Latest PSU headlines:

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style

Dragon Age III: Inquisition Announced!

http://eu.dragonage.com/dragonageii/...=16010&lang=en

Hey everyone,

We are going to do things a little differently today. Some of you may not know who I am so to start out, I´m going to tell you a little bit about myself.
    I joined BioWare in May of 1997 making this year my 15th year with the Company (So, old…). I am a programmer by training and implemented the AI, scripting, and combat systems in Baldur´s Gate. After that, I moved into a lead programmer role on Tales of the Sword Coast, BG2, and Shadows of Amn. I kept my hands dirty during this time; you have me to blame for the wild mage.
    After the Baldur´s Gate series, I was the lead programmer on Jade Empire, though I made a brief detour to implement the first version of the DM client in Neverwinter Nights.
    Then through a weird series of un-relatable stories, I ended up on BioWare´s handheld title Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. I started out as Lead Programmer and finished in charge of the project. Along the way I managed to write a scripting language somehow WORSE than the one in BG, yet at the same time coded a stats system that I am VERY proud of. Fundamentally, the core achievement was that you could not die after you had already; it´s surprising how hard that can be to ensure, sometimes.
    Finally I moved over to the Dragon Age franchise. I have been the Executive Producer since just before Dragon Age: Origins shipped.
    I am part of an active D&D campaign, love collecting pen and paper stuff and like walks on the beach.
    Actually I don´t like walks on the beach, too smooshy.
    Okay, enough about me, why have I called you all here today?
    I am pleased to confirm that we are, in fact, working on the next Dragon Age game. Not a big surprise to most of you, I know. We have been working on it in some way for about two years now with the bulk of our efforts ramping up about 18 months ago.
    Part of that effort has involved you, our fans, and the feedback you´ve provided for Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age II, and their DLC. We´ve visited message boards, read reviews, and we´ve gone to events to have direct face to face conversations with some of our most passionate fans. We´ve been listening, and we will continue to listen.
    Recently, I said that we didn´t want to talk about Dragon Age III unless we had something to show. I´m trying to stick to that plan and won´t be revealing much today. That said, a lot of information and rumors have surfaced recently and we don´t want to hide from them. There are a BUNCH of things that I really want to share with you but I want to do this right, and doing it right requires some more time.
    So here´s what I can confirm for now:

• The next game will be called Dragon Age III: Inquisition.
    • We won´t be talking about the story of the game today. Though you can make some guesses from the title.
    • This game is being made by a lot of the same team that has been working on Dragon Age since Dragon Age: Origins. It´s composed of both experienced BioWare veterans and talented new developers.
    • We are working on a new engine which we believe will allow us to deliver a more expansive world, better visuals, more reactivity to player choices, and more customization. At PAX East, we talked about armour and followers… Yeah, that kind of customisation. We´ve started with Frostbite 2 from DICE as a foundation to accomplish this.

There´s much more to talk about, of course, but it will have to wait until it´s ready for the prime time.
    We are going to be as open as we can. We will continue to have a dialogue with you and answer what questions we can. Keep providing us with your feedback. I´m excited about what we are working on and I hope that you will be too. I know this is going to be hard to believe, but it is just as hard for me not to tell you stuff as it is for you to wait.

With thanks for your enthusiasm, and your patience, Mark

Superior Member

im interested to see what effects frostbite 2 has on this game, glad its finally been announced though, was kinda disappointed in 2 because it was no way near dragon age: origins

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If they get back to the roots of what made Origins great, I'm all in for this one. The second did some things great but fell far short of the first in my opinion.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member
    I absolutely loved Origins but if this game follows the play style in DragonAgeII they can keep it as far as I'm concerned. I really couldn't stand playing part 2.

Master Guru
    Sounds awesome. I love the Dragon Age franchise.

Ultimate Veteran
    I enjoyed Origins as well. The levels were more open-ended and interesting.

PSN ID
    siftinglurker88
    Can't wait for this game. origins was defiantly the better game out of the two but I did enjoy the combat in the second one

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I haven't seen anyone who prefer DA:2 over DA:O so i am sure bioware understands what they need to do, even there is an EA Logo at the opening.
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Forum Guru
    Well, at least this time they do have a good engine to develop it with. (fast iteration times etc.)

Hopefully they do use it well and give us a proper 'old school' RPG.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

10. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    I'm really excited about this. I love both of the games so much and I'm really excited to see how Inquisition will turn out. I know a lot of people didn't like DA:2, but I actually really liked it. I will agree that the first one was better and there was definitely problems with it, but I still really enjoyed it. So with Bioware knowing what fans didn't like about the DA:2, I really interested to see what Inquisition will be like. Also I'm really interested in how it will look with it being made with Frostbite 2.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    So,

-DA:O is based on the medieval Templars
    -DA:2 (garbage didn't bother taking any notice)
    -DA3:I is based on the Romans (or Roman Catholics for those pedantic's out there)

so, elder scrolls morrowind talking edition?

the story has a good base. hopefully they don't screw it up.

also, what platforms could it be coming to?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Member
    I'm interested, but after DA2 (Which I still liked, the dlc was great) and ME3 (That ending yo) I'm holding my breath.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Dedicated Member
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. I enjoyed DA2 as much as the first game. It was faster paced, but in my opinion just as fun. Looking forward to the 3rd for sure.

Master Poster
    Am I the only one who liked Dragon Age 2? I felt like the combat was a right step forward but the environments suffered. If they can take the Combat system from DA2 and basically put it in DA:O DA3 will be a much better product for it...or they could even give players the option between which battle system they want...the streamlined version of 2 or the more tactical system from DA:O...though I have to say with the Doctors leaving Bioware...Im going to feel a lot more hesistant to pick up a bioware game......I really wish Microsoft bought Bioware when they had the chance...I see DA3 having co-op or some sort of multiplayer forced into it because of EA
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryAim View Post
    Am I the only one who liked Dragon Age 2? I felt like the combat was a right step forward but the environments suffered. If they can take the Combat system from DA2 and basically put it in DA:O DA3 will be a much better product for it...or they could even give players the option between which battle system they want...the streamlined version of 2 or the more tactical system from DA:O...though I have to say with the Doctors leaving Bioware...Im going to feel a lot more hesistant to pick up a bioware game......I really wish Microsoft bought Bioware when they had the chance...I see DA3 having co-op or some sort of multiplayer forced into it because of EA
    The combat in 2 was better imo but they just trimmed so much of the good stuff from DA:O. Mostly the size and variety of the environments. That is what made DA:O so much fun to me. The quest were very bland and too linear as well. Wasn't a bad game by any means but just not a good sequel to me.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information