Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - TGS 2012 trailer

Updated the OP with the English trailer:

Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-01-2012 at 08:41.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Man i love all this fact action. I will be picking this up day one until the real metal gear solid arrives.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

3. Likes bigCman123 likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Some gamers who played MGS4 wanted to control Raiden and be the same kind of badass he was in that game. Platinum have seemingly delivered! This game looks AWESOME! I know it's not MGS but the MGS world + Platinum Games = Recipe for badass action game.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. DAT 60FPS!
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

6. Likes bigCman123 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    $#@! IN MY PANTS....

Just click on the play button and moment I saw Raiden slashing on that 60fps I...JIMP.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    As expected, the story looks stupid and cheesy while the gameplay looks $#@!ING ORGASMIC.

9. Likes Admartian likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Damn..looks cool. Can't wait to try it out.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Veteran
    Amazing. Still indifferent to it being MGS canon but I always believed this will deliver as a quality action video game.
    Last edited by Bio; 09-24-2012 at 06:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Super Elite
    Not a big fan if I'm honest. I've never been a fan of hack and slash games. The graphics look good though.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Dedicated Member
    Platinum games is an amazing developer. I loved Bayonetta and I'm sure I will love this too. All the bosses look so awesome.

The dramatic somewhat over the top way that Platinum presents their characters has sort of reminded me of MGS. Probably just a Japanese thing.

I think they have certainly succeeded in delivering on the original promises of Metal Gear Rising. I hope MGR becomes a series. I could see a Gray Fox game in our future (or something like that).
    Last edited by bigCman123; 09-28-2012 at 02:18.

14. Likes Gaddes likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    Here is the English trailer:

Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Apprentice
    Looks amazing.

I will pick this up on day 1.

This, together with GOW Ascension, Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, Assassin's Creed 3 and whatever else comes around or that I've forgotton, will keep me busy until at least a year into PS4.

SO MANY GREAT GAMES!

But seriously, MGR Revengeance has all the potential to become a franchise. I can see it branche off of MGS (which it does anyway, because it's MGR, not MGS, and it's a different genre) and run parallel to the MGS franchise. It all happens in the Metal Gear universe (with a little freedom on the MGR side I suppose and hope) but it's totally different games.

Raiden looks badass. But this game also scares the $#@! out of me. The bar-code on his head... The micro-chipped population... all that $#@! that is REAL! I guess this game could be somewhat of a reminder what we have to avoid. Kind of like the original Dead Space did. That writing on the wall "Where would you be without science?" and all the corpses in front if it.... Because in Dead Space, humanity uses technology to further destroy the balance of life and the universe in general by methods like "planet cracking".

MGR has the potential to deliver a great message. I hope they get it right and don't go the "Cyborgs are so cool" route. I hope it will be a story that challanges the player and makes him/her think about our society and the global system that we're stuck in, which moves right towards a micro-chipped population, cashless society, every aspect of our lives monitored and controlled by the system.

Enough talking - Im HYPED for this game! I still can't believe how good it looks. It runs at a steady 40-60FPS and looks amazing! Of course - the FOX engine build LOOKED better (textures), and the early trailers of the PlatinumGames-build didn't look that good. But they really managed to polish it and make it look very very good. I can't complain. Everything looks fine and it has a much more vibrant, fast-paced feel to it than the FOX-engine build. But still, the fox-engine build had something to it... it looked a lot slower, but it looked cool. But I have 100% faith in PlatinumGames that they will deliver a high-quality action-title.

I'm glad to see that finally, this game gets some respect and attention. I couldn't hear all the whining and $#@!ing about MGR... it's the same with the DMC reboot. It's a REBOOT. Deal with it, and enjoy it. I guess it's always a matter of time and maturity. When enough mature people (I don't mean the age by the way!) have written comments about it, the others will at least think about it.

Awesometacular!

Veteran
    lol outside of the Prime Minister and Raiden, the voice acting is hilarious.

Really excited for this game. I want to replay the entire MGS canon, though...so I have to play this game LAST.

;_________________;

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    lol outside of the Prime Minister and Raiden, the voice acting is hilarious.

Really excited for this game. I want to replay the entire MGS canon, though...so I have to play this game LAST.

;_________________;
    The weird thing is that two Metal Gear Games are in development at the same time. I wondering if I should bother replaying them now with Rising or just wait and replay them for Ground Zeroes.

Hmm.... I could replay them all for both titles!

Apprentice
    The black guy who says "they could destabilize the entire region"... lol... I wonder if this is the exact line that he says at this moment, because if it is, the synchronization/animation of the lips/mouth is terrible.

Many of the lines in this trailer were said NOT by the characters on screen I think. For example the sentence where someone says "blabla big old conspiracy?" - I think this is said by the Cyborg with the red sword.

I never played a Metal Gear game before (Rising will be my first MG experience, but I guess I'll download the MG HD collection if there is one on PS Store), but I watched some cutscenes from MGS4 and there, Raiden fought a guy I guess was called "Vamp" or somethin like that, because he always licked off the blood and/or cyborg fluid (the white stuff) from his knife when he stabbed someone - especially Raiden. But I remember an interview with one of the developers of MGR Revengeance, and he said that Raiden's competetor (the cyborg with the long brown hair and, silver cyborg suit and red sword) is NOT "Vamp" - the guy from MGS4.

I'm so excited for this title. It looks so cool. Can't wait for the story too. It seems like this guy Jack a.k.a. Raiden had a very bad life and I have a feeling that his story will be predictable, but strong and emotional. That's what the trailer tells me, but that's just me.

At first I thought that it was a bad choice to let PlatinumGames develop MGR, because the footage of MGR running on the FOX engine looked so good. But to be honest - the footage of MGR by PlatinumGames looks much more exciting and a lot more fun. The effects and the animations are so much more action-packed. I like the way he fights with his sword. In the FOX engine demo, he just did regular sword moves (swinging it around, single blows and all that stuff), but PlatinumGames really did some crazy stuff that looks amazing.
    I still wonder what the game would look like if the current consoles were stronger and could run all the good stuff PlatinumGames added within the FOX engine.

Veteran
    Your first MGS will be Revengeance? That's one heck of a start.

In terms of gameplay, it's definitely not going to be anything like traditional Metal Gear games (i.e., all of the other canon games)...but you probably know that haha. You're probably going to be in for a good story, though, as held by Metal Gear tradition, except leaner (which will probably be a good thing).

PSN ID
    AViiONiX
    Game looks great but im gonna miss the stealth aspect of the game.Iv started playing MGS4 Again since the trophy patch and iv nearly got my platinum just need the sounds of the battlefield trophy.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    The black guy who says "they could destabilize the entire region"... lol... I wonder if this is the exact line that he says at this moment, because if it is, the synchronization/animation of the lips/mouth is terrible.

Many of the lines in this trailer were said NOT by the characters on screen I think. For example the sentence where someone says "blabla big old conspiracy?" - I think this is said by the Cyborg with the red sword.
    Forgot to reply to this.

It's unlikely that the game is showcasing bad lip synching. The first scene with Raiden and the Prime Minister has proper lip synching. Everything else after that not only has nothing syncing with the dialogue...but either the dialogue doesn't even match the right person on-screen who is moving his/her mouth or the amount of mouth movement doesn't correlate with amount of words spoken in the audio.

I just think the video following the Raiden/Prime Minister scene is taken from the Japanese version with finished English voice acting on top of it. I don't think Platinum/KP have finished re-purposing the animations for the recorded English dialogue at the time of the trailer's release. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen something like this, that's for sure.

Thread Information