View Poll Results: The speed limit is "50 mph" . . .

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Then I'm going to drive 40 mph (I drive a lot slower than the speed limit)

0 0%
  • Then I'm going to drive slight above or below or spot on 50 mph (I drive the speed limit)

17 70.83%
  • Then that means I'm going to drive 65 and above mph (I drive a lot faster than the speed limit)

7 29.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Wanna Go Fast!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    on my way back from atlanta heading back home to charlotte, the speed limit posted was 65mph. i was pulled over doing 92mph! (radar system got me) i got a $200 ticket and about 2 weeks later, got hit with a super speeder ticket of $200 and 4 points added to my license.

anyways, usually i drive 5/10mph above the posted speed limit

Dedicated Member
    Depends on which car I'm driving. If it's my everyday car or wife's SUV, I almost always go the speed limit or 5 over. But I sometimes go well over the limit if I'm driving my Cadillac XLR (hard not to go fast in a car that goes 0 to 60 in under 5s with a top speed of 155mph), but I try to be careful with that as I'm already a target in that car.

Oh, and no speeding tickets so far. Not bad for someone who's been driving for 18+ years.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    imINxile
    The speed limits around here suck. It'll go from 30 to 55 in areas that all seem the same. Usually stay about 5 over. Unless I'm stoned, then id get there faster if I got out and walked.

Elite Member

Depends on what the speed limit is. In Texas, highway speed limits can be anywhere from 60 MPH up to 85 MPH. I will usually drive 5-10 mph over, but I don't find that necessary once I'm already doing 85.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    wot
    they use MPH in England (not sure about rest of UK)

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    wat?

how'd you single out England from Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Veteran
    Not sure what you're saying. I said I'm not sure about them. Is it MPH in all of Britain? That would only strengthen my original point.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Not sure what you're saying. I said I'm not sure about them. Is it MPH in all of Britain? That would only strengthen my original point.
    yes MPH across all of UK. One government, one law though they have tried to get it changed to KPH via referendums.
    it sounded as if you weren't sure about Wales, Scotland, and N.Ireland using MPH.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Veteran
    Yeah I was originally going to post Britain, but changed it to England as I wasn't 100% on the other 3. I just didn't want to peddle it as fact if I wasn't sure.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    oh yes, my bad

Learn to do signatures here

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Better not be one of those middle lane drivers those are the worst drivers of all, sit ther pootling at 50MPH with nothing on either side of them.
    I'm super self-conscious about staying in the lines, actually.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Speedos are never accurate anyway, usually they under estimate and if your car hase after market larger wheels on its even worse.

Must be a British thing. My Mustang's speedo is 100% accurate, down to the tenth of a mile per hour, as confirmed by three different radar readings.

Elite Member
    Is it just me, or is it always harder to maintain a speed ending with a '5' digit? Something like 35mph or 45mph is harder than 40mph or 50mph.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    If you're driving your vehicle down a highway or road and the speed limit says "50 mph", how fast do you drive? Do you drive the speed limit or slightly below or above the speed limit? Do you drive a lot slower than the speed limit? Or do you drive a lot higher than the speed limit?

Bonus question: If you drive a lot higher above the speed limit, how many tickets do you usually get per year and what state or region do you live in?

European members feel free to get in on this thread. All I know is you guys' steering wheel is on the right.
    way late but I usually drive 5 over the speed limit. and I've gotten 1 ticket knock on wood

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    since this thread has been up, i got my first speeding ticket.......and i swear to god, the police can suck an ostrich egg!

there is this motorway where i am that has a VERY steep decline/incline, and on the way down it, i let the speed creep up (as you do on a motorway that is empty, and usually empty 80% of the time) and the $#@! stain coppers stuck one of their $#@! stain police camera vans on the damn decline around a bend no less!! 118 KPH in a 100 KPH zone? yeah looks bad on paper, but the hill is a gear 2/3 hill for your average family car, to give some idea of how steep it is.

So yeah, decidedly miffed at those tactics. i don't speed, and getting caught adhering to the laws of physics simply rubs me the wrong way. next time i'll slam the fudging brakes to placate them...yeah, go motorway! hope no ones behind me! :/
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    since this thread has been up, i got my first speeding ticket.......and i swear to god, the police can suck an ostrich egg!

there is this motorway where i am that has a VERY steep decline/incline, and on the way down it, i let the speed creep up (as you do on a motorway that is empty, and usually empty 80% of the time) and the $#@! stain coppers stuck one of their $#@! stain police camera vans on the damn decline around a bend no less!! 118 KPH in a 100 KPH zone? yeah looks bad on paper, but the hill is a gear 2/3 hill for your average family car, to give some idea of how steep it is.

So yeah, decidedly miffed at those tactics. i don't speed, and getting caught adhering to the laws of physics simply rubs me the wrong way. next time i'll slam the fudging brakes to placate them...yeah, go motorway! hope no ones behind me! :/
    how does that work for you? they took a Polaroid of you being Fast and Furious and then what? court?

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Thread Information