Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

The games you regret purchasing and are stuck with

Shattered Horizon
    Nice concept for an FPS, being set in space and having complete 360 degree freedom but thats also part of the problem, its easy to become disoriented especially in team play when you want to communicate where an enemy is.
    Add to that the movemnt which is quite realistic but a little too much for an FPS set in space they would have been better allowing quicker changes of direction and more burts of speed. In my opinion.
    Needed a monster computer to run it at decnet frame rates and even when you have the hardware it doesn't look all that great, its in space so its black with a few rocks floating about.
    Needless to say the community died out pretty quick and is now mostly full of bots.

Brink
    Runs crap, plays worse.
    Weapons have Aim Down Sight mechanic but it is useless you are better off hip firing.
    2 keys doing 1 action, I hate this. I have over 100 keys to use yet they make "mantle" and "sprint" the same key meaning when I want to sprint I jump over $#@! I do not want to.
    Also the HUD is so full of cra it makes it hard to see enemies at times.

Bioshock
    Probably a good game but the mouse acceleration ludicrous and makes the game completely unplayable for me, its not like other games where it can be turned off in the config files, no these clowns hard coded it in.

P.S

Anyone want to trade games on Steam

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Midnight Club Los Angeles (PS3):
    Very bad cars controlls and steering.
    Gets very boring and repetetive.
    One crash press restart.

Black Mesa (free) (PC):
    Boring
    Not rewarding
    Very hard
    Not interesting

GTA SA:
    Runs very bad even on good computers
    $#@!ty controls
    Save Games mostly non compatible with your version
    Bad story

Saints Row 2:
    Runs very bad, bad optimization
    Horrible animation and graphics
    Way too unrealistic

Btw how can you trade games on steam?

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    GTA4 and Episodes from Liberty City
    Bioshock 2

Mainly because of having to sign in to an Xbox live type account to play them. I think it's Games for Windows account or something? Looks like XBL. For that reason I haven't really played them and refuse to.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    GTA4 and Episodes from Liberty City
    Bioshock 2

Mainly because of having to sign in to an Xbox live type account to play them. I think it's Games for Windows account or something? Looks like XBL. For that reason I haven't really played them and refuse to.
    I completely agree with you, all this windows live and all that crap ruins the whole game experience with all those log ins and registrations.

Supreme Veteran
    Speaking of Games for windows live they delete your account if you do not sign into it after a year or so, not sure if it renders your games useless maybe you could register th ekey to a new account after its deleted?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2938756
    Last edited by keefy; 09-18-2012 at 20:31.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Saints row: the third

Terrible story, boring game, crappy style to it, went backwards in every way compared to SR2( expect graphically and how it's more optimised), one of the worst DLC plans (so much crap that you can tell has obviously been ripped from the actual game and is just mainly items reskinned...) and, well, it just sucks.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Saints row: the third

Terrible story, boring game, crappy style to it, went backwards in every way compared to SR2( expect graphically and how it's more optimised), one of the worst DLC plans (so much crap that you can tell has obviously been ripped from the actual game and is just mainly items reskinned...) and, well, it just sucks.
    I recently finished the second act and think Saints Row: The Third is one of the most entertaining games I've played in a while. And I'm not even doing anything outrageous (never saw the appeal of giant purple $#@!s).

There's a good variety of missions, better characters and various upgrades you can purchase to level up you and your gang. Steelport is also much more interesting of a city than Stilwater. Power-sliding is a nice little addition too.

I am not quite sure what you came into the game thinking. I mean, sure, it doesn't take itself as seriously as Grand Theft Auto but it doesn't need to. It's still a fun little playground of destruction.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 09-22-2012 at 10:02.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post

Black Mesa (free) (PC):
    Boring
    Not rewarding
    Very hard
    Not interesting
    0_0 I've been playing this the last few days and its amazing. Then again I loved Half Life (1,2 and eps) so yeah, I think its an amazing remake and does everything right. It took out some bits and added new things and more clutter and dialogue and scientists. It feels more alive and the gameplay is superb... Minus some of the crouch-jump sections

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    0_0 I've been playing this the last few days and its amazing. Then again I loved Half Life (1,2 and eps) so yeah, I think its an amazing remake and does everything right. It took out some bits and added new things and more clutter and dialogue and scientists. It feels more alive and the gameplay is superb... Minus some of the crouch-jump sections
    I'm still waiting for the game to drop on Steam. I've actually put more hours into Half-Life: Source than I have for Half-Life 2.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    The game isnt bad but i just understood that its a game genre which i completely dislike. I dont understand how people can enjoy playing labyrinth games. Its not my thing but for people which like such genre its pretty decent.

Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    The game isnt bad but i just understood that its a game genre which i completely dislike. I dont understand how people can enjoy playing labyrinth games. Its not my thing but for people which like such genre its pretty decent.
    Fair enough man, everyones got their different tastes.

I mainly like it because there is no custscenes and the whole story is told through the 1 character and what he sees. hears and interacts with. That and its like going through trying to survive ><

Elite Guru
    There's none I truly regret as I'm quite picky with purchases. However, if there's one game that I would have not bothered with until it was £3.75 in a 70% sale, it would be Brink.

Not that the game is catastrophically bad (I was fortunate enough not to have experienced any issues playing the game), it's quite playable for a good 20-30 hours if you're into your achievements etc. It's just nowhere near as good as it should have been. Bled all the skill out of a FPS game and replaced it with mechanics that just didn't translate that well to the PC version.

As it stands, I only regret spending £29.99 upon release. It wasn't worth the entry cost.

Superior Member
    Valhalla Knights 2:Battle Stance(PSP)
    Couldn't find an instore US copy... I wanted my 6 character party lol. Plus I just get bored after awhile playing it.

Star Ocean 1st Departure (PSP)
    Just got bored with it... too Old school.

Rise of the Argonauts (PS3)
    Straight flat out horrible game. Controls kinda suck, camera has issues, nd the story wasn't too great

Under Siege (PSN/PS3)
    Hard for no reason. Some levels don't give you enough soldiers to use especially the crazy defend levels.

Resistance 2 (PS3)
    Franchise wasn't that great to me. Boring story, and Crappy ally A.I
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I'm still waiting for the game to drop on Steam. I've actually put more hours into Half-Life: Source than I have for Half-Life 2.
    You will be in for a long wait.

And Black mesa isnt tied to anyones account, its a FREE mod and easy to remove from Steam froever.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-22-2012 at 14:43.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I recently finished the second act and think Saints Row: The Third is one of the most entertaining games I've played in a while. And I'm not even doing anything outrageous (never saw the appeal of giant purple $#@!s).

There's a good variety of missions, better characters and various upgrades you can purchase to level up you and your gang. Steelport is also much more interesting of a city than Stilwater. Power-sliding is a nice little addition too.

I am not quite sure what you came into the game thinking. I mean, sure, it doesn't take itself as seriously as Grand Theft Auto but it doesn't need to. It's still a fun little playground of destruction.
    Yes i know it may sound silly ( since i really enjoyed SR2) but i just found it...crap. The feel of the game was just something i disliked. I think it was the fact that the saints became all powerful/popular/rich/big timers if you know what i mean. It felt like SR3 was just a quick buck for THQ.

Ancient
    Wet
    I don't know what I was thinking lol
    Battlefield 3
    Everyday since its release I always find my brother on my PS3 playing that stupid game
    Everytime I come home from work, he is on it
    Big new release comes out, I pay through the nose for the BS edition and I'm sat there hearing "just one more game, I wont be long"
    And if I kick up a fuss, he thinks I'm just being a $#@!
    So I pay the internet for him to play on a game religiously on my PS3 on my TV, which stops me doing anything, I sit mostly downstairs after work watching what ever crap my sister is watching because I just can't be arsed anymore
    And before you ask I moved back home when I split up with my ex so I'm under the same roof
    Its a nightmare, especially when I wanna go to bed for work
    Need to get my own place ASAP, but with a child now to support, its kinda hard

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Yes i know it may sound silly ( since i really enjoyed SR2) but i just found it...crap. The feel of the game was just something i disliked. I think it was the fact that the saints became all powerful/popular/rich/big timers if you know what i mean. It felt like SR3 was just a quick buck for THQ.
    SR2 had a lot more attitude and was more gangster and the story was better too. SR3 took it to the next level but it lost a lot of charm I feel. 2 is much better IMO too

Via Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Star Ocean 4:
    I was lost within 5 hrs of the game poor story awful annoying characters throughout the whole game HEY!!

BioShock 2:
    Bland story and after playing it a little you sense it ma have just been rushed out to fill the gap it was ok but not what I expected after 1

Any Final Fantasy After 10:
    Boring, dull, boring dull thats all I have to say about that

Mercenaries 2:
    I'll admit it yeah I did buy it but only because the 1st one was so dam good but 2 was a glitchy awful mess

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    GTA IV and EFLC, AC1, Total War: Shogun 2 are a few.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

PSN ID
    Reaper-Burns
    Two games I regret!!!!

• Heavenly Sword
    • Socom 4

With Heavenly Sword, the concept of gameplay was really primitive to ps3 tech(which now I realize the game was a ps3 original) Bad camera angles too

Socom 4 I bought because I played all other socom's before it! They changed the shooting mechanics for the worse and the company that created stoped caring about the gamers wants (needless to say that company lost its contract with sony

Driver san francisco without a doubt.
    It would of been nice for the series to go towards realism but instead have gone and made a crap arcade game.

Forum Sage
    APB - It looked $#@! before i bought it but i stupidly let my mate convince me into buying it. Played it for 17 minutes then uninstalled it. The game could've been amazing but was just far too flawed.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Wet
    I don't know what I was thinking lol
    Battlefield 3
    Everyday since its release I always find my brother on my PS3 playing that stupid game
    Everytime I come home from work, he is on it
    Big new release comes out, I pay through the nose for the BS edition and I'm sat there hearing "just one more game, I wont be long"
    And if I kick up a fuss, he thinks I'm just being a $#@!
    So I pay the internet for him to play on a game religiously on my PS3 on my TV, which stops me doing anything, I sit mostly downstairs after work watching what ever crap my sister is watching because I just can't be arsed anymore
    And before you ask I moved back home when I split up with my ex so I'm under the same roof
    Its a nightmare, especially when I wanna go to bed for work
    Need to get my own place ASAP, but with a child now to support, its kinda hard

Sent via Codec
    My advice is if he thinks you're being a d*ck, then be a d*ck. Claim your stuff back (i.e. boot him off it), even if only for a short period of time to set ground rules including when and how long he can be in your space.
    Last edited by *goo; 10-06-2012 at 16:44.

Super Elite
    Assassins Creed 1: Concept sounded great but in practice turns out it wasn't for me, the sequels seem like they fixed what I disliked but I have other things to try that haven't disappointed me yet.

Final Fantasy 13: I felt FF12 wasn't a good Final Fantasy but a brilliant RPG, FF13 to me felt like neither, I start it again from time to time thinking I should finish the last part I'm upto before final judgement but I can't stomach it once it's on.

I dislike trading in games so sucks to be me etc
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    GTA IV and EFLC, AC1, Total War: Shogun 2 are a few.
    I really enjoyed playing GTA IV and the addons, why didnt you like it?

Thread Information