Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I guess it's hard to judge without seeing it in person

Via Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Only real difference is the saturation and position of the real-time shadows.
    Yeah, those shadows are being displayed on those two pics at different "times of day". I've looked around the net, and basically, the game is 99% the same, but it's missing at least lighting and particle effects.
    http://wiiudaily.com/2012/08/assassi...sing-features/

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Nice comparison! Cant really tell from the posted pictures. however at the moment im loving the Wii U Nintendo land is fun but you def need a group of 4 or 5 to truly enjoy what it has to offer also shows the concepts nintendo is trying to demo with this game.

I will do a review in a week or so i want full 20 to 30 playing it with before i do a review for it but it looks damn sexy in black LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    He can do a comparison video... if he has the "system component cables" that has the Wii, 360, and PS3 connnectors (like the ones i have), it will go into the Wii U just fine. That would be much better than cam pics that aren't even sync'd.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    He can do a comparison video... if he has the "system component cables" that has the Wii, 360, and PS3 connnectors (like the ones i have), it will go into the Wii U just fine. That would be much better than cam pics that aren't even sync'd.
    Ya, but I have to get it all hooked up again and I do not want to mess with all that $#@! right now lol. I will try to show you guys a better comparison. Playing in person is really the only way you see it. On performance, I would rate the PS3 a 7. The Wii U would get a 9. I have not tried the 360 version yet.

Here is another quick comparison. Again, it is hard to tell from these $#@!ty pictures, but the PS3 seems to have more of a fog when playing.

PS3

Wii U (bottom)
    Last edited by Lethal; 11-23-2012 at 16:26.

Ancient
    Everybody I heard from says the Wii U version is missing stuff, and the fog is supposed to be there btw depending on time of year, day etc
    That time period was known for it.
    DF is gonna do a comparison anyway, so they say

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I'm sure we'll see an adequate comparison from Lethal, or another outlet that does comparisons.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Everybody I heard from says the Wii U version is missing stuff, and the fog is supposed to be there btw depending on time of year, day etc
    That time period was known for it.
    DF is gonna do a comparison anyway, so they say

Sent via Codec

Whether the fog is there for a reason or not, it just doesn't look as good. If you look at post #92, you can see that the PS3 is missing some thing that the Wii U is showing. Mainly the left side where the PS3 version seems to be a wall, and the Wii U version shows more path and structure.

I think the fog is used to blanket the jagged edges and pop ups.

Just looking at the $#@!ty pictures I just showed, it is easy to see which one looks better. Plus, the Wii U does not have anything on the screen like the PS3 does. All of that is in your hand with the gamepad.
    Last edited by Lethal; 11-23-2012 at 19:56.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Whether the fog is there for a reason or not, it just doesn't look as good. If you look at post #92, you can see that the PS3 is missing some thing that the Wii U is showing. Mainly the left side where the PS3 version seems to be a wall, and the Wii U version shows more path and structure.

I think the fog is used to blanket the jagged edges and pop ups.

Just looking at the $#@!ty pictures I just showed, it is easy to see which one looks better. Plus, the Wii U does not have anything on the screen like the PS3 does. All of that is in your hand with the gamepad.
    But even the PC version of it has Fog on max settings, that being said SMBWU looks great
    Thats the unicorn here, Nintendo games in HD
    Buy I'm glad you're enjoying it though, I'll give my final opinion on the 30th when I have my hands on one

Sent via Codec

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    But even the PC version of it has Fog on max settings, that being said SMBWU looks great
    Buy I'm glad you're enjoying it though, I'll give my final opinion on the 30th when I have my hands on one

Sent via Codec
    I agree. That's the only thing right now, besides the pad controller (despite its $#@!ty batter life), that has me wanting to get this thing back.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I agree. That's the only thing right now, besides the pad controller (despite its $#@!ty batter life), that has me wanting to get this thing back.
    Yeah I see NSMBU and I'm like " Now thats what I'm taking about" but I also feel we should of had this six years ago as a cheap DL game not a full price game six years later
    But its the first and only time we get to have them so that brings the interest
    I said before the Wii U could be like the GCN and still believe that, but to a lesser extent
    This machine is for Nintendo games only and thats only if that quality they are known for
    3rd party is out the window, except exclusives that are made well

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 11-23-2012 at 20:30.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS

Sent via Codec
    Like I said before, this will not replace your PS3 or 360. But it can absolutely steal sales with this gamepad. I love this controller that much! I also really only bought the Wii U for the Nintendo exclusives. I bought AC3 to test the power of the Wii U, which has not let me down at all.

Everyone knows it takes before a console really shines. The PS3 took 2 years before it was worth a damn. Sony and Microsoft really need to pay attention to this controller though.

Ancient
    Like I said before, this will not replace your PS3 or 360. But it can absolutely steal sales with this gamepad. I love this controller that much! I also really only bought the Wii U for the Nintendo exclusives. I bought AC3 to test the power of the Wii U, which has not let me down at all.

Everyone knows it takes before a console really shines. The PS3 took 2 years before it was worth a damn. Sony and Microsoft really need to pay attention to this controller though.
    The PS3 took 2 years for people with a 360, not a PS2
    Thats the problem, by time the Wii U does PS4/720 will be here and even you will forget the Wii U
    If Sony & MS does do the Touch stuff, though I think Sony will, DS4 for your traditional controller and the Dualshock Touch with Vita as a optional controller if you don't have a DST

On to different subject
    How do you find the memory, do you see yourself running out judging by the size of games
    Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 11-23-2012 at 21:04.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    The PS3 took 2 years for people with a 360, not a PS2
    Thats the problem, by time the Wii U does PS4/720 will be here and even you will forget the Wii U
    If Sony & MS does do the Touch stuff, though I think Sony will, DS4 for your traditional controller and the Dualshock Touch with Vita as a optional controller if you don't have a DST

On to different subject
    How do you find the memory, do you see yourself running out judging by the size of games
    Sent via Codec
    The whole point of the Wii U is to give Nintendo a chance to release some newer games and get those exclusives in HD. The Wii U will never be the console of choice when compared to the other companies. But it will sell a $#@! load of exclusives because the Wii U is such a huge leap over the Wii. Everyone has known Nintendo was not competing for best console. We knew that since the original Wii released. Nintendo could have easily ditched the gamepad and upgrade the console with bigger badder cpu and gpus. But they are about being innovative at a fair price.

Ancient
    The whole point of the Wii U is to give Nintendo a chance to release some newer games and get those exclusives in HD. The Wii U will never be the console of choice when compared to the other companies. But it will sell a $#@! load of exclusives because the Wii U is such a huge leap over the Wii. Everyone has known Nintendo was not competing for best console. We knew that since the original Wii released. Nintendo could have easily ditched the gamepad and upgrade the console with bigger badder cpu and gpus. But they are about being innovative at a fair price.
    If you believe that Nintendo hasn't got becoming #1 selling console with the minimum amount of production costs by drawing customers in a unique controller you are mad
    The Wii was cheap....compared to other consoles
    For what it was they was robbing you blind, Wii Umote controllers are the same ones as the Wii in new packaging and a higher price
    Everything Nintendo does involves repacking the old and charging you more and adding something that doesn't cost them a dime because they was ripping you off in the first place
    Yes they could of released a console that would go toe 2 toe with 720 & PS4 especially with all the money they got from Wii & DS/3DS sales
    But they want to make money without spending it, its a business module, many companies use it, even your local supermarket
    I like Nintendo, SNES & the GCN was great consoles and they make great games but the words innovation and Nintendo is like someone scratching a dinner plate with a fork
    Both Wii & Wii U are from from somewhere else
    Sent via Codec

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    If you believe that Nintendo hasn't got becoming #1 selling console with the minimum amount of production costs by drawing customers in a unique controller you are mad
    For what it was they was robbing you blind, Wii Umote controllers are the same ones as the Wii in new packaging and a higher price
    Everything Nintendo does involves repacking the old and charging you more and adding something that doesn't cost them a dime because they was ripping you off in the first place
    Yes they could of released a console that would go toe 2 toe with 720 & PS4 especially with all the money they got from Wii & DS/3DS sales
    But they want to make money without spending it, its a business module, many companies use it, even your local supermarket
    I like Nintendo, SNES & the GCN was great consoles and they make great games but the words innovation and Nintendo is like someone scratching a dinner plate with a fork
    Sent via Codec
    Wii U branded wii motes don't cost more than what Wii motes cost. I just came from gamestop earlier today. The Wii U is fun as $#@!. I could careless about specs as long as it can play games and entertain me $#@! it works for me.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

17. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Wii U branded wii motes don't cost more than what Wii motes cost. I just came from gamestop earlier today. The Wii U is fun as $#@!. I could careless about specs as long as it can play games and entertain me $#@! it works for me.
    Yes that is the most important part, But I can say the same about a phone
    As long as I can make a call & text thats all that matters
    But you are absolutely correct

Sent via Codec

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I care about the games, and how I like them... but I also care how they are locking content to a console you might have to replace, or you're somewhere else and using one, etc.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Sent via Codec
    I am not quite sure you know what you are talking about.....

Wii U wiimotes cost exactly the same price as the others...

Packaging the old as new? Completely new system, completely new gamepad...

Last and most importantly, I absolutely do not feel ripped off.
    Last edited by Lethal; 11-24-2012 at 15:05.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Unless you've played the Wii U and I'm not talking about playing it at best buy or gamestop. You have no idea what its about.

I've had it for 5 days now and the potential it has is awesome. The Controller is the best thing ever and everyone I've had over so far has been impressed with it graphic wise and just the concept of the Wii U. I'm talking about hardcore to people who don't know $#@! about games were all impressed with it.

Your always going to have your so called "gamers" that hate nintendo no matter what they do and complain. Every systems have their hick ups during a launch seems like everyone forgot about that.

I bought it and love the damn thing is it gonna replace my ps3? Hell no I love my Ps3 and currently Wii U doesn't many games I want to play at the moment. However looking forward to future titles and how the tablet will be incorporated with those future games. First Party games are gonna look amazing on this thing! You can't find that anywhere looking forward to next gen nintendo ip's!

Got the Wii U and I will be getting the PS4 and I'm sure people will be complaining about how PC is more powerful and the PS4 and nextbox are 5 year old tech compared to pc... Smh shut up and play games lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

22. Likes RaY_210 , Lethal likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Good post devious. People should shut up and play what they like.

I dont really bash nintendo but I dont support them either.

I do miss playing zelda games but I couldnt justify buying a system for one game.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ancient
    Wow my mate just preorder his with two games, ZombieU & Mario for 375 pounds, my eye pop out their sockets when I saw the price
    375 quid man thats Nextgen console prices (yeah I know it is Nextgen theoretically) but for its spec and not to mention it only has 32gb memory its dam expensive
    No wonder MS & Sony aren't in a rush to drop their prices

Sent via Codec

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Wow my mate just preorder his with two games, ZombieU & Mario for 375 pounds, my eye pop out their sockets when I saw the price
    375 quid man thats Nextgen console prices (yeah I know it is Nextgen theoretically) but for its spec and not to mention it only has 32gb memory its dam expensive
    No wonder MS & Sony aren't in a rush to drop their prices

Sent via Codec
    So for the price of a "next gen" machine, you get a new system and 2 full priced games. How is that expensive?

Edit: Possibly 3 games if he got the deluxe bundle.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    So for the price of a "next gen" machine, you get a new system and 2 full priced games. How is that expensive?

Edit: Possibly 3 games if he got the deluxe bundle.
    That was the deluxe bundle
    And only the PS3 has ever reached that price threshold
    This is a 32gb console with disabled Blu-ray movie playback and and graphics from specs from 6 years ago

Sent via Codec

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    That was the deluxe bundle
    And only the PS3 has ever reached that price threshold
    This is a 32gb console with disabled Blu-ray movie playback and and graphics from specs from 6 years ago

Sent via Codec
    I know what you mean I can watch the giants game and post on PSU from my controller on both my xbox360 and ps3!.....O wait...

By the time "next gen" consoles come out their graphic will be 6 years old when compared to high end PC's as well. Graphic argument is weak until you own one...your just not gonna get it worth the price i paid for it cant wait for future titles to show the true potential of the console

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information