Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: The speed limit is "50 mph" . . .

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Then I'm going to drive 40 mph (I drive a lot slower than the speed limit)

0 0%
  • Then I'm going to drive slight above or below or spot on 50 mph (I drive the speed limit)

17 70.83%
  • Then that means I'm going to drive 65 and above mph (I drive a lot faster than the speed limit)

7 29.17%
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanna Go Fast!

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

Wanna Go Fast!

If you're driving your vehicle down a highway or road and the speed limit says "50 mph", how fast do you drive? Do you drive the speed limit or slightly below or above the speed limit? Do you drive a lot slower than the speed limit? Or do you drive a lot higher than the speed limit?

Bonus question: If you drive a lot higher above the speed limit, how many tickets do you usually get per year and what state or region do you live in?

European members feel free to get in on this thread. All I know is you guys' steering wheel is on the right.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

2. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    If you're driving your vehicle down a highway or road and the speed limit says "50 mph", how fast do you drive? Do you drive the speed limit or slightly below or above the speed limit? Do you drive a lot slower than the speed limit? Or do you drive a lot higher than the speed limit?

Bonus question: If you drive a lot higher above the speed limit, how many tickets do you usually get per year and what state or region do you live in?

European members feel free to get in on this thread. All I know is you guys' steering wheel is on the right.
    notsureifserious.jpg

To answer your question, i always drive ~10miles faster then the limit.
    On the autobahn i drive vmax
    Average tickets per year 0.2 (only got 2 tickets in 10years).

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Never gotten a ticket, always go way faster than the speed limits.

Learn to do signatures here

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The speed limits 60 here. Between 60-70 is how fast I drive.
    Never gotten a ticket before.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

Wanna Go Fast!

There is no limit I average 75mph everywhere because i can and how many tickets I've gotten....0 how many times I talk my way outta a ticket about 5 times in the last 12 years lol

I did however get into a race today with some kid in a Honda Civic I took the bmw to work today. I hit about 120 and he had his ass handed to him while I was riding in luxury lol

But I typically do about 10 to 15 over. Fack driving slow I got things to see and people to do
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 09-23-2012 at 20:18.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    I drive a lot faster than the speed limit, obviously slow down for the speed cams. In the US, got pulled over for speeding and no seat belt but as luck would have it the cop said he pulled me over out of his jurisdiction, so just ticketed me for the seat belt. In the UK, never have gotten a ticket yet but they have some of the worst driving I have ever seen here.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

El Presidente
    If it is 55 then I'm usually doing between 55-60. Unless I'm passing someone or accidentally hit an old lady. I'm doin at least 80 after that.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Elite Sage
    I don't even know the speed limits around here lol. All I know is I average 40 in my car, 45 on my bike. Not down the local streets though thats dangerous, but on the regular streets. 0 tickets in 2 years though, I'd say on average i'm 15-20 over the limit if I could take a shot at it.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Elite Sage
    I stopped driving faster than what the speed limit tells you after I survived from a car crash.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

11. Likes Fijiandoce, keefy likes this post
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    The wheel is on the right side in the UK and the wrong side everywhere else.

I don't have a lead foot anymore and since juice is expensive now I tend to drive at 50-60 on motorways thesedays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    I stopped driving faster than what the speed limit tells you after I survived from a car crash.
    Certainly opens your eyes to the dangers, the only danger int his thread is the ticket.

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover

Um, our steering wheel is on the left. Except for the UK of course. But them guys are weird anyways.

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I usually try to maintain a speed of 5-10km above the speed limit.

But there are times I go way faster than the limit. I did get a ticket and lost my licence for 3 months last year though. After that I always keep an eye for undercover cop cars.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Well here in Canada (and in Europe) we like to call it KM, it's much more exact.

Anyway, 60km on streets would be 40 miles limit on streets there, amirite? Anyway, I go roughly 10km over the speed limit at any given time. Sometimes 20km over on the highway, but that's just if I'm in a rush, which is rare. Otherwise, 110 (instead of the maximum 100km/h).

But I did get a speeding ticket two years ago, a month or so after GT5 releases, because, well, I thought I was a race car driver. My opponent was this slow-poke who was going 10km under the speed limit. I got angry, I went 20km over the limit. It was one of those residential streets where insurance companies and butthurt organizations get the speed limit down to 50km/h. I went 70. I got caught by this undercover black Camaro..and let me tell you the feeling of ****ting your pants when you see the lights flash in the rear-view. It was after making a right turn on the street, where I thought I could be like the Stig and use the corner as a clipping point to let go of the gas and then when making the turn, slamming the pedal to the metal like a boss. Not such a boss after seeing those red and blues flash.

Holy ****.

But I got off easy. It was gonna cost me 3 points and $110, but I went to trial, pleaded guilty and got no points and only $60 fine. And the record expires this December. It's really the insurance companies that you have to be scared of more than the cops, in this situation. Unless you're just an asshole and drive like a douchebag all the time, then you deserve to be caught and have a suspended license. I deserved the ticket, because I was an asshole for doing that.

Oh and FYI, not every country in Europe has the drivers side on the right.

and the wrong side everywhere else.
    Well technically speaking, Japan also has their wheel on the right side. (Am I forgetting anywhere else?)

And no, it's not wrong everywhere else. Your streets are completely different to NA's, so that does not make it wrong every else. Whatever works really.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 09-23-2012 at 23:19.

Forum Sage

If it's day i tend to stick around the speed limit, maybe 5mph faster. If it's late and the roads are quite empty i'll drive 40mph in a 30mph area

17. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Power Member
    KM to Miles = divide by 8 multiply by 5.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    I go 10 over Unless it's the end of the month. Cops gotta reach their quota. I've never gotten a speeding ticket but have gotten other types of tickets. Just got one a month ago for not wearing my seatbelt

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Forum Sage

Elite Member
    If the speed limit is 50mph, I'm driving between 45 and 50mph. I never noticed this until I started driving, but most people (Long Islanders at least) drive way over the speed limit, including my very own sweet, precious mother. I don't care if it means everyone behind my has to slow down; I'm driving the speed limit. Deal with it!
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

22. Likes boogernose likes this post
    Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    If the speed limit is 50mph, I'm driving between 45 and 50mph. I never noticed this until I started driving, but most people (Long Islanders at least) drive way over the speed limit, including my very own sweet, precious mother. I don't care if it means everyone behind my has to slow down; I'm driving the speed limit. Deal with it!
    Better not be one of those middle lane drivers those are the worst drivers of all, sit ther pootling at 50MPH with nothing on either side of them.

24. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    If it's day i tend to stick around the speed limit, maybe 5mph faster. If it's late and the roads are quite empty i'll drive 40mph in a 30mph area
    this
    during the day im in no rush, so i'll keep close to the speed limits.

at night the roads are empty so i'll go a little faster.
    roads are scary at night though. being the only car on a four lane motorway is eerie as ****!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Well here in Canada (and in Europe) we like to call it KM, it's much more exact.

Oh and FYI, not every country in Europe has the drivers side on the right.
    FYI, not every country in Europe uses KM

And it's not "more exact". One unit is not more accurate than the other.

Anyway, typically about 10 mph over the limit. They don't pull you over unless you're 11+ over, or if you're in some butthurt township.

Only ever got 1 ticket, but that was when I was in my brothers Camaro haha.
    Last edited by Shibby; 09-24-2012 at 14:48.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    FYI, not every country in Europe uses KM
    wot

Learn to do signatures here

Power Member
    Speedos are never accurate anyway, usually they under estimate and if your car hase after market larger wheels on its even worse.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Speedos are never accurate anyway, usually they under estimate and if your car hase after market larger wheels on its even worse.
    I think 10% over reading is average. It's never under read though. That just opens up a door for tons of lawsuits for speeding tickets and stuff. So if you think you're going 40, you're probably going about 36. And yeah if you change your tire size then you screw up the entire calibration.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

30. Likes keefy likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Which is why you verify using another method, like gps.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    I think 10% over reading is average. It's never under read though. That just opens up a door for tons of lawsuits for speeding tickets and stuff. So if you think you're going 40, you're probably going about 36. And yeah if you change your tire size then you screw up the entire calibration.
    They aren't allowed to be off by more than a certain amount, 6% I believe.

Thread Information