Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Uh...big PS supporter but no. PS can't do mario....end story. Lets face it...only reason anyone I know has a Wii.

2. Likes Fon likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    see i have a few PS3's, and a vita (and everything else under the sun x 2) so what i really need is some actual hands on with the U personally before i can say for sure its the $#@!. ive been saying already that the Vita+PS3 should already be able to handle 99% of anything the Wii U will do (and more seeing as the vita is an actual console and in itself is more powerful than the Wii U controller on its own.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

4. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    The PS3 and Vita CAN do what the Wii U does....for twice the price
    Agreed. Not to mention, Wii U will have all the important integration out-of-the-box while we're hoping for some magic firmware update.

Come on guys, we all know a Wii U-like integration will not happen anytime soon...if ever.

The problem is lack of standardization which hurts sales and that in essence limits motivation to put out compatible content (i.e. Move/Kinect).

You either integrate it from the beginning or you bear the risk of it ever being utilized to the point where it could've been.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Prove it...

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Your wife lets you go out and buy 3 PS3s, 2 PSPs and a Vita and you wont buy her a single Wii? Meanie!!!

By "uneducated" I meant your blank statement that made it SEEM like you didn't read the article and posted strictly based on the thread title. I wasn't making a comment on your actual level of education so I do apologize for this if you felt insulted by it.

And his statement about functionality is what this thread IS about so going off talking about software is kind of derailing it.
    No, I won't buy her one lol...I hate crap that sits around unused. I do let her play on my PSPGO because she loves Tetris. What I was saying is that the premise behind it....even if the technology is possible...is a false premise. I get it...I know the Wii U is not that powerful and we know what the Vita and PS3 is capable of and I love them....but those features and "technology" is not what drives customers that are interested in Nintendo. It's been decades since Nintendo was producing tech that was at the top of the console market. What continues to sell Nintendo products are 1st and foremost GAMES. The game series of Mario and to lesser degrees Zelda and several other 3rd party exclusive games like Monster Hunter and Anime series are what drive millions to the consoles and handhelds. Secondly Nintendo usually has innovative gaming ideas from motion control, 3d in hand held, and those pads we used to run on, duck hunter gun and so on. Also they usually have a more affordable business model.

While I will never likely buy one they usually have things that the others don't. I even expect some things on the tablet and with the console that haven't been released and won't be possible. I think Sony is still underestimating them even though they got their ass kicked this gen. Technology aside....processing power aside Nintendo will still have things the PS3/Vita can't do. Does this guy really think he knows EVERYTHING that Nintendo is planning. Just because you have the horsepower doesn't mean you have the innovative ideas that they have. PS3/Vita is a nice kit. I love mine and the more they build on that relationship the more I enjoy them...I won't trade off for a WII U....but I think the article is vastly over-simplifing things and very much under estimating what Nintendo has in store for their new console. Feature wise I fully expect Nintendo to come out with features between the two that no one has imagined and if they don't...well truely they will fail hard...but that would just be financial suicide to release such a device that isn't forward thinking and any way innovative.

Even still....Mario and Mario linked franchises alone will sell enough consoles and games to keep them in the black. No worries.

I've played LBP and LBP2 levels and though fun...just doesn't feel the same.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Dreamcast VMU's? All of these concepts are different...period.
    What?

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    What?
    Not sure what "what" is in reference to? Lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    I'm talking to some non hardcore gamers and ALL believe the iPad looking controller is a portable console and they'll use it on the train/bus or kids can use it at school. This will turn very bad for the shops when all the people bring back the console as they're not happy.
    The games we've seen in ads (golf using the pad on the floor to detect the swing, pad used to input a code to unlock a door ...) is nowhere interesting and brings nothing to gameplay. I can see a lot of angry people bringing the console back .

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Can't play new Mario so no. I don't care about hardware technicalities, Mario and Zelda will always keep me glued to Nintendo.
    I wouldn't buy multi plats for Wii U though over my PS3.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Just for $#@!s n giggles... the thread title is funny lol. Basically they are saying if you buy two consoles, you can do the same thing as buying one. Just made me giggle a little.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Just for $#@!s n giggles... the thread title is funny lol. Basically they are saying if you buy two consoles, you can do the same thing as buying one. Just made me giggle a little.
    Lol exactly. I just love corporate PR talk. They just talk out of their asses it's so funny
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Lol exactly. I just love corporate PR talk. They just talk out of their asses it's so funny
    When they bundle the Vita and PS3, for the price of the Wii U, then I"ll kiss that ass they talk out of.

15. Likes Yungstar 2006, Fon , RaY_210 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Wow this thread is back? Lol...

Simple answer is NO lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ancient
    Haha Sony is crazy
    PS3 & Vita can't run Epic Mickey 2 @ 8fps

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    well, they don't have mario or Zelda. I think the WiiU looks pretty awesome to be honest, but I will wait until a few games i want come out before purchasing it.

Veteran
    This statement by Sony PR is giving me some serious flashbacks. Let me think here...

2010 Sony: "Everything Kinect can do, the PS3 and Move can do already".

welp

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    So the Vita can control my cable box and tv? When did this happen?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I mean, if they actually USED the Wii U, they'd be like, "FUDGE SICKLES!! Why didn't we think of this?" Rather, they do the 'ol "Insert our products, add the "they can do what, insert other products, can do".... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    So the Vita can control my cable box and tv? When did this happen?
    The PSP1001 can do that.

Master Guru
    Obviously the PS3 can do anything another console can do better but. The Wii U has Mario, Zelda, and Metroid. Enough said.

It's all about the games and Nintendo will bring it like always with the first party titles. That's a given.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    When they bundle the Vita and PS3, for the price of the Wii U
    then i'll listen.....

Thread Information