Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    I had absolutely zero interest in the first one.

Now that Nintendo is publishing it, I actually care a bit more.

Exclusives make a console special. I prefer exclusive games, on whatever console they are on. If Halo or Gears went multiplat, I would lose interest in them. Same way I lost interest in the Mass Effect series.

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Nintendo is publishing this game from what I read so I doubt it will ever go multi platform.

I planned on getting a Wii U so I may pick this game up and see what all this drama is about lol
    Microsoft published Ninja Gaiden 2 too,
    Though I believe if it did go multiplat, it would be better on Wii U unless they Sigma it
    In fact with the state Sega are in, I do expect a port but lets just hope Sega don't do the porting lol
    Anyway who said exclusives are dead
    Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 09-18-2012 at 21:47.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    I had absolutely zero interest in the first one. Now that Nintendo is publishing it, I actually care a bit more. Exclusives make a console special. I prefer exclusive games, on whatever console they are on. If Halo or Gears went multiplat, I would lose interest in them. Same way I lost interest in the Mass Effect series.
    That makes no sense. If a game is good then its good regardless of whether or not it can only be played on one console. Knowing another console userbase is also enjoying the same game certainly isnt going to ruin my own enjoyment of it. I just dont understand that sort of mindset at all. If you lost interest in the ME series just because it went multiplatform then you weren't really a fan of the series to begin with. Its not like going multiplatform ruined ME2 or ME3 in any way. Dont get me wrong I enjoy having exclusives but to stop playing a series that you've always enjoyed just because it went multiplatform is just ridiculous. The only way I can understand that is if the quality or direction of that series somehow changed for the worst after going multiplatform. But to "lose interest" for the sole reason of going multiplatform makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-18-2012 at 22:17.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    That makes no sense. If a game is good then its good regardless of whether or not it can only be played on one console. Knowing another console userbase is also enjoying the same game certainly isnt going to ruin my own enjoyment of it. I just dont understand that sort of mindset at all. If you lost interest in the ME series just because it went multiplatform then you weren't really a fan of the series to begin with. Its not like going multiplatform ruined ME2 or ME3 in any way.
    Same here, I enjoy Tekken, RE, FF, DMC all the same
    I put hours into Bayonetta, even completed 3 times
    But its not a title I'd buy a system for, technically I wouldn't buy a console for Tekken if it was a new IP, but Ive got a long history with it so I probably would (That may sound weird) but some games are important to me

Sent via Codec

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Same here, I enjoy Tekken, RE, FF, DMC all the same I put hours into Bayonetta, even completed 3 times But its not a title I'd buy a system for, technically I wouldn't buy a console for Tekken if it was a new IP, but Ive got a long history with it so I probably would (That may sound weird) but some games are important to me Sent via Codec
    Yep exactly. And I know what you mean about having a long history with an IP. Some games are really important to me as well and I wont stop playing them no matter what.

Ancient
    I think a game really needs to grab you by the balls for you to by a console for, the game you can't wait to play & you order the super collectors edition etc
    But Bayonetta isn't one of those titles, although I did get the Climax Edition but thats only because it was the same price as a normal release

Sent via Codec

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Typically its exclusives that make your decision to what console you own. Right now unless your a nintendo fan there isn't outside of that to draw in new people imo

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    That makes no sense. If a game is good then its good regardless of whether or not it can only be played on one console. Knowing another console userbase is also enjoying the same game certainly isnt going to ruin my own enjoyment of it. I just dont understand that sort of mindset at all. If you lost interest in the ME series just because it went multiplatform then you weren't really a fan of the series to begin with. Its not like going multiplatform ruined ME2 or ME3 in any way. Dont get me wrong I enjoy having exclusives but to stop playing a series that you've always enjoyed just because it went multiplatform is just ridiculous. The only way I can understand that is if the quality or direction of that series somehow changed for the worst after going multiplatform. But to "lose interest" for the sole reason of going multiplatform makes no sense to me.
    It went over your head, of course.

Am I a fan of Mass Effect, Halo, or Gears? No. I am not.

The only interest I have or had in them was exclusivity to another system.

I do not buy consoles based on things it has in common with other consoles--e.g. multiplats or basic features--I buy them based on what sets them apart.

The point was not that I'm not going to abandon a series I am an actual fan of just because it went multiplat, but of course without it being necessary to say, all else being equal all those games would be better period if they were exclusive to any console. The first Bayonetta, would have been a better game than it already was if it was simply exclusive to even the 360. No need to split a team to code for different systems afterall, you'll have full manpower concentrating on one architecture.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    It went over your head, of course. Am I a fan of Mass Effect, Halo, or Gears? No. I am not. The only interest I have or had in them was exclusivity to another system. I do not buy consoles based on things it has in common with other consoles--e.g. multiplats or basic features--I buy them based on what sets them apart. The point was not that I'm not going to abandon a series I am an actual fan of just because it went multiplat, but of course without it being necessary to say, all else being equal all those games would be better period if they were exclusive to any console. The first Bayonetta, would have been a better game than it already was if it was simply exclusive to even the 360. No need to split a team to code for different systems afterall, you'll have full manpower concentrating on one architecture.
    What do you mean it went over my head of course? What was that supposed to mean? Just try explaining what you mean without the insult. And secondly I disagree with your theory that exclusives are always better than multiplatform. ME2 and ME3 were just as good as ME1 for example. Exclusitivity doesn't always guarantee better quality than multiplatform. So after reading your explaination it sounds to me like I unerstood you just fine the first time after all and I still disagree with you. So maybe its my post that went over YOUR head. lol And only being interested in a game not because youre a fan but because its exclusive makes no sense. I'm only interested in a game or a series because I'm either a fan or it looks like something I want to play be it exclusive or multiplatform.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-19-2012 at 04:51.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    It went over your head because you immediately launched into a thoughtless strawman tirade about, addressing points that were never said;

"That makes no sense. If a game is good then its good regardless of whether or not it can only be played on one console."

This was the expected quality of response from you, is all I'm saying.

Both Mass Effect 2 and 3 would have been better games if they stayed exclusive to the 360. This is inarguable. Whether they were technological improvements over the first one, is irrelevant.They were made later, with more experience, and that tipped the balance there. --None of the games were all that big a jump in graphics over the one just prior either.

You would, for example, have no problem finding late PS2 games that looked far better than early X-Box 1 games.

Ancient
    I think he was referring to the PS3, cuz there is a chance it would be different? I guess?
    And Bayonetta was built & optimised for 360
    PS3 owers got Segas attempt at porting it

Sent via Codec

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    It went over your head because you immediately launched into a thoughtless strawman tirade about, addressing points that were never said; "That makes no sense. If a game is good then its good regardless of whether or not it can only be played on one console." This was the expected quality of response from you, is all I'm saying. Both Mass Effect 2 and 3 would have been better games if they stayed exclusive to the 360. This is inarguable. Whether they were technological improvements over the first one, is irrelevant.They were made later, with more experience, and that tipped the balance there. --None of the games were all that big a jump in graphics over the one just prior either. You would, for example, have no problem finding late PS2 games that looked far better than early X-Box 1 games.
    Expected quality of my response? Still resorting to insults rather are we? lol Are you really that incapable of having a mature discussion? lol I disagree about the Mass Effect series. I enjoyed all 3 equally and they were all of similar quality. Sounds like your whole argument is based on conjecture and speculation. Talk about a straw man argument. lol

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I think he was referring to the PS3, cuz there is a chance it would be different? I guess? And Bayonetta was built & optimised for 360 PS3 owers got Segas attempt at porting it Sent via Codec
    Yeah there are some cases like that which is why I said not always.

Ultimate Veteran
    Its nice to see the wiiu get this as an exclusive.iam not a fan of this series any ways

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Expected quality of my response? Still resorting to insults rather are we? lol Are you really that incapable of having a mature discussion? lol I disagree about the Mass Effect series. I enjoyed all 3 equally and they were all of similar quality. Sounds like your whole argument is based on conjecture and speculation. Talk about a straw man argument. lol
    I'm not fussed about anything, just making an observation really.

To sum up your posting history, either you post a throw-away two word post; 'I agree', or you post a longer one that runs on and sounds quite confused. The latter is what we got here.

Just saying. And now, you apparently can't even use the word term
    strawman competently.

Its ok if you disagree. It's not relevant. You can also disagree with me on the size of the moon. It's simply an axiom, and thus unnecessary to even state, that spreading resources is going to lead to lower quality, all else being equal.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm not fussed about anything, just making an observation really. To sum up your posting history, either you post a throw-away two word post; 'I agree', or you post a longer one that runs on and sounds quite confused. The latter is what we got here. Just saying. And now, you apparently can't even use the word term strawman competently. Its ok if you disagree. It's not relevant. You can also disagree with me on the size of the moon. It's simply an axiom, and thus unnecessary to even state, that spreading resources is going to lead to lower quality, all else being equal.
    Wow what a bunch of senseless babble. All you could come up with is some rambling tirade about my past posting habits? What about the actual topic? Talk about a post that runs on and sounds quite confused. I've given you an example where multiplatform doesn't always mean lower quality. So you can disagree with me its ok but its irrelevant at this point anyway since you cant seem to form a competent rebuttal.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-19-2012 at 08:23.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Red Orb, please stop talking about the quality of someone's posting history, please discuss the topic on hand. No need to nit pick at someones post like that.

33x

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Wow what a bunch of senseless babble. All you could come up with is some rambling tirade about my past posting habits? What about the actual topic? Talk about a post that runs on and sounds quite confused. I've given you an example where multiplatform doesn't always mean lower quality. So you can disagree with me its ok but its irrelevant at this point anyway since you cant seem to form a competent rebuttal.
    No, I'm afraid you gave no example at all of your argument. And any attempt you did present was something I addressed already as bunk. I simply did so while demonstrating to you how confused you are regarding your comprehension of my initial post (i.e. you presented a strawman in response to it, probably without even realizing) and your efforts overall here, is all. --There is no example where a game being multiplat would not be better if the same game was made exclusive during development. GTA4 showed us that, with a world much smaller than San Andreas' and less content as well. FF13 showed us that also, and then guess what, FF13-2 actually looked worse than FF13 since the engine had to be modified more for cross-platform development this time. As seen in this edition of Lens of Truth here.

Talk about competency, you stopped attempting to argue a point several posts ago. Rather, you just dipped into the 'omg u r so mean 2 me, and I still disagree!' realm.

To summarize once more:

1. If I'm not a fan of a game to begin with, exclusivity to any system will give a little more interest to me. Simply because the experience can only be found one way. Rarity makes anything more alluring.

2. To address your strawman again; "If a game is good then its good regardless of whether or not it can only be played on one console." This is a slack-jawed, obvious statement, and irrelevant to my initial statement. I do actually own multiplat games of course. Because they are good games. Irrelevant to the statement that they would be better if they were exclusively developed of course--whether for the 360 or PS3, it doesn't matter.

You won't have much to say but repeating what was outlined already, I'm sure; "somestuffbeforethis, lol I still disagree." Ok. Good to know I guess. Let me know when you have an actual point to make.
    Last edited by RedOrb_Collector; 09-19-2012 at 15:46.

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    As an outsiders perspective on this argument.
    Even with his lack of paragraphing, Radgamers posts make a lot more sense, and have much more valid points, then Redorbs overly aggressive nonsense.

Elite Guru
    I had absolutely zero interest in the first one.

Now that Nintendo is publishing it, I actually care a bit more.

Exclusives make a console special. I prefer exclusive games, on whatever console they are on. If Halo or Gears went multiplat, I would lose interest in them. Same way I lost interest in the Mass Effect series.
    Out of interest, what do you say about Gears of War 1? How did that game earn a special place in your heart when it's first game was released on PC, earning the title 'multi-platform'?

I'd actually ask the same question about Halo, which also had PC versions.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Do elaborate. What 'valid points' are you referring to?

The one in which he presented his statement of "If a game is good then its good regardless of whether or not it can only be played on one console." as if it was supposed to be something diametrically opposed to my paraphrased stance of "I prefer exclusive titles"?

That was a strawman.

Or maybe the bit where he did little more than repeat "I disagree"?

I won't apologize for any perceived aggressiveness. I simply have a low tolerance for what I perceive as slowness.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Out of interest, what do you say about Gears of War 1? How did that game earn a special place in your heart when it's first game was released on PC, earning the title 'multi-platform'?

I'd actually ask the same question about Halo, which also had PC versions.
    Neither game has a 'special place' in my heart. I am not a fan of either.

They were simply quick examples, but since you asked, being released to a non-uniform station like 'PCs' doesn't actually offset me at all. Its another realm to me entirely. What with possibly having to buy other external hardware to make sure the game runs at highest settings, and a modding community etc. Games on PC are the invariably the best option with all this in mind. Even if its fully optimized on consoles.

Ancient
    I think I know where Redorb collector is coming from, its not that he is disagreeing that "a good game is good regardless of it being multiplatform" its more that the response he is getting is jumpy and vague
    Disregarding Redorbs opinion with no bullet points for Redorb to respond to, other then your wrong and you don't have a valid reason behind your opinion which is mainly down to Rad maybe not understanding what Redorb was saying and jumping on it because he assumed something else was being implied ?
    Any its just continued like that even when Redorb tried to explain, a miss understanding?
    Thats what I think anyway lol

Sent via Codec

24. Likes zex494 likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Cmon guys...Who cares? Let it go and discuss the matter at hand!

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Cmon guys...Who cares? Let it go and discuss the matter at hand!
    Indeed, it was just a miss understanding
    Ummm I got nothing else to say about the exclusive thing, other then Nintendo fanboys are delusional
    Been reading on gaf man, everything from FF going exclusive to Nintendo again and devs using Wii U as lead platform for PS4/720 games and just upping the texture!
    They really believe the Wii U is powerful in that sense

Sent via Codec

Thread Information