreen? ???

Is that Nintendo's answer to this failure?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Man, It's a ghost town here.

Anyone got Windwaker ?! how is it? I still have Pikmin in it's plastic, too busy with GTA-Battlefield 4

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I have it, just been so busy and haven't gotten to play it. I'll do it in a little bit, and put some videos up.

20. Likes Abdou23 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Since the release of the PS4 and XB1, I have not had a reason to touch my Wii U. Although I did see an orange light on my Wii today, which indicates that it did some sort of auto update. Might need to wipe the dust off and find out what it was.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Got Mario 3d world to play with the gf. It wi get a lot more use than my PS4 this season for sure.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Still under the tree as it is for my son. Once that is opened I see it getting more use than my PS4 for a bit due to Mario. Sadly I have the same issue with Nintendo systems year in and year out. Once I play the latest Mario/Zelda instalments what do I have left to look forward to? The answer is always, nothing.

8 years and counting!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Since the release of the PS4 and XB1, I have not had a reason to touch my Wii U. Although I did see an orange light on my Wii today, which indicates that it did some sort of auto update. Might need to wipe the dust off and find out what it was.
    Better get Mario 3d world and Zelda!!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Better get Mario 3d world and Zelda!!
    I have the Zelda Wii U saaan! Just not feeling Wind Waker though.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I have the Zelda Wii U saaan! Just not feeling Wind Waker though.
    Then get the newest mario release. It's a blast. Play it with the kids at the same time and you'll be experiencing "roffles". I know you remember that word lol.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Still under the tree as it is for my son. Once that is opened I see it getting more use than my PS4 for a bit due to Mario. Sadly I have the same issue with Nintendo systems year in and year out. Once I play the latest Mario/Zelda instalments what do I have left to look forward to? The answer is always, nothing.
    Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is looking great. There's also X, Monolith Soft's new exclusive JRPG, to keep an eye on.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Thread Information