Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
Results 51 to 58 of 58
  1. #51
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    No, I'm afraid you gave no example at all of your argument. And any attempt you did present was something I addressed already as bunk. I simply did so while demonstrating to you how confused you are regarding your comprehension of my initial post (i.e. you presented a strawman in response to it, probably without even realizing) and your efforts overall here, is all. --There is no example where a game being multiplat would not be better if the same game was made exclusive during development. GTA4 showed us that, with a world much smaller than San Andreas' and less content as well. FF13 showed us that also, and then guess what, FF13-2 actually looked worse than FF13 since the engine had to be modified more for cross-platform development this time. As seen in this edition of Lens of Truth here. Talk about competency, you stopped attempting to argue a point several posts ago. Rather, you just dipped into the 'omg u r so mean 2 me, and I still disagree!' realm. To summarize once more: 1. If I'm not a fan of a game to begin with, exclusivity to any system will give a little more interest to me. Simply because the experience can only be found one way. Rarity makes anything more alluring. 2. To address your strawman again; "If a game is good then its good regardless of whether or not it can only be played on one console." This is a slack-jawed, obvious statement, and irrelevant to my initial statement. I do actually own multiplat games of course. Because they are good games. Irrelevant to the statement that they would be better if they were exclusively developed of course--whether for the 360 or PS3, it doesn't matter. You won't have much to say but repeating what was outlined already, I'm sure; "somestuffbeforethis, lol I still disagree." Ok. Good to know I guess. Let me know when you have an actual point to make.
    Wow. You sure do ramble alot. Well its pretty pointless to try to have any kind of intelligent discussion with you because its like trying to debate with an 8 year old. Any game I bring up you'll just say I disagree. I'm still waiting for you to make a valid point instead of just babbling on about nothing. And if you honestly dont think Mass Effect is a good quality series for example then thats evidence enough to me that you dont know what youre talking about anyway. Games like Resistance and Haze were exclusive but are of lower quality than games like ME or Skyrim. Some games like FF should have stayed PS3 exclusive but exclusive doesn't always guarantee quality. Too Human on 360 was exclusive but also lower quality than alot of multiplatform games.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-19-2012 at 18:26.

  2. #52
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I think I know where Redorb collector is coming from, its not that he is disagreeing that "a good game is good regardless of it being multiplatform" its more that the response he is getting is jumpy and vague Disregarding Redorbs opinion with no bullet points for Redorb to respond to, other then your wrong and you don't have a valid reason behind your opinion which is mainly down to Rad maybe not understanding what Redorb was saying and jumping on it because he assumed something else was being implied ? Any its just continued like that even when Redorb tried to explain, a miss understanding? Thats what I think anyway lol Sent via Codec
    Red Orb gave me no bullet points to respond to either. I used ME as an example and all he came up with is I disagree and some childish insults. He was even warned by staff in this thread.

  3. #53
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,504
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    12,885 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Red Orb gave me no bullet points to respond to either. I used ME as an example and all he came up with is I disagree and some childish insults. He was even warned by staff in this thread.
    Yeah think thats because he was annoyed, hence the insults I still think it was a big miss understanding though

    Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 09-19-2012 at 18:48.

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  4. #54
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Yeah think thats because he was annoyed, I guess hence the insults I still think it was a big miss understanding though Sent via Codec
    Well if he gets that annoyed over a simple discussion to the point of resorting to infantile behavior like insulting people then he obviously lacks the maturity to be on this forum. You dont need to make excuses for him.

  5. #55
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,464
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    31,894 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So.......completely ignoring my post....sign.....ok then

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  6. #56
    Superior Member
    zex494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sanc Kingdom
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Age
    27
    Posts
    550
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    2,263 (0 Banked)
    Dont really care. Nintendo can have this,give me a proper Devil May Cry PS3 title with the real Dante any day.
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

  7. Likes Kauldron likes this post
  8. #57
    Master Poster
    RedOrb_Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,013
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    14,342 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Wow. You sure do ramble alot. Well its pretty pointless to try to have any kind of intelligent discussion with you because its like trying to debate with an 8 year old. Any game I bring up you'll just say I disagree. I'm still waiting for you to make a valid point instead of just babbling on about nothing. And if you honestly dont think Mass Effect is a good quality series for example then thats evidence enough to me that you dont know what youre talking about anyway. Games like Resistance and Haze were exclusive but are of lower quality than games like ME or Skyrim. Some games like FF should have stayed PS3 exclusive but exclusive doesn't always guarantee quality. Too Human on 360 was exclusive but also lower quality than alot of multiplatform games.
    Bravo Radgamer, Bravo.

    Thank you for continuing to demonstrate your complete, and utter lack of reading comprehension, which inevitably lead to a flailing mass of run on statements addressing invisible points, that, because of which, you will have no ability to point out occuring anywhere in this thread.

    You speak of childish, and ironically your attempt at posting has demonstrated nothing but your novice like grasp of debate-mechanics, with a continued usage of strawmans in an attempt to seem as though you are actually addressing something at all--as opposed to to flailing and reeling about in a desperate attempt to make some statement that actually sticks to the wall. Much like, as you said, a child.

    Seriously. Read. The entire. Exchange. Over again.

    And then realize how stupid this was. Because apparently you've contorted your head into perceiving that I said Mass Effect is low quality, or that an exclusive from one studio can't be inferior to a multiplat from another. Lol at the latter, seriously, as if anyone would make such an idiotic generalization. Lol especially at your Haze example, a $#@!ty game that would have been even $#@!tier if it was multiplat and had split its man-power/resources between the PS3 and 360. Which was the point the entire time. But hey, I get it, you had to feel like you were addressing something at least. Since you can't address what I said, you might as well believe I said something else. Which is, again, the essence of what straw-manning is.

    Anyway, I've said my piece and this thread is crashed and burned as is with us. Apologies for derailing this thread three3, but I wasn't going to let this pass unnoticed.
    Last edited by RedOrb_Collector; 09-20-2012 at 04:27.

  9. Likes Bigdoggy likes this post
  10. #58
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,297
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    6,495 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm going to go ahead and close this now.

    If you want to discuss Bayonetta 2, please do so in this thread.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.