Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Gran Turismo 5 update 2.08 detailed, three new cars

GT5: Academy Edition launches next week, and so does more DLC for Gran Turismo 5.

For those still enjoying the racer, on September 25 and 26 in the US and UK, respectively, the Sunaru BRZ S ’12, the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11, and the Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy ’12, will be released so you can add them to your car collection.

These three new vehicles will be available on PlayStation Store for €0.99/£0.79 each.

Update 2.08 will also be available. Here’s the details on that:
    • Now possible to select “Disable collisions” in the [Event Settings] of online races.
    • ID’s are now shown above cars when watching online races.
    • Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS” and “TH8RS” has been adjusted.
    • Rate of tire wear in endurance races has been slowed (excluding formula cars).
    • Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.
    • Autopilot has been adjusted to prevent colliding with the wall when exiting the pit lane on the Tsukuba circuit.
    • Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)
    via VG247.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    This should have came a long time ago. Too little too late since I already traded it in.

Ancient
    Its games like these that make me think, How can theu even improve on that!
    Seriously they'll show a PS4 GT and I'll be like, GT5?

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    There are alot GT4 assets (both tracks and cars) in that game plus a boatload of PS2 cars aka standard cars. I expect the next GT on PS4 will be a purely next gen game graphically. Lots of room for improvement. The premium cars and the lighting are great though. But the standard cars and certain tracks like Laguna Seca and others look PS2 quality. The city tracks look the best. That whole game is a mixed bag with very inconsistent graphical quality. So definitely lots of room for improvement. I wont even get into what it lacks in features and customization/tuning options. GT5 feels very souless and barebones compared to the GTs before it.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-22-2012 at 02:55.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    There are alot GT4 assets (both tracks and cars) in that game plus a boatload of PS2 cars aka standard cars. I expect the next GT on PS4 will be a purely next gen game graphically. Lots of room for improvement. The premium cars and the lighting are great though. But the standard cars and certain tracks like Laguna Seca and others look PS2 quality. The city tracks look the best. That whole game is a mixed bag with very inconsistent graphical quality. So definitely lots of room for improvement. I wont even get into what it lacks in features and customization/tuning options. GT5 feels very souless and barebones compared to the GTs before it.
    I was gonna mention that, but I thought $#@! it
    But those premium cars.....

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I was gonna mention that, but I thought $#@! it But those premium cars..... Sent via Codec
    Yeah I love those premium cars. They look sweet.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Sweet update, cannot wait. Say what you will about GT5, but the developers worked their asses and continue to do so. Every 2 or 3 weeks we have a new race, drift and time trial in case anyone completed A-spec and B-spec or just don't wanna bother with them. They are still doing DLC and patch updates.

How many developers are that consistent? And it's almost 2 years since this game came out. They could have dropped the ball by just leaving it "as is" but they persist with updates and new refinements. The standard cars don't even bother me at this point. There's just too many good features that far outweigh the negatives, FOR ME.

And I drive a car, so naturally, this is my favourite racing sim/racer. And it's funny cause I've never been a fan of the series only until GT4.

Thread Information