Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Is the OS as slow as people say? 10-15s between screens.
    Ya, Nintendo needs to speed things up with a later update. Closing out apps takes about 10s to get back to your home screen.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Yeah, this seems like it was done in a week. lol. The best thing is the NSMB game, and the actual pad itself is pretty nifty to have.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Bit like the 3DS then and we know how that panned out.
    Doubt Wii U will replicate that success mind.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    So hopefully, they'll get some more games out, cut the price, and get rid of that bs id/content locking crap.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    We wont have an idea till about mid 2013 about how successful the Wii U is gonna be. Looking forward to getting one first off and then future titles this is the first Nintendo console im buying (or trying to buy) in the "launch window" since N64

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    I was playing some AC3 today, wife wanted to watch X-Factor. I simply went to the options menu in the game, switched to the tablet, and I was able to lay in bed and continue playing.

I have to say that this feature works completely as advertised.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I was playing some AC3 today, wife wanted to watch X-Factor. I simply went to the options menu in the game, switched to the tablet, and I was able to lay in bed and continue playing.

Same thing happened to me tonight with the same show lmao... I'm loving the Wii U!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ancient

So its like a evolution of remote play?
    With the fact that some PS3 games are gonna enable you to use the Vita as a controller I can see what Sony means when they say PS3 & Vita can do what Wii U can do
    Though Wii U was actually built to do this and is more capable
    But it is interesting that it is at its core a feature the PS3 had that wasn't expended on
    I wouldn't say its a original idea from Nintendo obviously, but I expect it to be fully matured in PS4 especially now Nintendo has ran with it and people will say they nick the idea from Nintendo when in reality its the other way around.....

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

PSU Technical Advisor
    WiiU ships with 2GB of RAM.. Half of which is absorbed by the system (.. This is beyond insane for an embedded device)
    It's CPU has been met with much developer criticism, and current estimates by the guys at B3D place its performance somewhere between 1/2 to 1/3rd the Xbox 360 Xenon CPU.
    It has substantially lower memory bandwidth (12-13GB\s) than either the PS3 or 360.

Can it even play movies? (honest question)

I dunno guys. I'm not sure what Nintendo was thinking with this one, especially because its "trick" this time around is using a tablet. Why is that cool?? Don't most of us have tablets or smartphones by this point- nice ones?

Have there been any launch problems? Bricking, overheating (THAT should never happen with this thing lol)?

How's the tablet? What can you really do with it during games?
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 11-22-2012 at 07:46.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Are you able to use the WiiU Gamepad or WiiU Pro Controller to play Virtual Console games (NES, SNES, N64, etc) on the WiiU? I have heard some stating the WiiU Gamepad can not be used but I was unsure if they are talking about just having the game displayed on the WiiU Gamepad screen or if it just wouldn't work at all.

If not I take it I am going to have to buy at least a Wii Remote and Wii Classic Controller for Wii VC games on the WiiU?

Edit: Found my answer. Unfortunately WiiU Gamepad and WiiU Pro Controller does not in Wii mode. It appears the InterWorks Unlimited controllers will work once they are released though.
    Last edited by Ryunosuke; 11-22-2012 at 08:37.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    I think the tablet is more of way of them trying to bring something different to the table & try to promote a unique spin on interactive gameplay. A bit similar to Smart Glass no? But at least with smart glass you use whatever device you already own...

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER

I agree with that. The possibilities are awesome in that respect. I hope developers put the time and effort into giving their games this option full force. Just imagine when I'm taking a trip. I can plug the Wii U, that tiny little box of a console, in my car, and my kids can be playing the console. It's a great feature for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    WiiU ships with 2GB of RAM.. Half of which is absorbed by the system (.. This is beyond insane for an embedded device)
    It's CPU has been met with much developer criticism, and current estimates by the guys at B3D place its performance somewhere between 1/2 to 1/3rd the Xbox 360 Xenon CPU.
    It has substantially lower memory bandwidth (12-13GB\s) than either the PS3 or 360.

Can it even play movies? (honest question)

I dunno guys. I'm not sure what Nintendo was thinking with this one, especially because its "trick" this time around is using a tablet. Why is that cool?? Don't most of us have tablets or smartphones by this point- nice ones?

Have there been any launch problems? Bricking, overheating (THAT should never happen with this thing lol)?

Can it play movies? Yes, you can watch streaming videos. So it CAN play movies. It doesn't have it's own media player for dvd/blu-ray..
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwata
    “The reason for that is we feel that enough people already have devices that are capable of playing DVDs and Blu-ray, such that it didn’t warrant the cost involved to build that functionality into the Wii U console because of the patents related to those technologies.”
    I have a tablet, smartphone, both excellent for doing things; except neither of them can play Wii U games, interact with the games I'm playing, etc.

14. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I agree with that. The possibilities are awesome in that respect. I hope developers put the time and effort into giving their games this option full force. Just imagine when I'm taking a trip. I can plug the Wii U, that tiny little box of a console, in my car, and my kids can be playing the console. It's a great feature for sure.

Can it play movies? Yes, you can watch streaming videos. So it CAN play movies. It doesn't have it's own media player for dvd/blu-ray..

I have a tablet, smartphone, both excellent for doing things; except neither of them can play Wii U games, interact with the games I'm playing, etc.
    That thought never crossed my mind!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post

All consoles have launch problems. There are reports of people not letting the console fully update, thus resulting in a brick. That is user error though. It is also still an electrical device, meaning there is a 10% defect window.

The tablet is awesome. Does more than the Vita can with the PS3. Unlike the Vita, when playing the games directly on your tablet, the images are distorted and remains clear. There is also no button delay.

The controller can do quite a bit, but developers have to take advantage of it. In ZombiU, the tablet is used for a variety of things. At one point, I had to get on a turret and I had to use the tablet to shoot. The screen turns in to a first person view and I have to move the tablet around looking for zombies to kill.

At any point during the game, I can hold the left trigger button to activate the x-ray mode. I hold the tablet up to the TV, and I can see things that I can not see on my actual TV screen.

In AC3, the tablet becomes a huge map. This makes it much easier to locate and progress without the having to set markers. You can also adjust settings which allow different things on the tablets screen while playing.

So all in all, the tablet does a lot.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Apparently the system submitted my reply a bunch of times lol. I'll get them deleted as long as I don't keep getting errors.

Tapatalk is loading the content slowly. I'm trying to edit those multiple posts but the system isn't taking me to the edit. I just get a server error. I've submitted a bug report through the feedback tab.

Sent from my i5 using Tapatalk

edit:

back on my chrome browser... I was able to edit and delete the dupes. Lethal has one that needs to go! lol
    Last edited by Lethal; 11-22-2012 at 15:47.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    I bought my son AC3 for the PS3 today, so I decided to compare it to the Wii U vesion. Surprisingly, the Wii U version is quite a bit better. The PS3 is pretty laggy and has much more jagged edges. I also noticed the colors were more washed out than on the Wii U.

PS3

Wii U (bottom)

Pretty hard to tell much from these crappy images I took. But you can see the Wii U pops out more. PS3 seems to really suffer from choppy frame rates.
    Last edited by Lethal; 11-23-2012 at 01:11.

19. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Yeah the colours do seem
    Better on ps3, but no doubt it runs a lot better on the wii u, since it IS new hardware. From what I've seen (hadn't had the chance to buy the game yet) but it seemed to struggle at times with the current hardware

Via Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Either... the game was coded better for this port; or the scaling back on things makes it look or perform better. Less shadowing, lighting, animations on certain poly, lower poly count?... Hard to think that hardware below what is available on the 6/7 year old consoles is performing better than the current consoles.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Either... the game was coded better for this port; or the scaling back on things makes it look or perform better. Less shadowing, lighting, animations on certain poly, lower poly count?... Hard to think that hardware below what is available on the 6/7 year old consoles is performing better than the current consoles.
    The graphics just flat out look better on the Wii. It certainly does not appear to be scaled down at all. The game just runs and looks better on the Wii U.

I even had my wife look at each game and tell me which channel looked better to her. She did not know which one was the PS3 or Wii U. She also chose the Wii U each time. I had both consoles running the game at the exact same locations.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    There are some lighting and particle effects missing from the Wii U port.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    There are some lighting and particle effects missing from the Wii U port.
    Could be, but the game looks better without those apparently. Maybe the PS3 should have done without some of those effects because it stutters like crazy.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    From what i can see the shadows are not the same in the Wii U, the PS3 also has better texture, and a better DOF, and the only thing i can see in the photos is the colors are in Wii U favor, and that's about it.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    is the Wii U really the bottom picture? Cause I think the top one looks better in almost every way, yet your saying the bottom looks better o.O

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Ultimate Veteran
    Only real difference is the saturation and position of the real-time shadows.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Thread Information