Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Awesome news. I love that these companies are giving us 10 year life-cycles like this.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't think anyone could doubt that Sony would continue to support the PS3. This isn't like Microsoft where they abandoned the original Xbox.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I don't think anyone could doubt that Sony would continue to support the PS3. This isn't like Microsoft where they abandoned the original Xbox.
    Luckily MS is making up for that with the 360. Hard to believe we will be running all these consoles for so long! Granted, I am still buying the PS4 and Xbox Next when they come out on day one.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    How much you wanna bet I don't wait 3 years? I did it with the PS2, yes, the PS2.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Ancient
    Judging by their support from previous consoles this means 2014 confirmed.
    So next year it should be announced

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    They had to abandon the Xbox because Nvidia was gouging them on production costs and licensing royalties because they felt they weren't making enough profit due to poor Xbox sales. They even went to court over it. Xbox was never going to make any money going on that path. Thats why MS bought the license for the tech this time with the 360. Amazing how many people either dont know or have forgotten about that.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-22-2012 at 00:48.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    They had to abandon the Xbox because Nvidia was gouging them on licensing royalties. They even went to court over it. Xbox was never going to make any money going on that path. Thats why MS bought the license for the tech this time with the 360. Amazing how many people either dont know or have forgotten about that.
    Correct.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Ancient
    They had to abandon the Xbox because Nvidia was gouging them on production costs and licensing royalties because they felt they weren't making enough profit due to poor Xbox sales. They even went to court over it. Xbox was never going to make any money going on that path. Thats why MS bought the license for the tech this time with the 360. Amazing how many people either dont know or have forgotten about that.
    Indeed some people don't like it but the Original Xbox was a "dare I say it" flop, when poor sales are making you bleed as bad like MS was its no wonder they killed it asap, I'm surprise people even supported the 360 dispite the back story, buy the Xbox was still a good console
    Ultimately the Xbox brand was a failure, luckily gamers paid no attention to that when purchasing the 360 and gave MS a chance to prove they can be competitive with Nintendo & Sony and make the Xbox brand strong( well in the west anyway)
    Lets see what happens Nextgen, one thing for sure, they got their $#@! together(how much that is owed to Sony slipping this gen is debatable) and now the way is up.

Sent via Codec

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Indeed some people don't like it but the Original Xbox was a "dare I say it" flop, when poor sales are making you bleed as bad like MS was its no wonder they killed it asap, I'm surprise people even supported the 360 dispite the back story, buy the Xbox was still a good console Ultimately the Xbox brand was a failure, luckily gamers paid no attention to that when purchasing the 360 and gave MS a chance to prove they can be competitive with Nintendo & Sony and make the Xbox brand strong( well in the west anyway) Lets see what happens Nextgen, one thing for sure, they got their $#@! together(how much that is owed to Sony slipping this gen is debatable) and now the way is up. Sent via Codec
    I knew when I saw your name here that you were going after my comment. lol I never said that the first Xbox wasn't a flop (feel better now?). I'm just saying there was more to it then MS just abandoning it. As for next gen we'll just have to see what MS does now that the 360 has been so successful.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-22-2012 at 02:08.

Ancient
    I knew when I saw your name here that you were going after my comment. lol I never said that the first Xbox wasn't a flop (feel better now?). I'm just saying there was more to it then MS just abandoning it. As for next gen we'll just have to see what MS does now that the 360 has been so successful.
    I wasn't actually referring to you mate, it wasn't a response to what you said or a counter argument, I was just continuing from where you left it.
    adding to it, if you will

Sent via Codec

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I wasn't actually referring to you mate, it wasn't a response to what you said or a counter argument, I was just continuing from where you left it. adding to it, if you will Sent via Codec
    Tbh I was just giving you a hard time in the first part of my post which is why I added a lol to it. Anyway no worries bro.

Ancient
    Tbh I was just giving you a hard time in the first part of my post which is why I added a lol to it. Anyway no worries bro.
    Didn't even notice
    Anyway it's nearly 3 here and I gotta be up for work at 7
    Nite all

Sent via Codec

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Didn't even notice Anyway it's nearly 3 here and I gotta be up for work at 7 Nite all Sent via Codec
    Goodnight. Have a good day at work.

Ancient
    Goodnight. Have a good day at work.
    Lmao, thanks

Sent via Codec

Ultimate Veteran
    As soon as the ps4 launches games will dry up fast for the ps3. Look at gamestop they dont sell new ps2 games they only make new games for it in japan I WILL HAVE THE PS4 ON LAUNCH DAY

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    They will no doubt be manufacturing the console once ps4 is out, as well as a bunch of the budget like 1st party games. But we won't see any major releases... Maybe a couple stray projects that needed to be finished on ps3 and all the FIFA and sport games
    But once PS4 is out, that's the main focus

Via Tapatalk
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 09-22-2012 at 06:08.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    PS3 doesn't really need that many more games. It will get new titles up until 2015, Sony claimed. With DCUO, Dust 514, FF XIV and Guild Wars 2, I'd advertise the console as a cheap MMO gaming machine if I were Sony. In any event, if those games, as well as an eventual port of Diablo 3 come out, Sony could do quite well with the consoles lifespan.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    As soon as the ps4 launches games will dry up fast for the ps3. Look at gamestop they dont sell new ps2 games they only make new games for it in japan I WILL HAVE THE PS4 ON LAUNCH DAY
    Thats not entirely true, PS2 had solid releases including GOW2 & TR: Anniversary for up to 14 months after PS3 arrived, even the PSone had FFIX just before launch and Tomb Raider Chronicles after launch of the PS2
    Just don't expect anything spectacular after 6 months of PS2 being on the market, unless its a delayed title.
    But what you can expect is to see Wii U titles taking up shop floors in game shops, here in the UK and I'm sure it the same everywhere else 360 took up most the shop floor and PS2 was pushed to a corner in the back, dispite the PS2 still being dominant in sales and game releases
    It was annoying really because they didn't have space to stock all PS2 releases or even older titles but it was a endless repeat of the same titles from the front of the stores to the back of 360 games, even thou there was more titles being released in a month on PS2 then 360 had in its entire library

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 09-22-2012 at 12:29.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    PS3 doesn't really need that many more games. It will get new titles up until 2015, Sony claimed. With DCUO, Dust 514, FF XIV and Guild Wars 2, I'd advertise the console as a cheap MMO gaming machine if I were Sony. In any event, if those games, as well as an eventual port of Diablo 3 come out, Sony could do quite well with the consoles lifespan.
    Has Guild Wars and Diablo been confirmed for PS3? If anything those would propably end up on PS4.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Thats not entirely true, PS2 had solid releases including GOW2 & TR: Anniversary for up to 14 months after PS3 arrived, even the PSone had FFIX just before launch and Tomb Raider Chronicles after launch of the PS2 Just don't expect anything spectacular after 6 months of PS2 being on the market, unless its a delayed title. But what you can expect is to see Wii U titles taking up shop floors in game shops, here in the UK and I'm sure it the same everywhere else 360 took up most the shop floor and PS2 was pushed to a corner in the back, dispite the PS2 still being dominant in sales and game releases It was annoying really because they didn't have space to stock all PS2 releases or even older titles but it was a endless repeat of the same titles from the front of the stores to the back of 360 games, even thou there was more titles being released in a month on PS2 then 360 had in its entire library Sent via Codec
    PS2 had more releases in one month than 360 had in its entire library? C'mon now. I seriously doubt that. Unless youre talking about right at 360 launch.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Has Guild Wars and Diablo been confirmed for PS3? If anything those would propably end up on PS4.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...s-2-on-console

Diablo 3 has been heavily hinted at.

Ancient
    PS2 had more releases in one month than 360 had in its entire library? C'mon now. I seriously doubt that. Unless youre talking about right at 360 launch.
    Obviously I was referring to that time frame, not from 05 till now
    What I was referring to was that space was taken up by the same 360 games because there wasn't many, but the games released for the PS2 in a month then was more then they actually stocked for 360, so it was annoying

Sent via Codec

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Also the PS3 most likely will be marketed in other regions of the word that are behind on tech whole the PS4 is being launched for major markets I give the ps3 life until 2016 before they stop manufacturing it

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Also the PS3 most likely will be marketed in other regions of the word that are behind on tech whole the PS4 is being launched for major markets I give the ps3 life until 2016 before they stop manufacturing it
    As of 2012, over 12 years after its initial release, new games continue to be developed and sold (for PS2). The latest game is MLB 2K12, released in March 2012 in North America only;[10] FIFA 13 and PES 2013 are also due to be released for the system in September 2012.[11][12]
    From wikipedia. PS2 getting 2013 games lol. To be honest, I expect PS3 production to carry on another 5+ years if PS2s are still kicking now. When PS4 comes out, PS3 will probably get another discount and could perform the way PS2 has during this gen.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Obviously I was referring to that time frame, not from 05 till now What I was referring to was that space was taken up by the same 360 games because there wasn't many, but the games released for the PS2 in a month then was more then they actually stocked for 360, so it was annoying Sent via Codec
    Ok, I kind of thought thats what you were saying but I wasnt sure. lol

Thread Information