Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover

17 Minutes of Dead Space 3

Looks actually really promising!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Awesome! This video actually completely changed my negative oppinion on Dead Space 3. I thought it was turning into a stupid Gears of War clone or something. But this demo proves that it's still Dead Space (:

Looks like they improved the lighting in this game too. Because it seems like the visors light up the surroundings all the time, whereas in DS2 the visors only lit up the environment in some areas, that were usually small.

It actually makes a huge difference, because it adds so much reality to the atmosphere.
    Last edited by KungMartin90; 09-26-2012 at 16:24.

Elite Member
    I wasn't sure about this game which was sad, because I love Dead Space; but after seeing this demo, this might be a day one buy again. This is what I like to see in Dead Space.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Elite Member
    They just keep making dead space more and more awesome. Absolutely nothing bad to say about this demo at all.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Dead Space and Dead Space 2 were day 1 buys from me, this will be no different. I'm heaps excited! Gonna play through it on my own first, then find a co-op buddy

Via Tapatalk

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Looks ok. Probably rent it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Apprentice
    I can't believe how somebody doesn't want to own this game! But that's just me. I thought it looked very exciting and the graphics were very very good for consoles. The improvement in graphics is not like from DS1 to DS2, but it's absolutely huge. The hair, lighting, textures, character models, everything.

I just hope that one can still switch back to "classic" aim mode in the menu so that you have to align the lasers to the necromorphs instead of just points that stay the same size and are always at the exact center of the screen. People who played DS2 know what I'm talking about. In DS2, default was "centric", but you could switch to "classic", which is the aiming from Dead Space (the original) with the lasers. Much more fun and looks much cooler to be honest. Maybe in DS3 it'll switch automatically to centric (if you have it on classic) when you're in space or extremely big environments, because the lasers would shoot into infinity.

Why has this thread only 5 replies (6 with mine)? I can't believe that after two brilliant games, people still fail to recognize this great franchise. I always thought the DS franchise was much bigger than it is, but when I read that it isn't that popular at all, I was very surprised.

Anyway... I hope people will watch this video, dig into the DS franchise and find out how much fun it is. I thought the videos the we got to see so far looked great. The only thing that I had to adapt to a few minutes was the ice planet, but now, I'm totally fine with it. You're mostly inside buildings by the way (70/30 the developers said if I remember correctly). The coop will play a little bit differently and give you a different mood, but that's normal and OK. That's why you want to play coop with a friend after you finished the game (several times ) in singleplayer mode.

Still several months to go...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I'm not watching any thing DS3 related because it can ruin certain parts of the game. Playing DS2 I recognized certain parts from trailers and knew what was going to happen, so I'm skipping all trailers and footage this time

Graphically this is the biggest jump in DS franchise

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    imINxile
    Only could watch 5 minutes of the vid. Think I will hold off on watching any more of this game till its in my hands. I'm geeked..one of my favorite series this Gen. Haven't been excited about a whole lot lately..but looking forward to DS3.

Dedicated Member
    On one hand I really really want to watch this because I am excited about Dead Space 3. On the other hand I don't want to watch too much because it's always better when I have no idea what's about to happen. I honestly never really doubted DS3 (once I figured out that the coop is 100% optional).

I'm perfectly fine with sections where we have human enemies as well as necromorphs. It should end up with some pretty crazy scenarios. Like dealing with the headcrab zombies, antlions, and combine troopers in Half Life 2(ep1,ep2). I'm expecting this one to be another hell of a wild ride. I love Dead Space.

Thread Information