Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I know what you mean I can watch the giants game and post on PSU from my controller on both my xbox360 and ps3!.....O wait...

By the time "next gen" consoles come out their graphic will be 6 years old when compared to high end PC's as well. Graphic argument is weak until you own one...your just not gonna get it worth the price i paid for it cant wait for future titles to show the true potential of the console
    The graphic argument isn't weak. It's pretty spot on.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    The graphic argument isn't weak. It's pretty spot on.
    right cause the console with the best graphics equals best selling console on their respective generation. wait no thats never happened.

its all about the games by the time the ps4 and nextbox are released wii u will have a couple of aaa first party titles out.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    right cause the console with the best graphics equals best selling console on their respective generation. wait no thats never happened.

its all about the games by the time the ps4 and nextbox are released wii u will have a couple of aaa first party titles out.
    I didn't say anything about sales.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Worth is in the eye of the beholder. For some, the specs are what prove a consoles worth. For others it doesnt
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    if someone isnt "sold" on the wii u then that would open up a sales related comment. if you base you decision on the best graphic or the must up to date graphics then console gaming is the wrong place for you hense why it would be a weak arguement. until we really see the wii u really pushed its hard to guage what level the graphics are compare to two other consoles that developers have had alot of time with.

i would imagine the next sony and ms console to be around 500 or more for their top of the line models

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage

I know what you mean I can watch the giants game and post on PSU from my controller on both my xbox360 and ps3!.....O wait...

By the time "next gen" consoles come out their graphic will be 6 years old when compared to high end PC's as well. Graphic argument is weak until you own one...your just not gonna get it worth the price i paid for it cant wait for future titles to show the true potential of the console
    Ha. Remember to say that when the PS4/Nextbox is released. Watch the backlash you get and how many "graphics aren't everything" comments you receive Personally, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a Wii U

BBK. Tapatalking

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Ha. Remember to say that when the PS4/Nextbox is released. Watch the backlash you get and how many "graphics aren't everything" comments you receive Personally, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a Wii U

BBK. Tapatalking
    lmao i know but my body will be ready lol

looking forward to see what sony brings to the table ill def be getting the next sony console nextbox is gonna have to really wow me

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ancient

The PS3 & 360 don't have a screen in their controller
    For all we know those consoles could be better at it then the Wii U IF they was designed around that
    And you can't expect people to be impressed by remote play on steroids
    "but but Wii U can play Assassin's Creed 3 on its screen and I can watch NFL while I surf the net on the pad"
    I should think so after 6 years of its first adaptation and the console being based around it
    Does it run on Bluetooth btw?

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    The Wii U was the most I've ever spent on a console. That's not gonna change. So whatever Sony decides to do tech wise. It's gonna be a while until I get a PS4 when it's price drops

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    if someone isnt "sold" on the wii u then that would open up a sales related comment. if you base you decision on the best graphic or the must up to date graphics then console gaming is the wrong place for you hense why it would be a weak arguement. until we really see the wii u really pushed its hard to guage what level the graphics are compare to two other consoles that developers have had alot of time with.

i would imagine the next sony and ms console to be around 500 or more for their top of the line models
    Whether I buy something or not, and discuss reasons why I wouldn't, or would, doesn't reflect on any sales numbers. I never said anything about it has to be the best graphics, etc. and console gaming isn't the wrong place for someone when you consider all the things the console offers, doesn't offer, restricts users, and content available. Just because a portion of that is discussed doesn't mean that someone is in the wrong place.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    The PS3 & 360 don't have a screen in their controller
    For all we know those consoles could be better at it then the Wii U IF they was designed around that
    And you can't expect people to be impressed by remote play on steroids
    "but but Wii U can play Assassin's Creed 3 on its screen and I can watch NFL while I surf the net on the pad"
    I should think so after 6 years of its first adaptation and the console being based around it
    Does it run on Bluetooth btw?

Sent via Codec
    we'll never know that but the simple fact the wii u is able to stream to two gamepads at once in impressive. i just want the other console to be release and see how much of a gap there is between them and the wii u. everything right now is just hear say lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Technical Advisor
    ...If anybody has a smartphone with them, let alone a tablet, you can do that stuff too. I don't understand the hype surrounding the controller. It's just a WiFi enabled screen with controls latched onto it that receives input from the WiiU unit. It has a few novelty functions, but I suspect we're going to see things above and beyond that in the coming years from applications like SmartGlass.

Ho hum.

In spite of its failings, the WiiU is at least somewhat decently priced. Not marked up to hell and beyond like the 3DS.

@Devious,

I dunno. We have pretty solid figures and information concerning the Durango. The system is an order of magnitude greater(+) more powerful than the WiiU, that much is a fairly sure bet.
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The price isn't a big deal for me. I think it should be $199 and $249 respectively, but.... my main focus, gripes, is the content lock, id lock, and lack of content right now. I don't really know when the first party games will be rolling out. Within the next month, I'll get another one, and hope that my ID actually gets on the new console.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    ...If anybody has a smartphone with them, let alone a tablet, you can do that stuff too. I don't understand the hype surrounding the controller. It's just a WiFi enabled screen with controls latched onto it that receives input from the WiiU unit. It has a few novelty functions, but I suspect we're going to see things above and beyond that in the coming years from applications like SmartGlass.

Ho hum.

In spite of its failings, the WiiU is at least somewhat decently priced. Not marked up to hell and beyond like the 3DS.

@Devious,

I dunno. We have pretty solid figures and information concerning the Durango. The system is an order of magnitude greater(+) more powerful than the WiiU, that much is a fairly sure bet.
    So MS has confirmed it? Until then, nothing is considered "solid"

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU

Ho hum.

@Devious,

not saying "durango" or orbis wont be more powerful than wii u. just like when the wii u was first leaked the rumors were out there and alot of false claims.

just honestly curious to see how much of a gap there is graphic wise between wii u and orbis/durango. the gamepad is the selling point for the wii u i just love this damn thing ive been posting and browsing on it for the past two hours.

at the end of the day why would anyone buy a nintendo console for graphical power? just like last gen i had a wii for my nintendo games and ps3 for graphics.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    The Wii U was the most I've ever spent on a console. That's not gonna change. So whatever Sony decides to do tech wise. It's gonna be a while until I get a PS4 when it's price drops
    Perhaps my currency is throwing people off
    Everyone knows Sony wont release another 600 dollar console, Devious One thinks Sony is gonna charge 500 for a high spec console, I'm assuming he means dollars but I doubt that'll happen
    If PS3 was £400 in the UK & $600 in the US
    How much do you think £380 is, scrap that lets not include the second game that was £50
    £329, thats 527 dollars, just for the premium Wii U, who cares about its specs, can you imagine if Nintendo released the Wii for 530 dollars? exactly the same
    My point is Wii U should be 100 pounds less, thats why I'm saying its expensive
    Low entry model should be £170 max! £250 max for the premium,
    The Prices would be acceptable if the console was Nextgen graphically and not like current gen and the highest is 32gb is crazy
    Ya gotta understand where I'm coming from here

Sent via Codec

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yeah, those shadows are being displayed on those two pics at different "times of day". I've looked around the net, and basically, the game is 99% the same, but it's missing at least lighting and particle effects.
    http://wiiudaily.com/2012/08/assassi...sing-features/
    The game has a real time day and night change. Hard to get both games at the same time of day.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Everyone knows Sony wont release another 600 dollar console, Devious One thinks Sony is gonna charge 500 for a high spec console, I'm assuming he means dollars but I doubt that'll happen
    How much do you think £380 is, scrap that lets not include the second game that was £50
    £329, thats 527 dollars, just for the premium Wii U, who cares about its specs, can you imagine if Nintendo released the Wii for 530 dollars? exactly the same
    The Prices would be acceptable if the console was Nextgen graphically and not like current gen and the highest is 32gb is crazy

Sent via Codec
    yes when im using usa currency. For a new sony or ms i expect to pay 500 or more wouldnt be shocked

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Wow my mate just preorder his with two games, ZombieU & Mario for 375 pounds, my eye pop out their sockets when I saw the price
    375 quid man thats Nextgen console prices (yeah I know it is Nextgen theoretically) but for its spec and not to mention it only has 32gb memory its dam expensive
    No wonder MS & Sony aren't in a rush to drop their prices

Sent via Codec

Sent via Codec
    I see where you're going with it, and at first glance when you put it that way, it does look really bad. But you should subtract 100£, because that's two extra games, not one. So £280 instead of £250 doesn't look too bad. What did the Wii launch at there?

Ancient
    we'll never know that but the simple fact the wii u is able to stream to two gamepads at once in impressive. i just want the other console to be release and see how much of a gap there is between them and the wii u. everything right now is just hear say lol
    The price isn't isn't bad for a new console, but I expect it to be a generation difference which its not and its main selling point is remote play on steroids, something I don't expect something Iike PS4 to have a main selling point but as given, I expect PS4 to do that as a natural evolution of its current remote play
    So thats why the price is "too much for what it is"
    other then that Mario looks great(sounds terrible, the music isn't as good as the original)
    But way over price its really should be a Nintendo network game
    And all its short comings so far doesn't help it
    If the system was price similar to 360 and PS3 it would be acceptable
    Someone over gaf ask why everyone was giving Nintendo a hard time and they got the answer, this is nothing compared to the bashing Sony had for PS3, Nintendo should have been prepared, and they are right
    They've sold 90mill Wiis, its time to step up

Sent via Codec

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    The price isn't isn't bad for a new console, but I expect it to be a generation difference which its not and its main selling point is remote play on steroids, something I don't expect something Iike PS4 to have a main selling point but as given, I expect PS4 to do that as a natural evolution of its current remote play
    other then that Mario looks great(sounds terrible, the music isn't as good as the original)
    Someone over gaf ask why everyone was giving Nintendo a hard time and they got the answer, this is nothing compared to the bashing Sony had for PS3, Nintendo should have been prepared, and they are right

Sent via Codec
    I cant fault nintendo for doing what they do i mean in their past up to the Gamecube they always put out high tech powerful consoles on the market. The n64 and GCN where powerful consoles and sold poorly for them. Regardless personally I dont mind having 2 consoles like i did this gen. like you said TGO its not a bad price for a NEW console however at the moment and ill be honest the Wii U leave alot to be wanted even tho i love it however i do understand it was just released a week ago by 1st qtr of 2013 we should be a better idea of what the Wii U can do feature wise.

We cant honestly debate Wii U vs other consoles that havent be officially announced yet. Personally im just looking forward to the future of this console because its unknown what its gonna be and the ideas developers come up with on how the gamepad will interact with the game should be interesting. A Killer RPG would be awesome with this setup i think

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84

Sent via Codec
    That's the thing though. If the PS4/Xbox 720/whatever the hell it's gonna be called is such a jump in tech that everyone believes they're going to be, then I highly doubt that they're going to launch at a $300/£250 price point. Yeah the Wii U launch was pretty rough. I'm pretty lucky that I've had no problems. That's a risk everyone knows they're getting into with a new system launch. Especially nowadays with patching and everything. And yes Nintendo made some boneheaded decisions with this console. For me, I'm taking the bad with the good because I know the majority of the 1st party releases will not disappoint, and there will be a few key solid 3rd party titles as well.

Edit: Also, if the PS4/Vita evolve the remote play as you're assuming, it won't be like the Wii U in that you'd be able to play PS4 games on the Vita. And who knows how much it'll be supported since it'll be two different consoles needed.
    Last edited by RaY_210; 11-26-2012 at 17:52.

Ancient
    Latest news is the PS4 Dev kits shipping are APU + GPU with 12-16gb of ram
    Main focus is 3D 1080p@60 with the ability to multitask all areas on the os on the fly with flawless performance & yet again Sonys future proofing and no repeats of the PS3 launch
    Apparently it aint being made in Japan either
    http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=498008&page=1
    I'm guessing $499 system with the UK as alway paying the additions unequal cost with it being £399 or less
    Sent via Codec

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 11-26-2012 at 19:28.

PSU Technical Advisor
    I really wish I could be a part of the Neogaf community... sigh
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Ancient
    I really wish I could be a part of the Neogaf community... sigh
    Why can't you? a lot of old members from here are & me

Thread Information