Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox

Suggestions (Features/Improvements)

I would like to make a list of features and improvements of the forum. I think that the forum really needs more features and improvements because currently the forum looks kinda outdated in comparison with some other current generation forums. I also want to point out that adding new features/Improvements and keeping the forum up to date is very important. Doing so will attract new forum members and satisfy current members even more and add more motivation to keep posting and communicating. I really like this forum and its community and would like to keep being very active in the future. But i also want it to improve and progress further. I think that PSU has a lot of potential. Let me start listing the additions i would like to see in the forum.

1.) The 500 error issues were fixed and dont appear anymore however browsing the site till causes a lot of other issues especially on mobile devices like (Phones, Tablets etc.). There are also issues even when the forum is being browsed by using a desktop or any computer machine. The most major issues i experience on my computer are:
    The forum interface not being loaded correctly.
    Browser being stuck on loading progress and then just showing up an error.
    Browser crashes (this isnt the browser problem)
    Sometimes a thread or a post takes ages to load even on extremely fast internet connections.
    Many other minor bugs...

Most of this issues should be fixed and forum browsing experience should be improved as well.

2.) Additional payment methods. This is also a very important point cause this is one of the ways the forum earns money. At the moment the forum offers only one payment method and i dont think that this unique option is enough. Other payment methods would be preferable. Btw if there would have been a paysafe card payment method i would definitely buy a one year subscription and maybe even more in the future.

3.) The resolution and size cap of avatars and signature have to be improved. I mean the internet can handle a lot more data nova days and still having a 25kbs limit on avatars is just ridiculous. There are other forums out there which offer a 1mb cap size and very high avatar resolutions. The current resolution is quiet decent and i can understand the resolution limit but the size cap is something that should get rised for sure, while the res could be rised only slightly.

4.) The whole forum interface right now looks kinda outdated and complicated. It could be simplified and cleaned up as well as designed in a better way. I think that when a forum is very simple and looks clean is something really great. Why so many subcategories to options we dont even need nor use. Like those locked options in the account control panel which can be accessed only by administrators and moderators. Why not make those options visible only to mod and admins while regular members cant even see them on the forum interface. By the way we have really great designers on this forum like Kwesnoth and Spyrde, why not ask them if they could make some interface designs like icons text fonts and other stuff?

5.) The shop and the reward points is a great implementation and a nice concept but it could be so much better. At the moment the shop has an awful and complicated interface and the categories and pages of the items available for sale are just completely f..... up. The icons and other items could be sorted much better and have a more attractive shop list as well as more simple and better options for things like username style etc. The points must be a motivation for members to post on this forum so that they can buy something cool from the shop.

6.) The infractions which just gave infraction points for something should expire after some time. I mean after an infraction a member learns from it and tries not to make the same mistake again and after some time like 4 or 5 months the infraction should expire so that the member doesnt get banned by making another mistake which got completely nothing to do with the previous infraction.

These are pretty much all of my suggestions to the forum and hopefully they will be taken seriously. I understand that this features and improvements require great effort but if you have motivation and want to progress with the website further those changes are necessary. As i already said PSU has a lot of potential and can be a lot more popular and better in the future. I must say that i really like posting here and communicating with other members but the forum isnt really progressing further and thats why i decided to take some time and put some effort into this thread.

I know that i wrote a lot of text and that my English isnt great but i still would like to ask you to read all of this and take some time to consider all of this suggestions.

I wish you and the forum all the best

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Cuguy can give you more details when he comes around, but the problem is we only have one programmer, who can only do so much at once. And your first five suggestions would have to be handled by him.

As for the infractions, I agree that they should expire at some point. However, in the past, certain users would wait until their current infraction expired and then immediately go back to trolling/insulting. That's why Cuguy has been against changing it.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    When somebody gets busted while abusing the infraction expiring system he can get perma banned, the thing is that somebody will have to track the infraction history of a member and when discovered the abuse of expiration the member should get perma banned.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    When somebody gets busted while abusing the infraction expiring system he can get perma banned, the thing is that somebody will have to track the infraction history of a member and when discovered the abuse of expiration the member should get perma banned.
    That's a contradiction to the idea of an expiration though.

We could say, "Anyone who breaks the same rule within three months after an expiration on two occasions will be permanently banned". But then we would essentially be extending the expiration by three months. So that member will just wait three more months to break the rule.

So we can either have an expiration or we can't.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    You dont comprehend my idea. Track the history of infractions and if its noticed that the member abuses the system and gets infractions for same broken rules he gets perma banned. The expired infractions must still be in the history even though they dont give any infraction points. So that they can inform an admin or mod if the member abuses the expiration system of infractions.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    You dont comprehend my idea. Track the history of infractions and if its noticed that the member abuses the system and gets infractions for same broken rules he gets perma banned. The expired infractions must still be in the history even though they dont give any infraction points. So that they can inform an admin or mod if the member abuses the expiration system of infractions.
    So you're saying there should be a limit on how many times a specific rule can be broken?

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    So you're saying there should be a limit on how many times a specific rule can be broken?
    Yes thats right. Lets say get 3 infractions on same rule, perma bann. Even if your 2 previous infraction got expired and dont have any points.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I wish my current infraction would not be as visible as it is right now, lol.

I don't even get what it's saying anyways. 1/0 (0). Ok?

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I have to add some more information to my infractions expiration system idea:
    Before implementations all the infractions and warnings must be reset.
    Only after 3 same rule infractions a member gets perma banned, warnings doesnt count but must be still considered seriously.
    Expiration time depends on infraction type and points amount.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I wish my current infraction would not be as visible as it is right now, lol.

I don't even get what it's saying anyways. 1/0 (0). Ok?
    You have one warning, thats what it says.

Im sorry for double posting, cant edit my previous post because of forum issues on my ipad which should preferably get fixed as well.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I would like to make a list of features and improvements of the forum. I think that the forum really needs more features and improvements because currently the forum looks kinda outdated in comparison with some other current generation forums. I also want to point out that adding new features/Improvements and keeping the forum up to date is very important. Doing so will attract new forum members and satisfy current members even more and add more motivation to keep posting and communicating. I really like this forum and its community and would like to keep being very active in the future. But i also want it to improve and progress further. I think that PSU has a lot of potential. Let me start listing the additions i would like to see in the forum.

1.) The 500 error issues were fixed and dont appear anymore however browsing the site till causes a lot of other issues especially on mobile devices like (Phones, Tablets etc.). There are also issues even when the forum is being browsed by using a desktop or any computer machine. The most major issues i experience on my computer are:
    The forum interface not being loaded correctly.
    Browser being stuck on loading progress and then just showing up an error.
    Browser crashes (this isnt the browser problem)
    Sometimes a thread or a post takes ages to load even on extremely fast internet connections.
    Many other minor bugs...

Most of this issues should be fixed and forum browsing experience should be improved as well.

2.) Additional payment methods. This is also a very important point cause this is one of the ways the forum earns money. At the moment the forum offers only one payment method and i dont think that this unique option is enough. Other payment methods would be preferable. Btw if there would have been a paysafe card payment method i would definitely buy a one year subscription and maybe even more in the future.

3.) The resolution and size cap of avatars and signature have to be improved. I mean the internet can handle a lot more data nova days and still having a 25kbs limit on avatars is just ridiculous. There are other forums out there which offer a 1mb cap size and very high avatar resolutions. The current resolution is quiet decent and i can understand the resolution limit but the size cap is something that should get rised for sure, while the res could be rised only slightly.

4.) The whole forum interface right now looks kinda outdated and complicated. It could be simplified and cleaned up as well as designed in a better way. I think that when a forum is very simple and looks clean is something really great. Why so many subcategories to options we dont even need nor use. Like those locked options in the account control panel which can be accessed only by administrators and moderators. Why not make those options visible only to mod and admins while regular members cant even see them on the forum interface. By the way we have really great designers on this forum like Kwesnoth and Spyrde, why not ask them if they could make some interface designs like icons text fonts and other stuff?

5.) The shop and the reward points is a great implementation and a nice concept but it could be so much better. At the moment the shop has an awful and complicated interface and the categories and pages of the items available for sale are just completely f..... up. The icons and other items could be sorted much better and have a more attractive shop list as well as more simple and better options for things like username style etc. The points must be a motivation for members to post on this forum so that they can buy something cool from the shop.

6.) The infractions which just gave infraction points for something should expire after some time. I mean after an infraction a member learns from it and tries not to make the same mistake again and after some time like 4 or 5 months the infraction should expire so that the member doesnt get banned by making another mistake which got completely nothing to do with the previous infraction.

These are pretty much all of my suggestions to the forum and hopefully they will be taken seriously. I understand that this features and improvements require great effort but if you have motivation and want to progress with the website further those changes are necessary. As i already said PSU has a lot of potential and can be a lot more popular and better in the future. I must say that i really like posting here and communicating with other members but the forum isnt really progressing further and thats why i decided to take some time and put some effort into this thread.

I know that i wrote a lot of text and that my English isnt great but i still would like to ask you to read all of this and take some time to consider all of this suggestions.

I wish you and the forum all the best
    He finds himself woke up in the past, fighting mirror images that are not his own. Trying to change history for the better, his only help on this journey is AL, a person from his own time. That appears as a hologram that only he can see and he. Thriving to put right that once went wrong. And hoping that the next leap would be the leap home
    Last edited by claud3; 09-20-2012 at 08:58.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

12. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Thats a nice poem but it was unnecessary. I believe that the suggestions and improvements i listed are very realistic to be done. To bring improvements and new features to the forum members, admins and programmers should work together and only then the forum will have what it needs and what i suggested. Posting poems or verses wont help in that matter at all.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    By the way, it seems infractions expire after 6 months now. Cuguy made some changes to the rules a month or so ago, and I guess that was one of them.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    By the way, it seems infractions expire after 6 months now. Cuguy made some changes to the rules a month or so ago, and I guess that was one of them.
    My infraction however didnt expire. By the way Is the programmer in charge of the forum works full time?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    My infraction however didnt expire.
    Yeah, I'll check with Cuguy to see what the situation is with previous infractions.

By the way Is the programmer in charge of the forum works full time?
    Not sure.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Please find out if the programmer of psu works full time.

Looks like nobody wants to improve the forum or is just lazy to discuss such an important topic. The forums needs improvements and an addition of new features. There is absolutely nothing that changes in terms of forum quality and then people wonder why the forum is dying.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I would suggest you PM cuguy into this matter.

However what keeps our community going are active members. As far as features as it sits its functional and works yes they can be improvement but doesn't stop anyone from being active on the forums bro

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

19. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Mine never expired.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Mine never expired.
    Your two latest warnings will expire. Your two infractions were done months ago though.

I asked Cuguy to check out this thread, so hopefully he can shed some more light.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Your two latest warnings will expire. Your two infractions were done months ago though.

I asked Cuguy to check out this thread, so hopefully he can shed some more light.
    Please deal with all of the infractions issues and not individually to members. Also Cuguy should be more active if he is such an important member of the administration. If he has personal problems he should give his position to somebody who can deal with the job and be active.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I would suggest you PM cuguy into this matter.

However what keeps our community going are active members. As far as features as it sits its functional and works yes they can be improvement but doesn't stop anyone from being active on the forums bro
    I strongly disagree with you. If the forum will be functional and no improvements or features implementations will be made, no new members will be attracted and members will eventually leave as well. Lately we have lost a noticeable amount of veterans. You cant really understand the position of the forum as you are new here.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 09-20-2012 at 20:16.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Please deal with all of the infractions issues and not individually to members.
    Of course. That's what I meant.

Also Cuguy should be more active if he is such an important member of the administration. If he has personal problems he should give his position to somebody who can deal with the job and be active.
    He's usually the most active person on this forum. He's just going through a temporary problem right now.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    He's usually the most active person on this forum. He's just going through a temporary problem right now.
    Temporary problems require temporary solutions, especially when you are an administrator of a forum and your colleagues moderators dont even know how to add a smily.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Temporary problems require temporary solutions, especially when you are an administrator of a forum and your colleagues moderators dont even know how to add a smily.
    The temporary solution was to give more authority to the admins, which he did. And the admins can handle all of the pertinent issues. Smilies, rule changes, etc, are not urgent matters.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    The temporary solution was to give more authority to the admins, which he did. And the admins can handle all of the pertinent issues. Smilies, rule changes, etc, are not urgent matters.
    Please explain how a person can address urgent matters if the person cant even add a smily? Pretty much everything you stated said that you will have to ask Cuguy and that you cant handle the infractions and other important issues without him. Im not trying to offend you nor Cuguy but i really think that you need some real, constructive and decisive feedback. Im glad that you at least post in here and keep up being active, but that is not enough.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Please explain how a person can address urgent matters if the person cant even add a smily? Pretty much everything you stated said that you will have to ask Cuguy and that you cant handle the infractions and other important issues without him. Im not trying to offend you nor Cuguy but i really think that you need some real, constructive and decisive feedback. Im glad that you at least post in here and keep up being active, but that is not enough.
    Smilies are not important though. That's my point.

But as an example of what I'm talking about: Cuguy usually handles the creation of new forums or needs to at least give permission. But since he's not around much right now, I went ahead and created the Tokyo Game Show 2012 forum on my own. That's something that is pertinent and needed to be added on time.

Thread Information